2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Alright, we're down to 2 WEEKS LEFT IN JUNE. So, my "Just Get it Done in June/July" takes on even MORE INTENSE meaning!

1. stay < 8,500 calories for the week.
    2. no late-night-snacking
    3. try and fit in some more cardio
    4. get more sleep
    5. pull that tape measure out and start tracking natural waist

I have my LAST month-end-progress photos at end-of-June - for the LAST "challenge" I intend on being in for awhile.

I'd really LIKE to be <142 lbs by end of June....but, the weight just is NOT moving off my body, despite my calories being VERY low. Bummer. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. At this point, if I'm <144 it will be a "win"....but will make it SO MUCH HARDER to get <140 by end of July.

Boo.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    ramalem--you look gorgeous in your dress!!! I agree with others that they can probably sew in a little padding up top if you need it. I can't remember the exact timeline of my fittings, but I know they did a couple, and the last ones were like two weeks and then a week before the wedding. So as long as you have a few that are closer to the big day, I wouldn't worry too much if you lose a little more weight before the big day, they'll make it work!

Chloe--love the bump! It's funny how certain outfits accentuate it more than others, it's definitely a lot more obvious now than in the dress you were wearing in your last profile pic.

Amy--I'm a vegetarian. I think I would lose it if I found a vein in my meal! But I have a pretty low tolerance for that kind of stuff, which is why I became a vegetarian in the first place (eating other parts of the animal's body don't really sound much more appetizing than the veins). For protein, I have a protein shake mixed with skim milk pretty much every morning, and I try to eat a lot of Greek yogurt, beans, and eggs/egg whites. I also eat fish sometimes when I'm feeling adventurous, so I guess I'm technically a pescatarian.

zobo--Welcome!

Kate--great NSV, glad to hear that all of your Crossfit is paying off!

Beeps--great goals! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Those last few pounds are always the hardest.

I had a pretty good weekend. With the exception of Friday night, I logged everything and was a little under my goal calories (which was my plan to try to balance out the prior weekend's indulgences). On Friday I didn't log dinner, but I left plenty of calories for it so I was probably pretty close to or under my goal. I got in a nice long swim on Friday and a decent run on Saturday, though I mixed in some walking because of the heat. I'm going to do weights tonight, and then I have plans to meet up with people to walk and/or run for the next three days, so that should keep me on track for exercise this week. I do have a few meals out, which always mean more calories compared to the meals I would make for myself, but I should be able to work in those calories.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

I had an OK weekend, but still overdid it on the drinking. I don't anticipate this weekend being much better as I'll be visiting my childhood best friend in San Fran this upcoming weekend. I did try and watch what I ate, which seemed to have paid off as the scale was down about a pound this morning, and I sure hope it sticks. I haven't seen below 145 in almost 3 years!

Welcome Zobo!

Beeps, you'll get there! I hate to say it, but I had been at 145 the last 3 weeks when I was netting below 1,300 cals a day and now that I upped it to 1,400 I lost. I'll be interested to see if it keeps paying off in the long run, not sure it's entirely sustainable, but hey at least I'm not being super b**chy to everyone around me!

Amy - so gross about the vein, but yes I suppose it comes with the territory. I don't think I could ever become a full on vegetarian, but I try REALLY hard to at least have one day (or most of it) vegetarian and another I'll eat fish. I've cut down significantly on red meat, but man sometimes a steak or carne asada tacos sound WAY too good to pass up.

Last two weeks of June, that happened quick huh? My goals are:

1. Get to the halfway point of stage one of NROL4W and then switching next week to stage 6
    2. Keep my cals in check today-Thursday so I can enjoy my weekend
    3. Keep up with the AM dog walking
    4. Break in my new running shoes!

Have a great Monday gals.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Lots to catch up on!

Kate- I admire you CrossFit dedication! That is something I would love to try, but there aren't any gyms close enough to me that would actually make me go. If they do open one though, I would definitely try it out!

