Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Restarted Stage 3 yesterday. I'm sore! It's a good sore though. Tonight will be a run of some sort.
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    LB2LL - way to go! haha I love the good sore feeling

Speaking of I am feeling it today! I have pretty much been sore since Sunday and I'm loving it! Tonight is: squats, deadlifts, lat pull down, bench (i now do these on an exercise ball...it's so much harder!), and battle ropes!

Also I am getting a mini workout at work today since I am reorganzing my office and moving furniture!

Beeps - I think you are our expert whether you choose that title or not!
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    hey everyone!

I did workout 4B2 today. I had scheduled a sprint workout, but I wanted to get in 2 NROL4W workouts this week and today was the day, since I am going out of town tomorrow through Sunday. Tomorrow will be another rest day and I will run on Saturday.

I lost weight again this am...I am psyched this is going so well. Thanks all for your support! Date night tonight...going to avoid alcohol since I will be drinking at work functions the next two nights.

emgel...I SO need my office reorganized! I work from home and my home office is a jumble of work files, personal files and books and piles and piles of things that get dumped in here every time we entertain. The lifting with your husband sounds AWESOME!

lb2ll...glad you are back on track AND glad you are sore! Enjoy your run tonight.

eve...as manic said, go to the stage __ thread to post questions. rather than paging through the questions, can you just do a search? I have never tried it inside this thread, but it works generally.

cowgirl...great job on pushing yourself in the workout. I think it was likely your caloric deficit from the day before. You spent all your energy on the workout!

beeps...that workout looks tough!!

LJane...that is interesting that your husband avoids the free weights! Keep working on him!

Breeze - congrats on getting started. I also do a lot of cross-training with my NROL4W
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Certainly doesn't take long...second week and clothes are looser, tummy is flatter and the soreness is fading but training again tomorrow..I have been super disciplined in the kitchen as well.

Actually think I'm looking forward to tomorrow's workout!

Walked for a solid hours and a nice pace with the dog around a lovely pond with a boardwalk...beautiful day and that is such a joy.

Met my deadlines....relaxing for the next day or two then traveling to the island where I grew up on the weekend all goes well..very excited :)
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Eek, I'm no expert on lifting, ladies! I'm a newbie....I really am. I just research A LOT and I review as much data as I can to come to the conclusions that work FOR ME.

You are our "THE WOMAN'. :laugh:
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feedback ladies.
    i remember asking something in stage 1 topic and since i was at a bottom of an old page/whatever reasons someone (being well reasonable to say) suggested to post a new topic for my question (whatever it was, cannae remember) saying 'experts' probably do not anymore hang around in stage 1 topic... make sense really....
    anyhoos...

id like to ask YOU nrol4w ladies especially (not the 'general' group):
    do you use coconut oil or do you have any thoughts on it?
    im following the 40/30/30 macro business and since im using 'light' of everything im pretty much _never_ over my fat limits... which is good in one hand, but... but i heard coconut oil regardless being super high kcal and fat wise, supposedly good for fat loss, because it has 'good, fat burning fats' instead of 'bad/saturated/etc' fats.
    any personal opinions etc?

and beeps: yes youre the ma'am here, the dame im actually 'scared of' with all due respect ;)
    saaaafe
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    eve - I have coconut oil. I bought some after reading about all the good benefits and what not. I like it fine. I use it a lot for curries and stir fries but I still use my olive oil for pretty much everything else. Some people will also tout the benefits of avocado oil - just use what you like. Coconut oil is high calorie but prob has some health benefits (my husband puts it in his smoothies...blech)

No food is magical (except for avocados which are magically delicious) and coconut oil is better than using canola oil (probably).

Not a helpful response? haha
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,971 Member
    Options
    [blushes...]

You ladies are ri-DONK-ulous! I'm the queen of the "skinny fat" world and, so far, it has taken me MORE than 18 months and I'm STILL NO JILLIAN MICHAELS!

....believe me, at best, I'm the blind leading the blind....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hey, there isn't a QOTD, so I'll get one going:

When is the last time you yelled at your kids??

Me: today. Loudly. Right before my son's SPRING CONCERT. Ugh.

Also, I'm the queen of BAD PARENTING 101.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    QOTD: yesterday. My youngest one (8 female) must have the last word and is pretty bad with smarting off. So, what did i do? yelled. :ohwell:

Lifted again. 1B

I felt the herniated disc twinge here and there especially deadlifts and lunges even though I KNOW I was doing them correctly. Taking it slow. I deadlifted 65 pounds. I wonder if I'll ever be able to get up to 120 or 125 like I did at the end of the program last year. :cry:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    QOTD: I yelled at my 20 month old as she was dipping her head to get a drink from the horses' tank this evening. I swear I can't blink without her doing something crazy! She is payback for all the bad things I did when I was little.

