Options

Replies

• wbfd22
    wbfd22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    only 3 workouts left of stage one! I finished A7 today.

Current stats:

Squats: 130lbs
    Seated Row: 85 pounds
    Push-ups : 15 (nose to ground)
    Step-ups: 6 risers 25# x 2
    prone jackkinfe : LEGS STRAIGHT x7 and 8 more regular. holy balls they were hard!

took me a little longer to finish the workout. I needed more rest between sets. today was a killer.

Happy lifting everyone!
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow, chuckles, that's amazing!

wbfd, I hope you feel better soon. I think baseball is so prone to that kind of injury because you're so often going stop-fullout-stop, you know?

I'm on workout B of the second half (first WO). How much longer do you find the workout takes per session, when you add the extra repeats in the second half vs the first?

Also: if you're upping the ante on step-ups, do you do weight or height of the riser first? I'm at 30 on a high step-class step, but wondering if I should go back down to 25 and go higher? I don't know if I can grip much more, frankly.
  • chuckles9189
    Options
    My workout yesterday took about 50 minutes. I was feeling a little sluggish so a lot of it was me telling myself to do the next set (especially with those damn step ups!!!)

For step-ups I like upping the steps and now I'm at 5risers+ a step so that the top of my thigh is parallel to the ground when I put my foot up. I also do 25# in each hand and sometimes I feel like my hands are getting more of a workout trying to grip the dumbbell than my legs! My gym goes up in 5# increments with dumbbells. I think for the last few workouts I'm going to try with a barbell! see how it goes...
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Did stage 1 B3 last night. I did find out the gym does have a section of barbells that go up in 2.5 lb increments and that made me happy.
    Deadlift: 95lbs/12 95lbs/12
    overhead dumbell press 40 lbs/12 45 lbs/12
    lat pull down 75 lbs/12 75 lbs/12
    lunges 50/12 50/12
    swiss ball crunch 25lbs/10 25 lbs/10

The lunges were really hard and I did have to stop a few times. I agree with everyone that it is hard to hold the dumbells (wrist strength). I think next time I will use a bar and see if I can increase the weight better that way. I still can't increase the lat pull down yet and that is disappointing to me. I was happy with my deadlift weight increase.
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Just completed S1A1 and I must say it wasn't TOO bad, but I HATED the step ups! I think I picked fairly decent weights and I finished in about 30 minutes, that was great! I have never hankered down in the weightlifting department though so I am excited to finally follow a program that is simple enough that I don't feel overwhelmed or defeated before I get to the gym.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Workout No. 4 today. Very excited!
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Oh, y'all. The pizza and I just got real.
  • chuckles9189
    Options
    Today is my last workout of stage one!!!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Back on it after a forced week off and I have only one thing to say, JELLY LEGS!
  • runzalot81
    Options
    I was gonna run today but I have an achy shoulder/neck :embarassed: Anybody else get this? What do you do?
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like the dynamic stretching techniques described here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/donald1.htm

I found they really helped me when I was sore.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Thank you, pearlmullet! I will check that out.
  • hunt80
    hunt80 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I just started stage 1 and I am on workout B2 on Monday
    For workout A seated shoulder rows, I did them at the gym today and than I realized there are a couple different attachments to use.
    Does it make a difference which one is used? I am not even sure what they are all called, they had a bar, a curvy bar thingy , a triangular looking thing and something else.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Just finished B3. Was gonna do a 2 mile run but golly...
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Did stage 1 B3 last night. I did find out the gym does have a section of barbells that go up in 2.5 lb increments and that made me happy.
    Deadlift: 95lbs/12 95lbs/12
    overhead dumbell press 40 lbs/12 45 lbs/12
    lat pull down 75 lbs/12 75 lbs/12
    lunges 50/12 50/12
    swiss ball crunch 25lbs/10 25 lbs/10

The lunges were really hard and I did have to stop a few times. I agree with everyone that it is hard to hold the dumbells (wrist strength). I think next time I will use a bar and see if I can increase the weight better that way. I still can't increase the lat pull down yet and that is disappointing to me. I was happy with my deadlift weight increase.

Your numbers are super impressive! I can only manage 20 lbs (2 10 lb dumbbells) for lunges and they are HARD! Killer deadlift numbers too. I think I need to push myself harder and work on form there. You should be really proud of yourself!
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I just started stage 1 and I am on workout B2 on Monday
    For workout A seated shoulder rows, I did them at the gym today and than I realized there are a couple different attachments to use.
    Does it make a difference which one is used? I am not even sure what they are all called, they had a bar, a curvy bar thingy , a triangular looking thing and something else.

Use the small triangle with your grip close together, I sometimes use the rope as well.
  • lizaiza79
    lizaiza79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just did 1A3. Got it in today, by 10 minutes!

Squats: 12/115lbs x 2
    Seated Row: 12 reps with 20lb dumbbells in each hand x 2
    Push-ups : 12 at 2" from ground the 6 at 2" from ground and then 6 on my knees like a girl!
    Step-ups: 12 at 40lbs x 2 sets (18" step)
    prone jackknife : 10x2

Night ya'll!
  • emibrus1
    emibrus1 Posts: 59
    Options
    You guys are impressive! Almost done with Stage 1...I lengthened it into 8 weeks instead of 6 though. Evaluations are next week -sweatdrop-

My last stats
    Workout A
    Squats - 3 sets of 8 @ 125 lbs
    Push-ups - 3 sets of 15 @ body weight
    Seated Row - 3 sets of 8 @ 100 lbs
    Step ups - 3 sets of 8 @ 70 lbs
    I traded jackknifes for 20 degree decline sit ups - 3 sets of 10 @ 10 lbs

Workout B
    Deadlifts - 3 sets of 8 @ 105 lbs
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 3 sets of 8 @ 40 lbs
    Lateral Pulldown - 3 sets of 8 @ 70 lbs
    20 degree decline sit ups - 3 sets of 10 @ 10 lbs

Hate the deadlifts...my grip is pretty weak so I struggle with them!
  • eponine1976
    eponine1976 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm curious how many of you have done heavy strength training before NROL4W. The numbers I see you ladies STARTING stage 1 with are heavier than I will probably be at when I FINISH stage 1. My next workout is 4B and I'm pushing myself as hard as I can and barely finishing my sets and causing myself all sorts of horrible DOMS and yet my weights are nowhere close to what I'm seeing here. The first day of lunges I could only do 5 each leg with only my body weight. I'm now up to 10 with just body weight and to me that is huge. Overhead presses I had to start with 5 lb dumbbells and last time I did overhead presses I tried 15 lbs but could only do 7 so I had to drop back to 10 lb dumbbells. So I'm honestly trying but my numbers are terrible compared to everyone else. I knew I was a weakling starting out but apparently I'm even weaker compared to most people than I thought.