Beeps- oh how I miss being in the 140s :grumble: 8500 cals seems rough, but you know your body the best and if thats what is gonna get you to your goal then go for it!

Ris- yes I agree different outfits make the bump look bigger, I don't think there is any hiding it anymore though. And actually the dress pick was about 3 weeks before the current pic and I think I have grown alot in the last few weeks.

Ram- have fun on your trip! and good luck on dropping below 145!!

Amy- that's gross, but I still could never be a vegetarian. I don't eat too much red meat, mostly chicken and fish though.

I had an ok weekend. Last week I walked 6 out of 7 days, did Jillian DVD 2 times (goal was 4 DVD workouts), stayed about 80 cals under weekly goal. So overall I feel pretty good about my week. And since I said I was going to start walking weekday mornings 3 miles 3 weeks ago....I have only skipped one day so far! And that was because it was storming, so technically not my fault :wink:

I am just going to keep my goals the same for the next 2 weeks. I firmly believe that these morning walks are making my pregnancy so much easier and I am really enjoying them, so I plan to keep that up as long as possible. And the calorie goal seems to be working great for me right now, so I will leave that where it is.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Ram- love the dress! You are going to be a beautiful bride.

Ris- great job balancing everything! I need to do better at balancing when I eat extra one day. Try but it never seems to work out.

Beeps - you have already done AMAZING! You look fabulous. If you keep at it, you WILL get here. I thought you were going to try to maintain in June?

Kate- you are rockin crossfit!

I think I hate running. I just DON 'T want to do it. I have just always wanted to say I ran a 5k. Actually, I wanted to do it in 30 minutes and since there is NO way I am going to do that, I don't want to do it all. But, I will.

2 Week Challenge
    1. Run 3 times
    2. 3 days strength
    3. Two 18 hour fasts
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I'm back! Too much to respond to, but I quickly read through it all. Great dress, cute bumps, and great dedication! I indulged for sure at Bonnaroo. Drank all day. Ate (in no particular order): pizza, greasy stri fry, arepas, donuts, funyons, pringles, cheezits, oatmeal cream pie, corn dog, bloomin onion, blueberry pancakes..... I think that's all the crap I had. It was yummy. Walk from camp to Centeroo (where stages are) was about 45 minutes round trip, and we did that twice a day, plus walking around the festival and dancing. Even though I ate crap, I didn't eat a ton of it. Pretty much had 2 meals a day and snacks. And beer and vodka of course. I don't feel like I gained weight. I'll check in Thursday. Great times though. Macklemore was amazing. Best show, which I was surprised by. Mumford and Sons canceled which was a total bummer. Was replaced by Jack Johnson who we didn't even see.

So I'm going to take my time to get everything organized and back in order. My parents are in town till tomorrow, my kid is starting a new day care Monday, and I have a ton of laundry and cleaning to do. Not to mention dinner plans Friday, family party Saturday, and running and post wine drinking Saturday morning. I hope to begin the Wet Wolf program next week. I have lots going on weekends the next 4 weekeneds, so I'm going to try to do my best but not beat myself up either.

I am glad to be back though and glad to catch up with my ladies. :smile:
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Ramalem - gorgeous dress, you look fabulous

Chloe - lovin the baby bump, glad the walks are going well

Kate - I am so impressed that you do crossfit, it looks really hard

Beeps - good luck with wrapping up your final "challenge"

zobo - welcome!

kc - I also hate running, but I'm glad that I at least tried it and was able to run a few 5K's - I don't do it anymore due to extreme lower back pain though

Better - glad you had a good time at Bonnaroo, good luck getting back into the swing of things

I also have some making up to do for overindulging over the weekend. I am more than half way through my Les Mills Pump DVD's and I am getting some noticeable results which is nice. My arms & legs are definitely showing some definition & I feel stronger so that is good.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi all!

Goals all look very good - seems like the weekend was pretty good for most of you.

