Like Minded Lushes - April 2013

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, Robin - you've been sick :sick: a lot

I am walking the tightrope of drinks - or - drinks. I work tomorrow so I should really refrain. I'll start with plain water and see that quenches the urge.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 2 beers
  • zippo32
    Options
    Sat - 6 beers
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Well, broke......got into the tequila. :ohwell: But I did stick to veggies, roasted cauliflower, Chinese eggplant and Yukon Gold potato with onion for dinner......
    Today will be no alcohol. Gee, I think we lasted a week. LOL! But will do without during this week and pick Friday or Saturday to partake. Better than my regular habit.

:drinker: Have a great Sunday!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    April 13 - 2 big long islands...de-lish - counting as 4

Total count: 16 - I'm off tomorrow and drinks sound good
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    0-yesterday

A glass or 2 of red wine with dinner and my shows tonight. Mad Men and Nurse Jackie.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,169 Member
    Options
    Friday - 2 glasses wine
    Saturday - 0
    Sunday - 1.5 margaritas and so much food I want to burst!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Fri - 6 miller lites
    Sat - 3 miller lites
    Sun - 8 miller lites

mon-thurs hoping for zeros
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    A lot to catch up on.... I had 21 drinks last week instead of 16 but spread them out over the week so maxed out at 6 in one sitting which seems to be my magic number. Any more and everything goes down hill....

Question for my lushes: My husband had bloodwork done and his liver enzymes were high. He had them tested 10 years ago and they were high then, but we were getting ready to get married (the first time) and go on our honeymoon, so we kind of blew it off. His dr. was kind of judgey beotch and lectured him about drinking. He talked my sister (a dr.) and she said they are high, but not pre-cirohsis (sp?) or anything. Anyone have experience with high liver enzymes? I got him milk thistle and he's not supposed to drink for 30 days and have his blood tested again. So between vacations (between mid May and mid June) may be a Sober Time for me....or at least cutting back sigificantly.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,169 Member
    Options
    I know there are certain medications that can cause liver enzymes to increase, including some antidepressants, and in some people even Tylenol. Hope everything turns out fine after the cutting back.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Super lushy last night - 3 big long islands, 1 small blue moon and 2 Sam Adams - YIKES

Ashley, not sure about the liver enzymes - but, like Diana said, the tylenol mixed in could be bad.

Now, I am more curious than ever about my labwork which I haven't gotten back yet.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I know there are certain medications that can cause liver enzymes to increase, including some antidepressants, and in some people even Tylenol. Hope everything turns out fine after the cutting back.

Thanks. We take Iburprofen because of Tylenol's potential liver harm. WE figure we do enough damage.... Although his doc told him Ibu is also hard on the liver. Thanks ya'll.
  • zippo32
    Options
    Sun - 4 beers
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Very lushy last night, not sure what tonight holds.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    My kind of science! :laugh:

5a091b6b-f2c1-4b94-af76-b55715e5c088_zps63a82567.jpg
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Ashley, dandelion weed supplements are suppose to help liver function. I assume they tested him for Hep C? That is what my other half has had for years, plus he is a drinker. At 54 he has a little bit of cirrhosis (less than I thought he would have). Docs can treat as he has the gnome to do so, but so far he has refused (cause he would have to give up drinking for 6 months). I figure when he hurts bad enough, he will get the treatment. Sorry, I'm running off here!
    Tylenol is bad for the liver; ibuprofen is bad for the kidneys. So my step-dad's doc said when he had kidney cancer, then liver cancer.

Was a lushy Monday night for me .....didn't mean to but got in a funk and had to unwind. SPROOONG!!!

Have a good day all.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    April 15th, Total count: 25

I really need to rack up some zeros - but, I do have to say that 25 could have been for 1 week.

Tonight will def be a zero. My AA month has not gone so well :ohwell:

Robin, nice chart

Pam, I've not heard of the dandelion weed - interesting

Off to barre and work this body!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Thanks Pam. I have some dandelion tea I put in this detox tea on of my MFP makes. Maybe I'll get him to start taking that. Not sure about the Hep B. He had some bloodwork done a few years back and I think they tested for it. I guess we'll try the 30 days no alcohol and see how that does on him and go from there. I don't know why, but i'm not super worried about it.

Monday - 1 pomegranite vodka with diet 7up, splash of pom juice, and a lime. I call it The Ashley Springtime Surprise

Maybe a drink tonight. Maybe 2. Maybe 0.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Remember how I said I hate my dentist? I'm going tomorrow morning. :grumble:

Other than that..usual boring stuff from me...2 glasses of red wine last night. Maybe just one or none tonight. We shall see.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Spent time getting the travel trailer ready for our vacation. We leave on Monday and will spend three weeks seeing:

Dinosaur National Monument
    Arches National Park
    Canyonlands National Park
    Monument Valley
    Mesa Verde National Park

Will try and post some pics

Sydney- good luck with the Dentist. I know it's one of those necessary evils...

The sun was out for a bit so I will celebrate later with a tasty beverage.

Yesterday it rained and was miserable out so I cheered myself with a tasty beverage.

See a pattern here? :drinker: