August 2013 Fitness Challenge

Options

Replies

• TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My goal is to burn 11,000. I tried the ticker but was not able to make it work; my computer at work wouldn't download it without administrator privileges. :grumble:

And I'll be off to a weak start; I usually use my phone app pedometer and I am at the limit of my data plan 'til Aug. 6, so I'll be using my crappy wrist heart monitor. :sad:

So how does this work if we don't have a ticker? Do we post our daily Calorie burn daily?
  • TAMayorga
    Options

exercise.png
  • TAMayorga
    Options

exercise.png

Yay Mel! She helped me get my ticker for our challenge! Now, how do I stop my regular MFP ticker from showing? Just click and delete? And then do we go to tickerfactory to update?
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    TAMayorga, you will have to go back to tickerfactory.com to update each time. I'm unsure of how to delete the MFP ticker.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not off to the most auspicious start!! Woke up late, so missed my morning workout and it was raining so couldn't ride my bike to the train station. Now I just found out that tomorrow' boot camp is cancelled! So I have to rely on myself! Never a good thing! :)

Oh well, I will do some elliptical tonight and set my alarm to get up and get a good workout in the morning!

exercise.png
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I had to reconfigure my ticker.

exercise.png
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    I am having some serious misgivings :huh: about my ability to burn 10,000 calories this month. I have to put on the big girl pants and go for it!!! :wink:

exercise.png
  • TheMMan
    TheMMan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    12 hour day at the office - the last day of the summer semester! The next few days I'll be doing some "unstructured exercise". I'll be helping someone build a structure. No HRM so I'll have to estimate the cals. At least I'll be outdoors and active!

exercise.png
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

did an ab and squat challenge this morning and did a hike and a walk in the afternoon.
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Nice burning!

I didn't manage to get any exercise done today, up in the night with my baby boy and so my exercise time was taken over by much needed sleep!

I have decided to go for 10,000kcal

1st 622
    2nd 0

remaining: 9378

And goodnight!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Goal: 10,000

Balance: 10,000

Today: 615

Remaining: 9385
  • Susan0279
    Susan0279 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to post yesterday, so here I go:

Goal: 15,000 (I do alot of cardio so I upped my goal a little)

08/01 528 Remaining 14,472
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Here’s the challenge:
    Burn 7000 calories in the month of August!:smokin:
    The goal is to burn 7000 calories. You choose the workout! :happy:
    That’s about 225 calories a day.

Here I go!
    20min weights
    20min fast walk/run
    Will bikeride later and some gardening!

exercise.png
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I decided to not participate. I'm a bit over-extended right now. Good luck everyone!
  • MinMin97
    Options
    ....and some gardening for 30min

exercise.png
  • MinMin97
    Options
    I am having some serious misgivings :huh: about my ability to burn 10,000 calories this month. I have to put on the big girl pants and go for it!!! :wink:

exercise.png
    LOL get those big girl pants on!
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    My first day back at cardio in over a month. Don't want to re-injure my leg, so I just did some Gold's Gym cardio boxing today. 28 minutes for 228 calories.

exercise.png
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options

exercise.png

:laugh: You can do iiiiiit!!
  • TheMMan
    Options
    I was on my feet for 6 hours straight while wearing heavy work boots building a structure at my club. My feet and knees are killing me! I estimated my calories as 3 hours of slow pace walking.

exercise.png
  • TheMMan
    Options
    Since I have already lost 15 lbs and dropped from 188 to 173, I have decided to change my target goal weight from 170 to 165 pounds. The last time I weighed 165 was when I was 11 or 12. However, due to my TRX workouts, I'm starting to see some definition so I know that this 165 lbs will be very different than the 165 lbs of 40 years ago! Over 7000 calories in August will help me get there!