Replies

• April 26

Me - 24

Binge - 2
  • yoshna
    yoshna Posts: 69
    Me: 26
    Binge: 1

So disappointed in myself - so close to having a binge-free April, I can hardly believe I did it. On the plus side, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as my binges before this month were - I ate 3,300 cals today, but it had that out of control binge feeling (but I used to eat 6-8000 easily in a binge, so this is a small one, it's more about how it felt in my head I guess). I did stop myself from going to the shop and buying whatever I wanted though (almost did) so mostly ate relatively healthy things, and a few low-cal ice lollies. Could've been much worse. I feel absolutely terrible that I lost control. But I have a 10k run planned for tomorrow morning anyway, so I'm going to force myself to get up and do it even though I know I'm going to wake up with a horrible sinking feeling, and if I can do that then I'll be able to feel better tomorrow and get straight back to it. And then MAY will be the first month that I don't binge at all. Sorry for the long post...sending love and motivation to you guys!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Hey everyone.

The binge has won a total of 10 days this month. I fell hard yesterday and some today.

I'm not giving up (of course not!) but the negative thoughts are heavy at times like this. I really don't like disappointing myself; I feel so accomplished when I'm having good days. Binge days make me feel worthless and unsuccessful. I'm making it through though. I can only hope Sunday and the upcoming week are binge free -- I want to walk into may clean.
    I felt like crawling under a rock but I'm finally coming here to update. I can't explain to my other MFP friends why my ticker is never moving and why I go on exercise challenges like them and still come out without any true weight loss. It makes me feel stupid on this site, being on over a year and looking at the yo-yo behavior. Anyhow..

I don't dare weigh in... I bet I'm going up and down 5-8 lbs because of the restricting days vs the bloated feel like crap days. :p
    Thanks for listening and tolerating me on here haha.

Everyone have a good weekend? :flowerforyou:
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    april 26

Me: 19

Binge:7

So I had
    last night which is usually a trigger but instead it was an amazing delicious treat for having an amazing week! Today I am back to great eating and pre planning which feels good :) Best week Ive had in years!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    So I had
    last night which is usually a trigger but instead it was an amazing delicious treat for having an amazing week! Today I am back to great eating and pre planning which feels good :) Best week Ive had in years!

Good for you! Way to go :D
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    April 27

Me-23
    The B-4

Once again no urge to binge. I'm going to need to analyze why so I can duplicate it.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    April 2013

Diane: 16
    Binge: 10
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    I felt like crawling under a rock but I'm finally coming here to update. I can't explain to my other MFP friends why my ticker is never moving and why I go on exercise challenges like them and still come out without any true weight loss. It makes me feel stupid on this site, being on over a year and looking at the yo-yo behavior. Anyhow..

I don't dare weigh in... I bet I'm going up and down 5-8 lbs because of the restricting days vs the bloated feel like crap days. :p
    Thanks for listening and tolerating me on here haha.

We have all been where you are. Please don't beat yourself up so badly. You would never talk to one of us the way you are talking to yourself.

I think it's a good idea that you aren't weighing right now. Try to make some small changes that will help you avoid bingeing and move on from there.

We are all here for you so don't ever hesitate posting. Sending good thoughts your way.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    April 25

ME: 13
    BINGE: 14
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.”

Tony Robbins
    Thanks!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    April 2013:
    Mollie - 22
    The Binge - 5

Days did not log it all - 2
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Kim: 24
    The binge: 3

Totally failed today
  • angelaengbrecht
    angelaengbrecht Posts: 55 Member
    Angela: 18
    The Binge: 9

I've had three binge days this week, although on the last one I was able to stop it before I went to a second or third or fourth store. I'm still counting it as a binge, even though it was only two items, because it put me so far over, and I did have a few minutes of feeling powerless/insatiable.

All three days were days when I didn't go to the gym, I had an unplanned social event, and some small portion of alcohol was involved.

I basically never drink, but when I do (even one glass of wine) it's often followed by a binge, especially if I'm then alone. I think it just lowers my impulse control.

Hmm. I'm glad I stopped the last one, but I'm pretty bummed that I binged three times this week...
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Heather: 27
    Binge: 1
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    27th April.

Kate - 21.
    Binge - 6.
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    The Binge: 9

I've had three binge days this week, although on the last one I was able to stop it before I went to a second or third or fourth store. I'm still counting it as a binge, even though it was only two items, because it put me so far over, and I did have a few minutes of feeling powerless/insatiable.

All three days were days when I didn't go to the gym, I had an unplanned social event, and some small portion of alcohol was involved.

I basically never drink, but when I do (even one glass of wine) it's often followed by a binge, especially if I'm then alone. I think it just lowers my impulse control.

Hmm. I'm glad I stopped the last one, but I'm pretty bummed that I binged three times this week...

Well done for stopping! I've hada massive binge for the last 3 days & MUST stop today!!!!! I've confessed to them in this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/971384-confess-to-analyse-learn-from-your-binge-here?page=1#posts-14854710 - now I hope I can put them behind me.
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    April 27

Me: 20

Binge: 7

This week has been amazing and I'm really hoping to finish out the month this strong!!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,508 Member
    Me - 20
    Binge - 7

Working this weekend, which keeps me away from the kitchen. Still over ate yesterday, but did not binge out.

Hope everyone gets thru the weekend unscathed!
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    April 27

Me: 25

Binge: 3

Self-pity binge.
  • angelaengbrecht
    angelaengbrecht Posts: 55 Member
    The Binge: 10

I hate myself so much right now. I know that's not healthy, but that's where I'm at.

I spent the entire morning cleaning my house, and when I finally found time to eat I was ravenous. The problem is, even once I became full, I couldn't stop. I was supposed to run 15K today, a goal that was personally important to me, but I ate too much, and now I am in so much pain and I can't run. I tried, and I only completed 1.8K before all that food sloshing around in there became too much.

This is my fourth binge this week, which is a personal low for me, at least within the last several months.

How am I ever going to meet my goals if I keep letting food rule my life? How can I be so strong in certain ways and so weak in others? I feel so broken right now. What's wrong with me?