First Date Rules

Options
nolachick
nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
Saw this question posted somewhere and it got me thinking...no matter how you've met someone (in person or online), or how long you've known them, etc, what are your "First Date Rules"

Some of mine are:

:heart: No kissing on the first date.
:heart: No cursing on the first date. (this is more for me, but i also don't like men to do that early on)
:heart: Let the guy be a gentleman. (Sometimes women get caught up in being independent and self sufficient but on a date you should just sit back and be a lady)
:heart: No talking about the ex

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    :heart: Go with the flow
    :heart: Be myself
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    1. no kissing
    2. no touching unless they ask for a hug
    3. no sex
    4. be myself, go with the flow
    5. no ex talk
    6. let's be honest I am a trucker, I may curse haha
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Saw this question posted somewhere and it got me thinking...no matter how you've met someone (in person or online), or how long you've known them, etc, what are your "First Date Rules"

Some of mine are:

:heart: No cursing on the first date. (this is more for me, but i also don't like men to do that early on)
    :heart: Let the guy be a gentleman. (Sometimes women get caught up in being independent and self sufficient but on a date you should just sit back and be a lady)

I've never thought of any rules but I like yours. I wouldn't kiss a guy on a first date and I try not to curse because I think it's unladylike. I do curse but its infrequent and more when I accidentally slam my head into a cabinet.

Another thing is about paying...I think he should pay, it's the gentlemanly thing to do and if you let me pay for my own meal or food, I'm gonna think you don't care that much. It makes a better impression.
  • kimad
    Options

Some of mine are:

I've never thought of any rules but I like yours. I wouldn't kiss a guy on a first date and I try not to curse because I think it's unladylike. I do curse but its infrequent and more when I accidentally slam my head into a cabinet.

Another thing is about paying...I think he should pay, it's the gentlemanly thing to do and if you let me pay for my own meal or food, I'm gonna think you don't care that much. It makes a better impression.

Firstly, I agree, he should pay...

BUT
    I LMAO.. who slams their head into a cabinet? I serious just bursted out laughing :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

Some of mine are:

BUT
    I LMAO.. who slams their head into a cabinet? I serious just bursted out laughing :)

Me tonight lol! I was swearing up a storm!
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options
    Oh Kits...I so agree with you.

Go with the flow, have fun and be myself.
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I do think they should pay, but I also always offer to pay for myself/pull out my wallet. I don't expect it. I wouldn't have sex either on a first date and kissing.. eh most likely not.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Oh Kits...I so agree with you.

Go with the flow, have fun and be myself.
    ^
    Yep this.
  • kimad
    Options
    I do think they should pay, but I also always offer to pay for myself/pull out my wallet. I don't expect it. I wouldn't have sex either on a first date and kissing.. eh most likely not.

Agreed. I always haul out my wallet :) I think it'd be rude otherwise.
  • kimad
    Options

Some of mine are:

BUT

Me tonight lol! I was swearing up a storm!

Ouch!!!!!! That suck!
    I don't purposely swear but if a sh1t sleeps I ain't going to panic.

Eta: spelling terrible. Silly iPad. Or bad me for not spell checking
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in this rules on first dates business, I just act as I normally would as there's no point pretending to be something else.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    LOL on rules

Offer to pay your portion or buy a round of drinks

Have fun....
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I hear crickets!? Guess all the guys who used to say if they did not get a kiss on the first date wouldn't ask for date #2 are no longer on SP?
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options
    ^^^ Haha! Its a new day baby.

I will say it though..if someone doesn't try and kiss me at the end of the first date I would assume he is not interested or is shy or not particularly sexual. That really won't work for me in the long run.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    1.) "Accidentally" leave my wallet in the car - it's empty anyways
    2.) Crack a couple gay-jokes so she knows I'm not one of them, but make it clear that lesbians are cool as long as they don't wear flannels and trucker hats
    3.) Make a point to tell any bums asking us for change to get a real job - girls like confidence
    4.) Knock her drink out of her hand so I can inspect her cleaning skills

You know, basically just common sense.

Edit: Oh, I forgot - use the "c-word" as often as possible, both in reference to women and their lady parts. Real cake-winner here.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    2.) Crack a couple gay-jokes so she knows I'm not one of them, but make it clear that lesbians are cool as long as they don't wear flannels and trucker hats
    3.) Make a point to tell any bums asking us for change to get a real job - girls like confidence

Edit: Oh, I forgot - use the "c-word" as often as possible, both in reference to women and their lady parts. Real cake-winner here.

I have read nothing of this thread but saw you posted and hit view to read... well worth it!
  • kimad
    Options

I will say it though..if someone doesn't try and kiss me at the end of the first date I would assume he is not interested or is shy or not particularly sexual. That really won't work for me in the long run.

Really? I don't want a kiss on date one, but if you don't make a move on date two, then I would feel as you have said.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    1. No sex talk or jokes
    2. No inappropriate comments
    3. Be on time
    4. Dress like you actually care
    5. Engage in the conversation
    6. Refrain from inquiring about income, who the person live with, or any other personal question

I had someone who did the opposite of above and was def a pre-cursor for what was to come.
  • nolachick
    Options

haha. i think if there is chemistry you can feel it in other ways. like when a guy puts his hand on the small of your back when you're walking in and out of a place, kissing your cheek good night followed by a nice hug (squeeze tight lol).

maybe even a peck on the lips but definitiely not full blown making out.
  • nolachick
    Options

I have read nothing of this thread but saw you posted and hit view to read... well worth it!

lol i know right, he sounds like a real keeper haha. my prince charming