Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• johnlatte
    johnlatte Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Can't get past Week 6 day 3. I'm not able to do the 25 minutes straight. I can do two 10 minute's with a walk break in between (Week 6 Day 2), but cant get to the 25 minute make. Any tips on how to break through?
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    W3-D1 down!

I was a little nervous of the jump up today but it went really well and I even ran for an additional 90 seconds.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Can't get past Week 6 day 3. I'm not able to do the 25 minutes straight. I can do two 10 minute's with a walk break in between (Week 6 Day 2), but cant get to the 25 minute make. Any tips on how to break through?

Besides slowing down?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    W2 D2 done, in danger of tmi I really needed a wee though...lol
    x

One of the "Mother Runner" bucket list items is squatting in nature. I checked that one off two weeks ago :)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    That moment when you can increase your speed to a continuous 5+ mph even if it's on the treadmill [bridged C25K to C210K]
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yay you! Success!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I finished wk4d2 yesterday, but it was pretty rough. I run on an inside track, and I can't imagine doing this outside in our summer heat! The running store near my workplace has a free c25k running club they are starting next month, and I thinking of joining. Even though I'll be almost finished by then, I figure making the switch from indoor to outdoor running will be significantly harder, so it might be worth it to start over with them.

I'd do it. Sounds fun, and the transition can be hard.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is my first go at C25K so today was week 1 day 1.
    I have done running before normally on a treadmill at the gym, but I have done outside running before years ago.
    I want to take part in a 5K in the autumn, but need to find a local one.
    I actually ended up doing a longer distance - there's a road that's a mile long by my house so I did the workout and was at the far end of the road so walked the rest of the way back, so it ended up at about 40 minutes.
    Is that ok! I mean I'm doing the workout (I've got an app on my iPhone that tells me when to walk and run) so the rest is just extra walking.

I've done that. I don't think it is a big deal.
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Managed to do week 7, day 2 yesterday :bigsmile: The last 5 mins werre bloody hard, really had to dig deep but felt amazing when I finished!!!!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W2D2 done and I confess I struggled a bit with the penultimate run of the day (though the last one was ok!) but I don't think I helped myself by going out straight from work and not having eaten since a salad at lunch - must pack a snack to eat on my way home if I'm going to run in the evening before I have dinner!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Managed to do week 7, day 2 yesterday :bigsmile: The last 5 mins werre bloody hard, really had to dig deep but felt amazing when I finished!!!!

Week 7 can be a challenge. Week 8 rocks though.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Sup everyone...4 miler again today. Going to take it super slow, my foot is still healing technically lol. Saturday is a 6 miler, so going to have to do walk breaks for that one, but still going to get it done. Haven't decided where to run at yet, maybe the Greenline...we will see.

Anyway, good job to everyone who hit goal, and to those who didn't...good job anyway. You conquered the hard part: getting out there and trying and not quiting. And for that you should be damn proud of yourself.

Happy running!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Redid D2W2 today since there was such a gap between starting over a week ago. I went outside this time. New sneakers are nice, the shins bothered me a bit, but the weather wasn't helping either. I'm thinking tomorrow I may go try it back on the treadmill. Had a massage today and she gave some extra attention to the shins.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D1 tonight... wasn't I suprised when the 2nd run segment started and my phone read "run 2 of 4". When I started, I was thinking it was 5-4-5, as week 4 was 4-6-4. It was actually 5-4-5-4! That last 4 minutes was a bit of a struggle in the glutes, but I did it. I was pretty proud to run for 18 minutes (with 2 minute breaks in between)!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Finally did w6d1 today. Went well considering how long it's taken me to get back to it.
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    It's my graduation week and I feel like everything is against me. We have been having wicked storms every night, and I have had lots of distractions. My car choked up and died after driving through water that was too deep and tonight we found out my DH's missing wallet is actually theft and we have had to freeze everything. I am hoping I can get a run in on Friday and fingers crossed it will be a good one.
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 3 for us last night. My running buddy doesn't feel ready to start week 5 on Monday so i've said we will do another few days at week 4 to let her gain some confidence. Physically I believe she's ready for week 5 but mentally I think it's a step too far for her.
  • Edimew
    Edimew Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.I'm so glad someones made this all in one thread.Wish I'd noticed earlier.

Just finished week 6, Its not easy but I've done it and I'm really proud of myself

I've also noticed that I'm walking faster in general and my morning walk to work doesn't take as long.

I'm off on holiday next week so not quite sure what to do.

1. Stick to the programme in Tuscany (unlikely but not impossible)
    2. Substitute swimming for jogging
    3.Leave it and pick up where I left off when I get back
    4.Leave it and drop back a couple of weeks when I get back
    5.. Start again but at higher speeds (this is what I'm planning to do after I finished anyway)

Decisions to decisions , the great thing is that I really care.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I did W4D2. It was harder than D1, but I pushed on through. I actually managed to speed up quite a bit from D1 which no doubt contributed to the hardness!!!

As a reward I slowed down by 0.1mph every minute on the last 5minute run - it felt awesome!

I feel like I'm really getting the hang of running. No idea how I'll manage next week, but I feel like my body is definitely up to the challenge, now time to get my head involved.

Today for the first time my abs hurt, so I think I must be doing something right if my core is getting involved in this runing malarky too!!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    It's my graduation week and I feel like everything is against me. We have been having wicked storms every night, and I have had lots of distractions. My car choked up and died after driving through water that was too deep and tonight we found out my DH's missing wallet is actually theft and we have had to freeze everything. I am hoping I can get a run in on Friday and fingers crossed it will be a good one.

I'm sorry things are crazy for you right now! Hope it gets better.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Finally did w6d1 today. Went well considering how long it's taken me to get back to it.

I did W6D1 today also! It was harder than I thought it should have been, but that's probably because I only got 4 hours of sleep last night!

I'm feeling better about my breathing while I'm running, if I could just get my nose to stop running!