Better - sounds like you had a B-L-A-S-T....I agree that it's a total bummer that M + Sons "cancelled". Boo.

I tried to fast from 12:30 pm yesterday (after ingesting my protein shake) until 12:30 pm today. I made it until 7:06 pm last night, lol.

Soooooooooooooooo, lunch-to-lunch fasts aren't going to be my "go to" trick, that's for sure. I ended up "breaking even" on my calories yesterday. Disappointing.

Today, I have to navigate a lunch engagement (fine, chicken ceasar with dressing on the side - that's ok!) and a supper engagement (will try a side salad and perhaps a scallop appy as my main).
  • zobo73
    zobo73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kclynch oh I love running, not great at it but just ace to get out for a run and loose your self. I have a back injury at moment, slipped L 5 disk so no running for me, but hope to be back with it soon.

Well I have just come back from sliming world and lost 1lb this week, good as I normally weigh in the morning. Strange for me at the moment as I am split between the two MFP and slimming world.

2 weeks challenge so far so good! Although like beeps not as under my calories for today as would have hoped.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Kelly--Ha ha yeah running's not for everyone. But I think you have the right idea about making your goal to just finish the 5k, and don't worry about your time. My most enjoyable races have generally been the ones where I didn't really care about the time and I just embraced the whole experience of it all (it's kind of cool having a bunch of people cheering for you while you work out). It's definitely a rush to achieve a certain time goal, but if your heart's not in it then there's no reason to set yourself up to be disappointed--you'll still get a rush from finishing.

Ashley--Welcome back! Sounds like a fun time.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Loving the baby bumps!! My cousin is pregnant and I can't wait til she has one going! She has a tiny one, but I'm expecting it to really pop soon, she's about 4 months along, and she finds out if it's a boy or girl next week! I can't wait to find out since I'm going to be the baby's godmother! :)

I admire those of you who can/enjoy running! I'm terrible at it and never got the whole "breathing concept" down! haha, good luck on your 5k Kelly!

Ramalem - you look great in your dress!

Amy - I'm a vegetarian! I have been for about 10 years now I think. How much protein are you eating?? I'm not the best protein eater, but I am a fan of cottage cheese and greek yogurt, those both have great amounts of protein! Also, I'm very sorry to hear about your father, I hope he is feeling okay.

Kate - I miss crossfit!! It was SUCH a good workout!! With the new house and mortgage it is definitely not in the budget though :-/ Glad you're doing well in it though!

Ashley - Welcome back!! I'm glad you had a great time!! My friends came back saying it was awesome as well :) It sounds like you probably burned a lot of the calories you ate off!! Nice job :)

Beeps - Nice goals! Just keep at it and you'll get to where you want to be!!

I did my first weights workout in almost 9 months last night!! It felt great :) I need to get back into that, I think that will help me shed some of the BF I want to get rid of! Very awkward though, I was doing lunges and all of a sudden a guy I went to high school with (who I never really talked to) came over to say hi.... very strange, especially when I'm gross and sweaty and we're in a gym... just not a place I would walk up to people and say hi to catch up! I want to start doing weights a few times a week though for sure. I'm back up with the scale, so it's time to slim down! I'm also going to start measuring to keep track of that as well.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I agree Ris. This was the first year I wasn't trying to break any records during races and just had a good time and the races were much more enjoyable. And Kelly, get the race under your belt and if you don't like running, don't do it. I think the best way to stay on track with fitness is to do something you actually want to do. :smile:

