What Kind of Dog Do You Have?

Options

Replies

• mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have two wonderful rescues that I adopted from our local SPCA. The older one we adopted when he was 4 years old. He's 6 now. His name is Pretzel and his a Dachshund/Whippet mix. Pugsley, are other dog was adopted about a year ago. She just turned 5. I would love to include pictures of my babies. How did you guys do that?

I followed these instructions: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/262875-need-help-adding-pictures-look-here-pic-heavy
  • saviarre
    saviarre Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a collie/husky mix that I adopted from the local shelter about 6 years ago. She's been my best friend ever since, and definitely the best thing I ever did for myself. Savannah is my confidant, my co-pilot, my walking buddy, my bed warmer, my speed bump, my reason for smiling on days when it doesn't seem possible and my favorite fuzzface.

2v83m7o.jpg
  • ckpointchickie
    ckpointchickie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have an Australian Shepherd who is the best friend I have ever had and a beagle-japanese chin mix, who is my comical brat. I also have a cat who is a diva to the max.
  • MoonDancer63
    Options
    My baby is a chihuahua & chinese crested mix. He's actually on my profile picture.
    After waiting for 10 years to get a dog, my sister surprised me with this little guy.... He's changed my whole world!!! He's our love bug
  • MoonDancer63
    Options
    Whoops!!! How could I forget my 3 kitties?! Butch, E-pod and Terra, thy are my loves
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I have a toy poodle Bella 8 months and a chihuahua Princess 3 years old. I also have 3 parrots :)

Any pet owners can add me :)
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have two rescue dogs, not totally sure about their breeds but from researching online and seeing pics of other dogs I'm confident enough to say that Gracie is a 5 year old dachshund/poodle mix and Merlin is an 8 year old corgi/chihuahua mix.

I also have a cat named Sammy.....I had to have my other cat Boogie put down last Sunday unexpectedly.....so rough on all of us :(
  • tlog73
    tlog73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Our dog is a Sheppard Cross...not sure with what but very spoiled and very loved! :wink:
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i have a sweet, beautiful, way too smart miniature pinscher! she is my heart!!

7295372712_f978c66dec_z.jpg

8137041686_3821860e0a_z.jpg

8100678080_35ea7efb75_z.jpg
  • DallastheGemini
    DallastheGemini Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have two seniors, a Pit Bull named Josie and a Australian Shepard Mix named Ginger.
  • DallastheGemini
    DallastheGemini Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have 7 year old Pitbull Luna and a Doberman/Dachshund mix Linus Both are spoiled rotten

Beautiful pittie!!!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and a chihuahua.
  • Fafern
    Fafern Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have 2 spoiled-rotten Japanese Chins, Suki (11 years old, 15 lbs) and Bailey (4 years old, 8 lbs). Bailey loves to cuddle with people on the couch (he's even taken naps with my mother's cat) while Suki prefers back scratches and belly rubs.
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have 2 spoiled-rotten Japanese Chins, Suki (11 years old, 15 lbs) and Bailey (4 years old, 8 lbs). Bailey loves to cuddle with people on the couch (he's even taken naps with my mother's cat) while Suki prefers back scratches and belly rubs.

Fafern, I had a Japanese Chin named Griffin. Before I adopted him at the age of 10 months, I'd never even heard of the bred. He was considered an "emporer Chin" because of his small size I guess. He was between 6-7 lbs. He was the best dog, so well behaved, such a friendly boy, he loved all people. In fact we used to do therapy visits to nursing homes.

Unfortunately, I had to have him put to sleep last April at the age of 5. It broke my heart and I still cry for him sometimes. He had so many issues I can only attribute to backyard breeding- epliepsy, grade 4 heart murmur, luxating patellas; but what killed him was protein lossing entoropothy. Basically he was allergic to protein and his body would mount a defense against it. He was on prescription food, but it only worked for so long. I took him to the UGA vet hospital in Athens, GA in April 2011. He made it just over a year after that. Do yours have any health issues?
  • julesyb1982
    Options
    1 Beagle - Clementine. She does not kiss (so weird)
    1 Chihuahua/Terrier Mix - Mitzie Lou. She's mommy's protector. See my profile pic
  • kmouse2
    kmouse2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have 2 Vizsla males and 1 blue healer female - all 3 are spoiled rotten and very much loved. We live on a river and all three of them love to swim and play in the water. Life would be so dull without my furkids!?
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I have 1 Pure breed Japanese Spitz , 1 Mixed breed Labrador Retriever+German Shepherd & 6 Pure breed Askal/Aspin :smile:
  • kellyspring76
    kellyspring76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Basset Hound!
  • AltSpeaking
    AltSpeaking Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have 2 dogs - My baby girl is a German Shep/Weim and the little Daddy's boy is a German Shep/Flat Coated Retriever.
  • amandapanda731
    Options
    I have 2 Shiba Inu's