Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    I rarely do squats anymore....my quads just do too much of the work. There are better exercises, for my body shape, to attack my gluteus!

Also, my best laid plans to do body weight workouts while here have petered out. Haven't done since Wednesday. Lame of me - because I've had the time. Just not the inclination.

When we fly to San Diego, for sure I won't be doing weight work. But, tomorrow is at least a kayaking (cardio) day!
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Finally...all the vacations are over...all the trips, dances, weddings etc. are done until October 5. I need to be home...I can't go to the gym until the kids start school but I sure can start being in control of food again...I'm so tired and blah. I'm done with tired and blah..though I did hike for a couple of hours yesterday.

Hopefully taking the kids out somewhere today to get out of the house and move...

I am not meant to be sedentary and next year I am making sure the kids have a sitter 5 days a week so I can get out and go to the gym..if I had room for workout stuff I would get some...I don't.

I am not meant to be sedentary and I resent it being forced upon me by circumstance.
  • breezedaze
    Options
    well that was really negative..lol..I'm actually feeling good but I was feeling rather frustrated until today..now I'm free. My husband comes home from work late most nights..this is a safe town so I think I'll start walking at night or get up before he goes to work to walk...I woke up this morning..it was raining.

I crave movement...and when I don't get it..I crave sweets. lol
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    There are better exercises, for my body shape, to attack my gluteus!

Beeps, tell us more!

Breeze, I've been okay with taking DS to the park. He can bring his bike, run, and play while I run on the track.

I took two days off of lifting and it feels like such a long time! Back at it tonight. Today is my first official day back to work. Kids start next Monday.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    There are better exercises, for my body shape, to attack my gluteus!

Beeps, tell us more!

Breeze, I've been okay with taking DS to the park. He can bring his bike, run, and play while I run on the track.

I took two days off of lifting and it feels like such a long time! Back at it tonight. Today is my first official day back to work. Kids start next Monday.

Hey y'all, I went to the glute guy to see what he recommends for glute activation - I really get a lot out of squats but I am guessing I'll get even more with this

http://bretcontreras.com/which-type-of-squat-maximizes-glute-activation-2/
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I got on here specifically to tell yall about a squat I read about and found yall talking about glute exercises.

The sumo squat is suppose to work the glutes and the inside of the thighs. I did it today and I'm feeling it!

Sue, I just opened the link you provided and the sumo squat is listed as #2. :bigsmile:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts are the bomb for glutes. Seriously. And one-legged get-ups, single-leg squats, pistol squats. I do not feel step-ups in the glutes, so I'm taking a break from them. I've been doing the American DLs instead of RDLs for my complexes and they are great too. Highly recommend reading Bret C's stuff (The Glute Guy that Sue is talking about). His "Strong Curves" program is on my "to-do" list.

Mary, I like Sumo squats too. Sumo DLs are awesome as well.

Got my lifting in on Saturday and today. Keeping my cals and carbs in check this week so that I can be as deflated as possible for pics on Saturday. Copious amounts of water will also be consumed.

Beeps, sounds like you're having a lovely time.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    My workout was awful today. Had to reduce weights toward the end. I even gave up before I finished the last super set. And I didn't do the body weight matrix. I was gonna hit somebody if I did that. :sick:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Runz I have workouts like that when i either don't get enough sleep or when my diet sucks. Hope the next one is better.

My shoulder feels a little better today, no pain relievers. My new pillow is helping A LOT. Off to the gym tomorrow. What I will do there, couldn't tell you.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Any healing is good healing, Samntha!

Run zealot, the BWM was always tough, for me. I really should give it a whirl, again, though....

We kayaked for about 2 hours, on the open ocean. I thought my arms would be sore, but I must have done it right (using back, not shoulders), because I feel no arm pain at all!
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Runz I have workouts like that when i either don't get enough sleep or when my diet sucks. Hope the next one is better.

My shoulder feels a little better today, no pain relievers. My new pillow is helping A LOT. Off to the gym tomorrow. What I will do there, couldn't tell you.

Interesting... I didn't get enough sleep and my diet sucked yesterday. There was an episode with a cream cheese danish and a blueberry muffin and a blueberry pancake.... :laugh:
  • breezedaze
    Options
    Yeah I'm not a runner...but would walk if there was a park with a track. I've done a lot of hiking when I can. We have a boardwalk on a pond and do lots of slow walking around it but my 7 year old complains the entire town. We have gotten them on a health kick..our whole family actually..so maybe they'll be caught up in the novelty of that and go for a walk this afternoon.

I'll check in..meanwhile they got up and had cereal and fruit for breakfast all laid out and healthy looking and drank a bottle of water each...good habits!

We've been a bit slack on the fruit and veggies with the travel.

Tonight I'm making a yummy cod au gratin for supper!

[/quote]

Beeps, tell us more!

[/quote]
  • breezedaze
    Options
    and the quotes didn't work...full moon stuff I figure..lol
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Today is a flight day. I hope I eat nothing because all i'll be doing is sitting around and waiting. It's 5 hours to San diego!
  • amber_michelle30
    amber_michelle30 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Beeps, I don't know what you looked like before, but 20 months has definitely worked for you! You look amazing!!

I finally did stage 2A today and my body feels it already:)

I liked NROLFW on FB and I'm seeing a lot of people on there complain about injuries. Is anyone else worried about this? I try super hard to make sure my form is perfect, but the thought of being injured (especially with no insurance) scares the crap out of me.
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey all, joining back in here after taking a break from tracking. I'm doing Nia Shanks' Beautiful Badass and trying to follow her 'sane and simple' nutrition advice, but find I'm not honest enough with myself unless I track somehow. So here I am.

Loving the workouts, am able to get them done over my lunch hour, which wasn't as easy with NROLFW once I got into Stage 2. If I have time, I do bodyweight HIIT immediately after, if not, that night after dinner.

Beeps, you look freaking amazing. Such good work!

amber, I've thought about injuries and want to enlist the help of a trainer if I can afford it, to make sure I'm not doing anything stupid. I haven't yet, tho.
  • samntha14
    Options
    So NSV today. My chiropractor was effusive with praise for my improved figure. He says, "I can't get over how much your body has changed. Whatever you are doing keep doing it." He had a hard time believing I had only lost 15 total. (I was in my beach wear so it was more visible than it normally is.) He does the "bead method" weight loss out of his office, and I put his clients to shame. Bright side, whatever he did to my shoulder today really worked because it doesn't hurt at all.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    I love my chiropractor. I've only been three times. They must've done something right!

What's the "bead method"?
  • samntha14
    Options
    They put these like magnets or beads or whatever behind your ears, and they are supposed to curb your appetite and prevent over eating or some crap. His office manager was seriously over weight and lost A LOT of weight, and that's how he got into it. A lot of clients do well, but I think of it as just another thing that keeps you from taking power over your own body. (She gained the weight back eventually)
  • runzalot81
    Options
    OMG :laugh:

I was gonna lift today but I think I'm gonna take the dang day off :indifferent: