Options
    Hey there, just joined for some accountability

Me:2
    Binge:1
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Great to see so many new faces here!
    Good luck everyone. And remember, it is the good days you need to focus on, not the bad. Celebrate every binge free day and move on from the binges.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    I'm brand new, but I'm in.
    Ash-1
    Binge-2

Does anyone have any advice on impulse control or stopping yourself in the moment?

It comes over time as you start to work on figuring out triggers, whether it is emotional or physical, and putting together your own tools, such as a list of alternative things to do. Eventually, many find they can stop mid binge, by remembering that being a bit over is better than being a lot over. Also, be sure you are eating enough in the first place, and are in a healthy range on the BMI as being underweight will often trigger binge eating behaviour. I speak from experience there.
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim: 3
    The binge: 0

Can't believe I stopped myself from eating a whole dessert! Only had about 5 bites then stopped myself! Winning!
  • run252
    run252 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in!! Started march 31st! Love the idea of having this support!
    Me: 4
    The Binge: 0!!
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 3
    Binge 0

Today was tough, lots of snacking but I did end up under-- barely, and that is with a lot of exercise calories I burned and didn't binge. I also closed my diary again b/c I felt if I do binge I really want to keep logging all month no matter what!
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Heather: 3
    Binge: 0

Thank you so much for the kind words info_nrs and Graelwyn75. It really meant a lot.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    "If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results."
    Jack Dixon

April 2013:
    Mollie - 3
    The Binge - 0

Days did not log it all - 0
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    [/quote]
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    April 3

ME: 1
    BINGE: 2

A winning day...finally!
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    April is binge free so far!!!

Me: 3
    Bingemonster:0

Bingemonster you are going DOWN!!!!!
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Finally. Also my diary is open, and I'm open to new friendships for support.

April 2013:

Jaimee: 2
    Binge: 1 (4/1)

Days did not log the binge: 1 (4/1)

Drinking bender on 4/1. EDIT: I realized that I ate a slice of trigger food, but I stopped myself from going further. That's a win to me, not a fail. I need to stop beating myself up so much.

I hope that drinking bender was my only day. :grumble:
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    April 3

me: 3

the binge: 0
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Just want to give a shout out to all of you who started a binge but then stopped or who ate a trigger food in moderation. That's great progress and admirable to me!

*high ten!*
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just want to give a shout out to all of you who started a binge but then stopped or who ate a trigger food in moderation. That's great progress and admirable to me!

*high ten!*

Woohoo!

Me : 3
    Binge : 0

I too managed trigger food in moderation :smile:

Here's to day 4!
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    April 3, 2013

Kourtney: 1
    Binge: 2 (4/2, 4/3)

Binge free for: 0 days

I don't know what to do anymore. I haven't felt like myself the past week and a half. I feel so drained and tired, and when the binge craving strikes, I feel powerless. I just wish I could make it all stop! :(
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    April 3, 2013

Kourtney: 1
    Binge: 2 (4/2, 4/3)

Binge free for: 0 days

I don't know what to do anymore. I haven't felt like myself the past week and a half. I feel so drained and tired, and when the binge craving strikes, I feel powerless. I just wish I could make it all stop! :(

Hugs. Hang in there, and try and let it pass. Imagine it as just a slightly rough wave you have to pass over to smoother waters. Maybe you need more sleep, or less activity? Try and find out why you are so drained and tired as those feelings can lead to food cravings and binges.
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    April 2013

4/3/13

Poppy: 3
    the binge: 0

Got in a good, fast walk today at lunch and enjoyed that feeling, as well as the extra calories earned through the exercise. No binge tendencies, though I did have some of something sweet. I logged it, though, and quit after a handful.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    April 3, 2013

me: 1
    binge: 0

I am doing well with keeping my calories in range still struggling with exercise, i did walk today so its a start!
  • yoshna
    yoshna Posts: 69
    Options
    Me: 3
    Binge: 0

Sending LOADS of sunshine and motivation and energy and strength to you guys xx
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    April 3, 2013

Me:2
    The binge:1

I feel disappointed in my choices today. At least I stopped eventually.