Replies

• posie4503
    posie4503 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 3 done. On to Week 2!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I decided to take some extra rest days this week because of family things. My body was physically and emotionally exhausted so I knew rest would be better than trying to push it. I'm going to do c210k W10D2 this weekend.

I signed up for my first 5k. It's the encore of the Chicago Color Run on Sept 29! I might be crazy though because I'm moving apartments on the 28th and will have to spend the remainder of the 29th cleaning my current place before we give back the keys. :laugh: But if anyone else wants to do it, I have a code for $5 off the registration fee! It's only valid through tomorrow (July 27, 2013) so feel free to PM me, and I'll send it to you. :happy:
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W9 D2

Really good feeling!
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    Options
    Week 1, Day 3 done. On to Week 2!

Fantastic job!
  • Madmoo70
    Madmoo70 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bit off schedule this week. Normally run Mon, Wed, Fri but ended up running Wed, and today with 3rd session still to get in this week. Have just done Week 5, Day 2 and am so pleased with myself. I am loving this C25K programme. I am doing it on the treadmill and at the beginning I would have really struggled doing 30 seconds and today have done 2 sets of 8min runs. Weird but I am looking forward to the next session. I see each session as a personal challenge and love the buzz when I've completed a new one. Not sure whether to try to do session three tomorrow evening, then move my days to Tues, Thurs and Sat for next week or do Session 3 Mon then my next three sessions Wed, Fri, Sunday.

Regardless, I am totally in to this programme and I WILL do it!
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    Options
    Graduated today.

All training on treadmill / time - I will now repeat last three weeks on distance, aiming at 5k outdoors by end of August.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    c210k W10D2 done!
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I ran a timed 5K this morning to prepare for my "race" next Saturday and did it in just under 29 minutes. I am sure with the adrenaline and excitement of the race that I will be able to come in under 30 minutes. I just have to get a good week worth of training in and then rest a bit before the race on Saturday and I will meet my goal.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Ran in a 5k with my son this morning! He got off to a ridiculously fast pace ( I couldn't even see him in the crowd). Finally caught up to him at the first mile marker and he was ready to go home. So the next two miles were a combo of walk and slow jog, but we made it in 43 minutes. Which was honestly what I expected, even if we had jogged the whole way.
  • kg2020
    kg2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today was W1D1 for me. It was hot and humid and not the most comfortable time of day...but I was determined and I was going to stop using Florida heat as an excuse. :)
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Today was W1D1 for me. It was hot and humid and not the most comfortable time of day...but I was determined and I was going to stop using Florida heat as an excuse. :)

Well done! Getting started is the first hurdle. :smile:
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 3 completed

I ummed and ahhed about going out today, we've had torrential rain and thunderstorms on and off all day but I ate a cream cake so I needed to burn some calories LOL.

So glad I went, I had a fantastic run. Spur of the minute I picked a different route to usual and set off. I was amazed when the timer chimed for 25 minutes and I wasn't a complete wreck. I was a bit of a wreck but not a complete one so that's a great improvement :laugh:

And yes of course I got rained on on the way back but it actually felt pretty nice.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W7D1 done this morning. I didn't feel as springy as I did on W6D3 (also 25min run) but when I uploaded from my Garmin I was surprised to see my pace was actually a bit faster so just goes to show you can't judge it purely on 'feel'.

All in all, feeling quite chuffed with myself and pretty confident I'll see this through to the end and beyond :bigsmile:
  • sue284
    sue284 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just completed W6D3. Like you, yamsteroo, I was surprised to see that my pace was faster than I thought it was going to be. A few mishaps on the way - I run with my dog and she chose to disappear a few times today so I had to double back to find her on a couple of occasions.

So yes, feeling pretty confident I'm going all they way! :happy:
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Got in my w9d2 today, almost a week after injuring my foot during w9d1.. I took it slow and easy today, did not get as much distance in, and I did it on a treadmill to keep the surface level. But I did it an an incline 1-2% and managed to finish with not much complaining from my foot.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Ran a 5K yesterday (I started a thread about it LOL).

I am taking today off running and plan on starting the C210K next week (starting in week 9).
  • babyrover
    babyrover Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Today will be W4D1...trying to not let myself get psyched out abount the jump from 3 minutes to 5 minutes. It has helped to read about everyines experiences before I have to face the challenges. Glad to see that my lack of focus on speed is shared. I had double partial klnee replacement 2 1/2 years ago...so for me it is all about finishing!
    Keep up the great work everyone!
  • zephyrq
    zephyrq Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Finished w3d3 this morning before work, felt great except for the final interval, but I pushed it and look forward (timidly) to starting week 4 on Wednesday, that step up to 5 minute intervals should be *cough* fun.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I ran my PB at both 5k and 10k today - just under 32 mins for 5k and 1hr4 min for 10k :drinker:

Now I know I can do the distance I need to try and up the pace! :bigsmile:
  • Barbiegirl1826
    Options
    I started today! Week 1 day 1 down! I ended up doing it twice and am feeling great!

Good luck everybody!