I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Damnit... I just typed up a response to the last post and it was lost because you rolled. Grrrrr..... I take back my :heart:
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I screwed up your 2 millionth post like that. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me :flowerforyou:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm not really single. I just come in to follow some of my favorite friends around.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    This would be a much more valid point if we weren't discussing team sports. The equipment may be a constant, but those on the court or field with you are not, and whether this has an impact on teamwork is something yet to be seen. That is my concern with the issue... will the 'team' be able to overcome one individual standing up and saying "I'm different than you thought"?

Deep thoughts from a shallow pool of chocolate sauce.
    < continued at this topic >

His team treated him one way yesterday, I would hope they don't change that today. But, do you really think they didn't know? As long as he is contributing to the team, that is what matters.

I was in the Army before the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell". There were a good number of homosexuals serving along side me. We all knew it, but didn't say a word. They were soldiers first and foremost and more importantly they were our teammates. The people that got harrassed were those that didn't contribute to the team (gay or straight). With the repeal, do you really think it changed things? No, it didn't. The only thing that changed was they were able to say "I am gay" and not get kicked out. They are still treated as soldiers, still a part of the team. And, that's all that should matter.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    I confess I'm not really single. I just come in to follow some of my favorite friends around.

And, I :heart: you too. :)
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    I'm sorry I screwed up your 2 millionth post like that. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me :flowerforyou:

Bwahahahaha!!! With an apology like that, how can I say no? :drinker:
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    I confess I have nothing to say but I want to roll a post.

I confess that I have been watching this post all day because I wanted to do the same. Darnit!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I wanted to roll it:sad: :sad: .

I confess I joined two dating sites over the weekend and I totally forgot what it was like to be "fresh meat". I had so many message and winks that I had to turn my phone off. However, I did go one a very promising first date:blushing: .
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

I confess I joined two dating sites over the weekend and I totally forgot what it was like to be "fresh meat". I had so many message and winks that I had to turn my phone off. However, I did go one a very promising first date:blushing: .

Go momma!! :)
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    ... can I confess that I didn't want to roll it?

Run - that's the test of this, isn't it? If it was really a non-issue, it wouldn't be making news. Who was it earlier this year that said that homosexuals would not be tolerated in the locker rooms? It's not a given... a hope, but not a given.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

Run - that's the test of this, isn't it? If it was really a non-issue, it wouldn't be making news. Who was it earlier this year that said that homosexuals would not be tolerated in the locker rooms? It's not a given... a hope, but not a given.

One of the guys on the 49ers...one guy. That's the thing, there are always going to be people that are closeminded about whatever topic is brought up. The exception is not the rule.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

wow, you have wasted no time at all! :drinker:
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

I was afraid I would go running back- like I always to do... I thought I'd see what was out there. I was chatting with someone on Saturday and he asked if I was free.:drinker:
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options

I was afraid I would go running back- like I always to do... I thought I'd see what was out there. I was chatting with someone on Saturday and he asked if I was free.:drinker:

You go, girl. Don't know if I could get back out there that quick. :drinker:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Roadie, how do you mean it's not good news for sports?
    I didn't say it would be bad, I just said I don't necessarily think it will be good... I don't really see a way it will help sports, it doesn't really add anything to the game.

I agree. I think it's a huge win for the gay communities, but being gay doesnt give you an athletic advantage.

The football doesnt know or care what you do with your genitals. The basketball doesn't care if you are married to a man or woman. Sports can spotlight ANYONE's natural abilities. The homosexual communities can be excited that they can be openly gay AND have their skills spotlighted - but the field and the equipment are going to work the same way.

Sports don't care. People care.

This as well....

This would be a much more valid point if we weren't discussing team sports. The equipment may be a constant, but those on the court or field with you are not, and whether this has an impact on teamwork is something yet to be seen. That is my concern with the issue... will the 'team' be able to overcome one individual standing up and saying "I'm different than you thought"?

Deep thoughts from a shallow pool of chocolate sauce.

Meh... I feel that people in professional sports understand that it is a job and that their particular job requires strenuous hard work, unfailing dedication and a long history of proving your skills. Perhaps in a more amateur setting it might be a bit petty, but these men and women having different sexual lives than their teammates have kept up with the above requirements for long enough that coming out of the closet wont automatically make any of the other athletes think to themselves... "All that hard work and dedication and history of awesome skills are now no longer legitimate because you kiss boys".

I believe that members of professional sports teams know what is really important and especially since current teams are usually 40 and under with the majority of players between 22 and 32 - that represents a demographic of some of the most tolerant people in America - a newer generation that doesnt buy into all that ridiculous cafuffle that you can get aids from hugging someone, that all gay men want to hook up with all the straight boys they can get their hands on, or that being different makes you a special needs case. It's a generation that believes in bettering themselves and not caring about what other people are doing.

Now, if there are any homophobes on a team with any newly uncloseted gay people - that's THEIR problem. If Joe isnt professional enough to be able to concentrate on getting the ball to Bob at the right moment because he is so distracted by thoughts of Harry getting it on last night with his man - then Joe is going to lose his job, not Harry.

homophobes are just terrified that gay men will treat them the way they always treat their own women. homophobes are notorious for treating women like crap.
  • Argentino
    Argentino Posts: 52
    Options

One of the guys on the 49ers...one guy. That's the thing, there are always going to be people that are closeminded about whatever topic is brought up. The exception is not the rule.

The exception isn't the rule.... so just because one disagrees with another person's lifestyle doesn't mean that they are automatically close minded.
    The NBA has no ban on gay players and no one, as of yet, is attacking his ability to be a part of a team as a gay player. Yet, they may disagree with the lifestyle. People are allowed to disagree and it not be considered hate or closemindedness.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

The exception isn't the rule.... so just because one disagrees with another person's lifestyle doesn't mean that they are automatically close minded.
    The NBA has no ban on gay players and no one, as of yet, is attacking his ability to be a part of a team as a gay player. Yet, they may disagree with the lifestyle. People are allowed to disagree and it not be considered hate or closemindedness.

I think it is. Why would you hate someone for their sexuality? Hate someone because they're rude, or not nice, or a murderer or rapist. Not because they live their life different than you

There are many single peeps that choose to date differently than me, and while I might not agree with it, I try to be considerate.

That ESPN anchor that spoke yesterday is incredibly hateful.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

I think it is. Why would you hate someone for their sexuality? Hate someone because they're rude, or not nice, or a murderer or rapist. Not because they live their life different than you.

I agree, difference in opinion is tearing our country apart, it's horrible!!
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

Closeminded was probably a poor choice of words. I do agree that we should all be able to have a difference of opinions without it being labeled as something bad or hateful. We all have the freedom of speech, and it should be used. But, there should be tact. Bashing another person because they are "different" is not the answer. And, those who bash are the exception.

All I'm saying is play the game. If it doesn't affect your performance, I don't care about what you do after.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

I think it is. Why would you hate someone for their sexuality? Hate someone because they're rude, or not nice, or a murderer or rapist. Not because they live their life different than you

There are many single peeps that choose to date differently than me, and while I might not agree with it, I try to be considerate.

America has freedom of religion. Much of organized religion explains homosexuality as an aberration that MUST be hated, hated as though it would harm your physical body. Not encouraging this hatred is allowing yourself to be open to this kind of evil.

America also does it's best to eliminate unfair discrimination in the workplace and in school.

This means, if your religion mandates that you hate certain people, America mandates that you keep it to yourself at work and school.

What you hate on while drinking beer in your backyard with your friends is still unregulated.