Daily Insane chat, banter and progress!

Options

Replies

• SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    has anyone else experienced a slump midway through month 2?

i LOVED month 1, and after starting month 2 and getting used to the new moves, i thought i was doing well... but then i just hit a brick wall and was exhausted and had no motivation to workout. i have had a couple of days rest, and a day of eating the whole world and i feel back to normal, but i just wondered if anyone else had experienced this half way through month 2?

i'm not giving up, i only have 11 workouts left to finish the programme so i am back at it today, but i am just a bit disappointed in myself!

I did as well. I didn't stop but I upped my calories, carbs and protein. The last week and a half I felt like I was living in someone elses body....the changes were so dramatic and so fast (perhaps why I was so run-down)

Don't give up.....good luck....you can do it!!!
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Almost done with week four and look forward to the "recovery" week.

Hell of a journey so far... looking forward to the weeks ahead.
  • jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Starting Month 2 shortly....Oh boy!!!! :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Got back to it with max plyo this afternoon! And I loved it! Only 10 workouts left!
  • esmo13
    esmo13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up week 2 of month 2 and am feeling the same way. I think I am just so tired in the mornings when I do it that I am losing motivation. Plus I am not seeing a ton of results other than I know I have gotten a lot stronger and my endurance is much higher - but not the physical results I was looking for.
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Day 47 Max Cardio Conditioning - done
  • koolaidman67
    Options
    Month 1 done!!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'll be finishing Insanity on Tuesday :noway: Wasn't sure what to do after but I think I'll do Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 Pack as my tummy is still my bugbear :wink: I'll probably do Insanity again after that but we'll see :smile:
  • Microfiber
    Options
    Just finished Day 60/63 - Max Recovery. The end is nigh :drinker:
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Day 48 Core Cardio and Balance - done.
  • koolaidman67
    Options
    First day of recovery week done. I think I sweated more today than I did last week, don't know if its the warmer temps or that with the slower pace I was able to take less breaks!!
  • Microfiber
    Options
    FINAL INSANITY DAY!!!! Yayyyyy!!! Having done the Cardio Abs last night, I did Max Cardio Conditioning this morning and will do the FINAL fit test when I get home after work. Tomorrow is my rest/fast day so I would be unable to do the fit test and I really want to wrap insanity up so decided to do it this evening then I can start something else on 1st May. Thanks to all my pals on here who kept me pressing play. Couldn't have done it without ya!

Will post final fit test results later and will put final photos up. Eek!! :laugh:
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    FINAL INSANITY DAY!!!! Yayyyyy!!!

Well done, HUGE achivement! You should be proud of completing it, as I'm sure you are :smile: I'm 2 weeks behind you, starting on Day 50 today, it feels like I'm on the last push to the end now.

What are you going to try next? I'm thinking of either repeating Insanity (think I can just squeeze a round in before my holidays in July) or pehaps trying Insanity Asylum. Have you tried P90X? I've heard mixed things about it so I'm not sure.
  • Microfiber
    Options
    What are you going to try next? I'm thinking of either repeating Insanity (think I can just squeeze a round in before my holidays in July) or pehaps trying Insanity Asylum. Have you tried P90X? I've heard mixed things about it so I'm not sure.

I'm so unsure but at the moment, I've settled for Jillian Michael's 6 week, 6 pack (free on youtube). Will start 1st May. I've not done P90x - the added equipment you need is putting me off!
  • jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats Microfiber!!! Don't forget to post your results for inspiration :) I'm still in Week 1 of Month 2, so I have a ways to go yet.
  • Microfiber
    Options
    Congrats Microfiber!!! Don't forget to post your results for inspiration :)

I'll be posting my final fit test results and photos soon.
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Day 50 Max Interval Circuit done
  • Woolified
    Woolified Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just started out my "recovery" week... the Core Cardio and Abs is a nice change of pace, I am also training for a race in May, so I have been running a little on the side as well. Day 30 Pics I am taking tomorrow to show against my Day 1 pics, Im hoping they look at least a little better...not gonna post them until the final Day of this round of Insanity. Me and my husband are already planning round 2!

:happy:
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Month 2, Day 1! It was gruesome!!! I was literally a drenched lump on the floor after one hour. LOL

How do you guys survive this? I had to take so many breaks 'cause my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my body. By the last circuit, I could barely keep my core tight as I was so sore. OMG.

Also, do you up your calories during month 2? If so, by how much? I was so hungry at breakfast that I ate my planned afternoon snack. Not sure if its normal to be this famished.

Kudos to everyone who've finished month2! :flowerforyou: And those in the same boat as me, I feel your pain! LOL :drinker:
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    just did day 1 fit test... already tires me out haha. hope to last the whole way through.