Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• nacole2122
    nacole2122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    week 9 day 1 completed! 1.88 miles ran. Only two more runs until I complete C25K. I think that I am going to start the program over afer this to work on improving my speed
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Week 7 complete!
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    Week Five, Day Three is DONE! I was a little scared, but I did it. Slowly, avg pace 5.1mph, but I did it. When the voice told me to slow down to an easy pace, I had a giant grin on my face, and I started to laugh. I wanted to yell out to anybopdy and everybody to share that I just did it, but I didn't think people would be appreciative of that on a quiet residential street at 8am. Super happy.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Very bleh run today. Morning sickness kept rearing its head, so I tried to put in walking intervals... run 10, walk 1, run 10, and that gave things a chance to settle.

The last leg of the run, though, it hit hard and I had to screech to a halt and bend over dry heaving as a hardcore runner sprinted past me on the sidewalk. That was pretty much the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to me while running.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    CAN I GET A WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!

Corny I know but I am so excited to announce that I am officially a C25k graduate!!!!!

I finished W9D3 this morning and feel great with how I did. It has taken me 12 weeks to finish what should have been a 9 week program. But I redid week 2 & 3 and had a foot injury that hit me after W9D1..

What a great journey this has been, rough and tough but totally manageable if you give it the chance.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    High 5 Raasy!!!

I used the Zen labs app so W8D3 was my last run. I'm done! Yippie!!!! Not at 3.1 miles yet, but I'll eventually get there. Yay me! :flowerforyou:
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    High 5 right back at you Baldielove13!!

It really is an amazing feeling to be done.. I am not at the 3.1 either but we will get there soon!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    W7D2 ticked off and a little bit extra due to feeling so good at the end! 30mins in total this morning - though it was lovely and cool.

Average pace during the run section 11.48min/mile so I'm happy with that too.

I'm still in a state of disbelief that I am running this far and for so long. My stamina always sucked even when I was young so this is all new to me - I love it! :bigsmile:

Awesome inspiration for someone doing week 4!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • chantels1
    Options
    CAN I GET A WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!

Corny I know but I am so excited to announce that I am officially a C25k graduate!!!!!

I finished W9D3 this morning and feel great with how I did. It has taken me 12 weeks to finish what should have been a 9 week program. But I redid week 2 & 3 and had a foot injury that hit me after W9D1..

What a great journey this has been, rough and tough but totally manageable if you give it the chance.

Congrats!!! :-)
  • chantels1
    Options
    Week Five, Day Three is DONE! I was a little scared, but I did it. Slowly, avg pace 5.1mph, but I did it. When the voice told me to slow down to an easy pace, I had a giant grin on my face, and I started to laugh. I wanted to yell out to anybopdy and everybody to share that I just did it, but I didn't think people would be appreciative of that on a quiet residential street at 8am. Super happy.

Yahoo!!! Congrats!! I love that feeling after a run!
  • chantels1
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1 done this morning!!! I was nervous about 2-5 minute runs, but I went very slow. My run started off with my whole body and mind protesting. Telling me I was tired, weak, and there was no way I could do a 5 minute run. My legs felt tired during the warm up, and my body and mind kept telling me I couldn't well into the first 90 second run. But I pushed through and by the time the first 90 second run was over I knew I could go more. SO I kept doing what the app said to do and it felt great when I did finish the whole day! Looking forward to my next run as I know I can do it! Just a few short weeks ago I couldn't run more than 45 seconds. Now I am up to 5 minutes! Happy dance! ;-)
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am doing week 2 day 2 of my preC25K tomorrow
    Up to 45 seconds now!
  • jmm083
    jmm083 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me too Chantels1! I can't believe that a month ago the thought of running a minute and a half felt like the worst thing in the world. I just ran five minutes without stopping....twice....in one run. The three minute runs felt like nothing. Best feeling EVER! Looking forward to W4D2 on Friday!
  • ShubhaBansal
    ShubhaBansal Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 Completed.
    Warmup- 3.7km/hr Walk – 4.5km/hr Run – 5 .5km/hr Distance:2.15Km
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Today was my last "practice" run before my 5K on Saturday and it was a struggle. I got my 3.4 miles in but my pace was 10-15 seconds slower per mile than my last couple of runs. I am hoping that it is just a blip on the radar and that I will kick some serious tail on Saturday.

Any tips, hints or suggestions on how to prepare for the race on Saturday? I have been running early mornings (5:30'ish) and the race starts at 8:30. I normally don't eat or drink anything before my morning workouts so I was thinking about just something light an hour or so before the race to give me a little burst of energy. Maybe a piece of toast with peanut butter and a banana or something like that. The race is a two hour drive from home so I am making the trip down there on Friday night and staying with a friend that will also be running the 5K.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I normally don't eat or drink anything before my morning workouts so I was thinking about just something light an hour or so before the race to give me a little burst of energy. Maybe a piece of toast with peanut butter and a banana or something like that.

I usually run at 6 and my race was at 9. I had a bowl of cereal and a little orange juice for breakfast, and then split a granola bar with my son about a half hour before the race.
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This is my first post in the group... i have read several post and they have been so encouraging and helpful. Last night i did W1D1 and was worried all day yesterday almost talked myself out of doing it several times. But I have never been able to run do to heavy weight and strain on knees. I have been concurring mountains this year so wanted to add running a 5K to it. So i talked my teen daughter into doing this with me. I concurred my first day!!!! i will not lie it wasn't easy but i think nothing a little more stretching of my calves won't help (and i did stretch very good before thanks to the advice on here!) I am looking forward to friday night. My DD has a friend staying all night and they are both going to run with me.... it was a great time for us to talk and laugh... she said that went fast and i liked it... WIN!!!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I did w8d3 last night. ONE MORE WEEK! Wooo.

I really struggled this week so I am going to redo this week before I move on to a full 3 miles. But either way, I give up a lot, so really proud of myself I stuck with it and didn't give up.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I was kind of sick this week so Tuesday when I was supposed to do c210k W10D3, I only got through 1 (slow) mile, but I decided to move on today anyway and do W11D1 today. It felt wonderful. I ran 4 miles today! I used to hate running, and when I started c25k, even the 1 minute intervals were kind of tough, and now I'm running for 4 miles and loving it!

I'll be doing my first 5k on Sept 29 (the day after I move :grumble: ), and I'll look for a 10k to do around Thanksgiving-ish. Then I'm going to do half-marathon training. I want my first half-marathon to be the Disney princess half in Disney World in Feb 2015, and if I can get the money together, I want my first full marathon to be the Paris marathon in April 2016 or 2017. Go big or go home! :laugh: I hope to do a full marathon before I turn 30 (I turn 30 in Dec of 2017).

Those of you just starting or early in the program, keep your head up! It gets better. You may not end up loving running like I do, and that's fine. Running may not be your thing; it doesn't have to be, but don't give up too soon. Try to get through at least week 7 before deciding to quit. If you do quit, find something else to do. It's still important to exercise, just find something that sparks your interest even if it doesn't happen to be running. :flowerforyou:
  • babyrover
    babyrover Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    completed W4D2 last night....one more then on to the dreaded week 5. Have signed up with the husband for 2 5k's. We are huge football fans and the NFL is sponsoring "Back to Football" 5k's and "Play 60" Fun Runs in many cities across the nation to celebrate the opening week-end for the NFL. We will be supporting my team the World Champion Baltimore Ravens on Sept 4th and his team the Washington Redskin's on Sept 7th. Yes we are a house divided actually split in thirds since my son is a Cowboys fan. So anyone looking for a 5k that loves football check out your local team to see if they are sponsoring one!