So I've been more hungry than normal since i've been back. I wonder if my body temporarily got used to higher calorie intakes. I've been reading about "eating more to lose" a little. One of my MFP friends is cutting at 1700 calories a day (and looks amazing). She swears by eating more. Start at higher calorie ranges to get your body used to burning more and then adjust down until you see losses. I don't know....I was doing pretty well calculating my TDEE and doing all the math. For a while anyways. Strange though that I consumed so many calories for 4+ days and actually feel thinner than I have in a bit. It makes me want to give up logging for a bit and just listen more to my body. I haven't gone back to logging and I have to say, it's been nice not counting out almonds..... Supposed to start a challenge with my sister on Monday again, but maybe I'll leave calories out of the equation. Like I typically skip breakfast and just had a peach and some almonds and am actually considering a baked potato. I had thought about doing a type of cycling where I log for 2-3 weeks and then just eat for a week. Not eat everything in site, but just take a break from logging and maybe eat a little more. I don't know....I guess I'll see what the scale looks like tomorrow and figure it out this weekend. Have a great day ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I think "logging breaks" are pretty good for one's mental state, Better!

shander - sooooooooooooooooo glad to read you're back into LIFTING! YAY!

I sort of like running and sort of don't. I've done lots of 5 km racing....although I think 10 km is likely more my "sweet spot". When I was running on a regular basis, the course I took was almost always an 8km - 9km loop.

Right now, no time for running, which is fine....not quite convinced I'll ever return to it since I also don't have the running trails around me that existed a decade ago when I was an avid runner!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Happy hump day!

The week has started off really well as far as eating/working out goes for me, so I'm hoping that I won't do too much damage in San Fran this weekend. My friend I'm visiting doesn't have a car so I hope to get lot's of walks in!

Couldn't agree more with you Ris/Better. Since I stopped really caring about race times and just having fun, I started to enjoy running a whole lot more. For me it's more of a mind clearing exercise and some me time away from my significant other and the house.

Shander - yay for weights! I just recently got into a routine and I am LOVING it. I'm finding I like weights way more than cardio, which is something I never thought I would say! And let's be honest, you probably looked awesome doing those lunges :)

Better - I upped my calories last week for the first time in a month and I finally saw the scale move down after 2 weeks of no movement. I would LOVE to stop logging, sometimes it's just such a chore.

Have a good day girls!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT wake up in the morning. Tonight, I am going to try running after diner, around 7ish. Hopefully there is enough shade in the neighborhood that I can handle the 90 degree temps! I know the race will be fun. 2 of the girls are awesome runners and one of them said she will walk part of it. One of the good runners is the one that I beat at the jump roping contest.

I think eating more is an amazing concept and I have friends who have done amazing. My problem is that I tend to EAT junk. I think if you eat more HEALTHY food, it can work. Someday I hope to be able to do it.

Shannon, do you have major DOMS? I get DOMS after a week or 2. I can't imagine 9 months! Way to get back at it.

Ram- Walking in San Fran will keep you in shape. There are so many hills!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new folks, and everyone's challenges look good. For me, I am just trying to get in 30 mins of running or 30 mins of Spartacus workout 5 times per week.
    I think I will do that for 4 weeks, then work in more strength training for Warrior Dash. I need more cardio conditioning though...
    Also, I don't have any reason to look good in bikini at the moment:wink: No tropical vacations or even a wedding to look forward to!

Ashley, Bonnaroo sounds fun. I love Arepas, there is a food truck here, Quiero Arepas, so yummy!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Ashely - I feel like my body can get used to a higher calorie diet even after a weekend, it makes Mondays very unpleasant! haha! I've heard of eating more to lose, but the concept really scares me! Someday maybe I'll try it, not yet though :) I took a very long break from logging, I ended up gaining, but that is my own fault for just getting too lax about my diet, I'm sure you will do great!

Ramalam - I love weights too! I just hadn't had time to do them before. I definitely don't have a routine though, I desperately need to figure one out! Have fun in San Fran :)

Kelly - I'm just starting to get sore now... I'll find out tomorrow if it's really bad! I don't get sore from any other type of work out though, so I'm LOVING that little bit of soreness!! Good luck with your run!

Amy - When are you doing the Warrior Dash? A guy I work with just did one and said it was tough!! Your workouts sound good though.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    EM2WL was a total "fail" for me - just sayin'....
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I am with Beeps! Didn't work for me either!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Working for me so far, but talk to me next weigh in day (next Monday) :)