Mary, slow and easy.... Keeping all those muscles strong around your spine is the best thing you can do! I hope it doesn't bother you any more.
    Coconut oil: I know it's a really healthy fat... I personally don't take it. Between all the bad fat I eat and the olive oil I try to get, I rarely am low on fat:) I take a CLA supplement for health benefits as well as a few studies that have indicated it is helpful at reducing BF%. That's the only supplement I take and I usually forget, lol.
  • evedroid
    Options
    qotd: yesterday (mind that its only 8am where im at and weve just woken up), my daughter is 17months but practicing her terrible-twos already, her tantrums are awful!

emgel: no magic?! i no need it then! :P thanks though :) i think i rather stick with the £4 olive oil instead of the £12 coconut oil then. for now anyway.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    QOTD - let's NOT have a bad parenting contest...I think I'd win. There is some of my parents behaviour I've been able to weed out (spanking), but the yelling is just too ingrained. if you asked my kids when I last yelled, they would tell you the more interesting question is when I last DIDN'T yell.

I am off for a few days in Chicago. I hate when work takes me away for more than a day and a half and I REALLY hate it when it cuts into my weekend. Today will be a rest day and tomorrow will be a long run day (hopefully it will not be too late a night tonight!

Em - I thought of you last night when I saw the avocados on my salad...magically delicious.

Eve - I have no opinion on coconut oil, except to agree with emgel that I doubt there are magical benefits. If you rarely hit your fat target, maybe you should eat fewer "light" items. I find that fat helps keep me satiated.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Chubby - That's crazy! I would have had a heart attack if I saw my child (theoretical) doing that.

Eve - I have heard similar things about coconut oil. It's really popular especially with those following the paleo diet. I've considered buying it each week I pass by it at Trader Joes but I never do. One of these days I might but for now I will stick with my EVOO.

Morning!

I got in a nice 6 (plus some change) miler last night. It felt great and the weather was really nice which is a plus. Tonight I will continue Stage 3. I think the running helped get rid of some of the soreness from Wednesday. However, since I haven't run for at least a week or more that brought in a whole different level of soreness.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Got my lifting in and there was not ONE "lower-body" workout in it....VERY ODD! Now, I warmed up with TRX curtsy lunges, reverse lunges, and OH squats, but STILL....so, my left shoulder is pretty twinge-y (as in "SORE"), so it's a good thing I'm not lifting again until Monday.

Bet you dollars-to-donuts that Monday is ALL "lower-body" work. Yikes....those WEAR ME OUT LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS!

All my work-outs, for the last 20 months, have always used "compound lifts", so I don't do any "split days"....all weight-training days incorporate a blend of upper-lower body work. So, yep, it felt WEIRD that there wasn't a squat, deadlift, lunge, NOTHING for today!
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Pretty happy...I just finished my 6th workout so 2 weeks in...getting the hang of it...upped my weight.

Walked for an hour..did a bit of treadmill also

And ate exactly great.

I can feel the difference..I feel better..firmer...energetic

I've missed that :)

Cheers
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Stage 6 tomorrow. Any tips, especially for the reverse chin up? I am going to have to scout out the areas cuz I sure don't remember seeing a chin up bar anywhere.

This week I just did "stuff", squats, deadlifts, barbell rows, a bunch of core and abs and leg extensions and press and NOT ONE PLANK! LOL

Work is rather insane right now and the lead attorney on a particularly contentious case is going away on vacation for 2 weeks. I have lots of monitoring to do, both of our opponents and our co-counsel. I'm the lead paralegal, managing a database of millions of pages. It's very interesting, but yikes it's stressful right now! Glad I get to lift tomorrow. There's something really calming about being focused only on this bunch of weight in front of me.

Beeps, you might not think your the resident expert but I have to say that I always look to your experience! I read, and research and then ask and listen to what your take is before I make a decision. So quit blushing and put the tiara on will ya?

Mary, please take it nice and slow. That disc needs time to heal! You can still get a good workout and get strong again!

QOTD - never, as I never had children. That was my HigherPower watching out, cuz at the time, I was in a highly abusive marriage, drinkikng way way too much and would have been a terrible mom. My step kids were grown ups by the time I came into the picture, and my first grandson was born the year Mike & I started dating seriously.

My middle sister swears by coconut oils, says it's good for absolutely everything from cooking to moisturizing to conditioning hair, laundry etc. I say good for you, I'll stick with my olive oil.

Sorry I have been absent, I really enjoy our conversations and miss them when it's busy like it is right now. Hope you all have a rockin' weekend!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA oh what a comedy show! I cannot hold myself up to do the reverse chin up. What I finally ended up doing was using the assisted pullup machine, and take off a bunch of assist weight (I think I went to 95). I can't pull it back up but at least I can hold and lower.

That said, I have a new PR for my inverted lat pulldown - 100# yea!! I started split squats at 45 but I'll go up next time though I have to say I do feel them tonight in my quads, and my glutes!

I'm starting my new schedule next week. I'm going to lift Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, and spin on Tuesday and maybe Thursday, and Saturdays.

How's your weekend everyone!?
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Just got back from Chicago. Sooo good to be home! I walked a ton, but ate junk all weekend. Hoping to get back at it tomorrow.

QOTD: I yelled last night. Hotel room and all. Nice.
  • evedroid
    Options
    just booked my laser eye surgery consultation for the 20th of may. super nervous already! part of me thinks theyll turn me down due to not being suitable (phew!) but the other part of me just want to be able to see finally for both eyes, ditch these damn glasses and getting over with it already.
    nerve racking!!!