The Binge: 7

Two days of great choices, Im praying I can continue this streak
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Had a really rough day yesterday, but I am proud to report:

Me: 23
    The Binge: 0

I went for a walk, vented on here, talked to my husband, allowed a portion controlled treat and made it through the day. Baby steps!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Me Vs the Binge Challenge

April 23
    Karen 14
    The Binge 9

Days Left 7

Binge Days
    4/1 4/2 4/3 4/4
    4/5 4/8 4/10 4/14
    4/16

I went over a tiny amount yesterday. Partly because I was hungry but I stopped myself from binging so I call that a success.
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    had a bad bad binge yesterday.... logged it though, which really sucked because i have a good accountability partner who checks my diary and i was so embarassed to log.... i think i was making up for lost time in my head. it's 7 am here and i still feel full.... booooo

this is the part where i want to quit and run. because i finally lost the control... not a little binge, but a giant binge....

i know it's one day at a time, but it's so hard for me to get back at it after a such a big binge ....
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hoping to finish out the month strong!!!

Me: 21
    Binge: 2
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    4-24-13
    Jul: 19
    Binge: 5 (4/4, 4/5, 4/11, 4/12, 4/19)

Days left in April: 6

Feeling really great. A big traveling weekend for a friend's wedding but pretty sure there won't be many opportunities to binge. I packed my own snacks and I'm feeling prepared : ) And feeling very lean, too!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.”

Tony Robbins

Yay.... only 6 more days left to get through this month.

Binge total for me : 8
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Diane: 16
    Binge: 7
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Beth: 12
    Binge: 11

I rocked it yesterday, and now The Binge and I are no longer tied...I won!
  • lucyhross
    lucyhross Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ME: 3
    THE BINGE: 2
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim: 21
    Binge: 2
  • kzhang1026
    Options
    got off to a bad start the first day but I'm back on the wagon and made it through today without incident (so far)

Me: 1
    Binge: 1
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Ok so this month has been disastrous. I've basically binged the whole month, with a day or two of being good in between. I am trying really hard to get back on track, and starting with small steps. I would like to get back into the challenge, but there is in no way I can beat the binge for this month. Instead of making myself upset, and dwelling on the bad, I am going to restart my challenge, starting yesterday. Hopefully I can keep on the right track. With that being said,

April (Starting with the 22nd) 23

Kourtney - 2
    Binge - 0

Days binge-free: 2! This is a big deal given what my month has been like!

The goal is not necessarily to beat the binge every month, but to track faithfully so you can see your progress over the months.
    Plenty on here continue to log their binge days, even if the binge is clearly outweighing the non binge days. You wont really see your progress and improvement over time if you stop and restart every time you have a bad run of it. That is my view.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    24th April.

Kate - 19.
    Binge - 5.
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The Binge: 3
    It's amazing how much easier this gets if I can get in a couple of good solid weeks on track! Suddenly the call of the food is a barely-audible background whisper rather than a distracting constant buzzing in my ear. Now I just wish my hard work would be reflected on the scale ... I just keep telling myself that if I can beat the binge, the weight will start to take care of itself.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    MONTH: 1

April 24 2013:

Jaimee: 16
    Binge: 8 (4/1, 4/5, 4/6, 4/13, 4/15, 4/16, 4/21, 4/23)

Days did not log the binge: 1 (4/21)

Binge Dates:
    Drinking bender on 4/1.
    Drinking bender on 4/5.
    Dinner with a friend on 4/6.
    Another dinner run 4/13, wtf!
    Lost all inhibitions, 4/15.
    Deep depression takes control, 4/16.
    Lost control from obsessing, 4/21.
    Lost control from bad day, 4/23.

There is a clear pattern with my binging. The days I don't binge are miserable trying to keep away from the food. I'm trying hard, but not hard enough apparently.
  • angelaengbrecht
    angelaengbrecht Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Angela: 17
    The Binge: 7

I really thought this was going to be my first binge-free week... Yesterday I got in a disagreement with my boyfriend, had a stressful 3hr long meeting after work, and then went out for an adult beverage with a co-worker. After we parted ways, I couldn't help it. I just let loose. On the way home (a 15 minute walk) I consumed at least 5 items totaling over a thousand calories. I was already over my goal by more than 600 calories... So, I ended nearly 1700 in the red.

Ugh.

It's okay. Today is a new day.
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Heather: 23
    Binge: 1

This the first time-THE FIRST TIME- in my adult life that I have eaten "normally" for this many days. I truly believe it's b/c I'm eating at a normal daily calorie intake (1600) and no food is "good" or "bad" or off limits. I mean how simple a solution for me is this and yet I never was able to grasp that concept--till now. In the past I thought that the only effective way for me to lose weight (and I was constantly trying to lose weight even at my thinnest thin self) was to eat next to nothing. Of course the body can only go so long before it has a meltdown and that's when I would binge and binge and binge.

Don't get me wrong this isn't the only reason for why I haven't binged in the past or won't binge in the future for that matter, but it's definitely been a light bulb moment. I still try to stay away from my trigger foods and no big emotional problem has plagued me lately. It's just nice to finally figure me out a little bit and hopefully grow more into the person I want to be.
  • Phoenix212
    Phoenix212 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Binge: 3

Those 3 days really rocked me hard, and I hate feeling like I ruined weeks of hard work. I'm not sure if it's helping or hurting to try to do fasting damage control either, but I'm not sure I really care. Past 2 days I've been under control (barely, and only because I feel like a walking water balloon), but the urges came back with the binge just as big and bad as ever :( One day at a time again.
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    April 24

Me-20
    The B-4