Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Stings? I dunno, Manic. I always run to the foam roller first.

It's nearly midnight and I never had the second drink. I guess I'll go delete it from my diary now!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Sam wishes she got a small LOL! I was over by 400 for the day so the small would have been better, or I should have avoided that 11PM Protein bar wither way. On the bright side the almost 900 cals meant I didn't eat anything for over 6 hours. tHat's unheard of.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Breeze congrats on the loss and maniac IDK but alternate cold and hot and hopefully it will go away.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Did a little run tonight. Put vodka in my recovery drink :drinker:
  • samntha14
    Options
    Hit the gym this morning. Only had a Greek yogurt for breakfast so I'm using that as my excuse for not raising weights.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Mary, I don't know what that could be. Probably just a pulled muscle or something?

Sam, good for you lifting on a Weekend.

Runz, lol! Seems like that would dehydrate.

I got my 3 lifting sessions in last week. This week we are headed for a vey impromptu vacation. I am glad to go, but I have a special family photo shoot coming up in two weeks and I was hoping to lose a few pounds by then. Not sure that will happen with us going on vacation.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Chubby, when it comes to vacation I just try not to gain. Way to go getting all your lifting done this week!

I only dropped 25 mL of vodka in my drink. It was enough to take the edge off for an hour or so. PMS has been unkind this week.

I did my grocery shopping yesterday so today is hardcore cooking day. Let's see... bacon, club wraps, ham and cheese kolaches, salisbury steak and mushroom gravy, corn and green beans (canned, sorry), pb and js, blueberry muffins, oatmeal muffins... It'll be great! I think the only thing I have to chop is lettuce and tomatoes.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Cowgirl, I have to lift on Sunday, because Monday is family day and this way I can get to the zumba classes without having to do a two-a-day. Tuesday will be my only rest day between now and Saturday. I have to take advantage of my high energy weeks.

New Goal: I bought a LBD today with shoes for under $10. It almost fits. I will have to have it altered no matter what because I CAN'T loose any more inches around the ribs, but an inch or two off the belly would mean NOT having to take that area in as well. After tailoring it will be a less than $50 dress. Gotta lose some belly.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Being strong sure does come in handy. I hit the 50% off sale at the Thrift shop. You can't take the carts out of the store, so I had to carry four huge bags, like garbage bag huge, To the very far end of the parking by myself in one trip. got it done!!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Sam! Being strong means living longer (or so I say :bigsmile: )

My plan is to hit the gym around 8:30. I have a full day in front of me. I HATE going in the afternoon. It's too hot and crowded for me.

After that one day I haven't felt that knot in the back of my knee. weird.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sam, you're so right! I love the way being fit and stronger has improved my entire life.

Mary, I am glad the knot is better. I hate going to the gym in the afternoons too. Too crowded and I'm too sluggish to push myself.

Runz, I hope the PMS is better today. Being a woman stinks sometimes. And you're right- not GAINING is my goal.

I'd love to get a lifting session today, but no weights at this hotel. May just do a BW circuit....
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

I tried this program about 6 months ago but never really got my food in the best shape so I want to start this again.
    When I was here before someone had created a spreadsheet for the stages with the exercises involved - does anyone still have a copy of this that they could share with me or point me to the link for that?

Thank you in advance.

Claudette
  • samntha14
    Options
    Welcome back Cushy. I don't have the sheet but maybe someone else will.

So funny story, I gained .6lb and lost a .25in on my waist. go figure. Yay for new muscle
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

I tried this program about 6 months ago but never really got my food in the best shape so I want to start this again.
    When I was here before someone had created a spreadsheet for the stages with the exercises involved - does anyone still have a copy of this that they could share with me or point me to the link for that?

Thank you in advance.

Claudette

Claudette, I have it. PM me an email address and I'll share it from google docs.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm home and so glad to get back on schedule again! I had 1 stinky workout last week and ate too much and very poorly most of the week! I started 5/3/1 today. The main lift was OHP (#10 warmups then 15, 15 & 20 DBs) and for accessory lifts today I did lat pull downs3x12x75), incline press (3x12x55), triceps, abs, side flexions (45lb plate) and back extensions (35 lb). It took an hour, including 15 min elliptical warmup.

I will post mymeasurementx when I get home tonight.

And I hope I'll have time to read and catch up!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I didn't sleep well last night . I tossed and turned. The alarm sounded way too early and I turned it off. BUT before you get too upset :bigsmile: I got to the gym around 6pm . My strength wasn't as good as last week. I managed to lift the same but man! was it difficult!

Welcome back Cushy.

Sue, what's 5/3/1?

Sam! I love it! I am not going by scales. I haven't been on the scale in ......2 maybe 3 weeks. I don't even remember. The underwear photos are all the motivation I need. I just wish the inches were coming off the bottom half, but I know it will eventually follow.
  • samntha14
    Options
    MAry, I'm so glad you are seeing the difference. My inches fell off the top first where the concentration of fat was less. I'm almost bony in the upper body. If it wasn't for the muscle I've built, I'd look skeletal up top.

Welcome home Sue.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    My glutes are sore from the squats . It looks like it will be another evening workout. I hate going when it's busy. Everyone stands around talks with their workout buddies. Men are just as bad as the girls. Nothing makes me madder than seeing young girls not serious about exercise using machines while I stand around and wait. All the while my heart rate decreasing.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Just sittin' here. Takin' a day off. Workin' on teacher stay. I go back on Monday.

I might run tonight.

I've been having random stabbing pain around the location of my gall bladder. Also been having poop issues. Not sure what my problem is. I wouldn't put it past my TOM to jack me up this bad.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Runz, don't mess around. If it hurts bad enough get it checked ASAP.

I got my lifting in this morning. I was a little later than usual, so there were a different group of people. Apparently it was national Deadlift day. Every Bar and bench was being used. I had to use the forsaking Smith. I HATE THE SMITH. My form was all off. I did increase weight a smidge. I took it really slow to focus on the movement and get the best out of the exercise. I wanted to make sure I was doing the work, not the pulley system. Everything else was about the same.