Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Where are you all?

Go lift heavy things and post to me about it, because I can't!!!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I've been eating and eating and eating and eating some more and not good stuff> Don't know what's wrong with me.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Manic, I get like that every once in awhile.

Beeps, I'll go lift heavy stuff since I didn't do it yesterday :flowerforyou:
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    And done :drinker:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    YEah, I don't know where everyone else is this week. It's like a ghostland. I was back in the gym last night for Zumba. I'll be doing more zumba tonight and lifting on Friday. I was going to reverse that, but my instructor will be out this Friday and I prefer to lift Friday/Sunday. Shoulder feels completely healed.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Back is lookin' HAWT, Samntha! Nicely done!

I think we might try Coronado island toady....the long drive to the safari park is making me not wanna go (kids just get car-sick) there. I'll give away the groupons to someone living close by, or just consider it a donation if we simply don't make it there.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i've been absent lately, and i've missed everyone and the chatter around here! i've been on somewhat of an emotional roller coaster this last week. last wednesday, found out i was in fact NOT pregnant, husband was laid off on friday, and my aunt died on tuesday. so, that's where i've been. i did attend my spin class on monday, but i've been emotionally and physically drained the rest of the week. exercise always helps me feel better, but i just haven't been able to get myself up.

i'm feeling better today and i have some tentative plans for lifting this evening. it'll be good to get back into it! not that i'm filled with aggression that needs to get out, but it will just be a good release.

hope everyone else is doing well!
  • amber_michelle30
    amber_michelle30 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tartsul, sorry to hear all that...sounds like one hell of a weak:(

I did stage 2A for the first time on Tuesday and my butt still hurts. Don't think I've ever been this sore. Back at it though tomorrow. Figure I'll life Sundays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I lifted Monday and will lift tomorrow. I am still sore from Mondays 2X12. It's been another busy week. I've been burning plenty of cals just doing random crap.

Tartsul, sorry to hear about your week. Hope things are better for you this week:(

Amber, I loved Stage 2.

Beeps, sounds like fun either way.

I've been sticking with a little more of a deficit, but my sodium is crazy due to eating out so much. I really need to plan these things better.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Tarts, by the sound of it you have every right to an emotional week. Hope things start looking up for you soon.

I skipped the gym and had dry cereal for dinner and yet managed to have a near perfect macro/cal day. How the heck does that happen?

Beeps, thank you, that's actually an older pic. i took new ones this morning but the batteries in my camera died and I can't get the pics off now :( I feel like I look like Amazon woman from the front. I'll let you decide when I can get the pics up.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Tarts, sorry.

I made it to the gym late today and it was interrupted by my son. He needed to get his truck from the shop before 5 (this was 4:50) and they would wait a few minutes for him. So workout was short by 9 minutes lifting and 15-20 elliptical.

My eating has been better today. Since the weekend I was on a binge. Cookies and cookies.
  • pesigrandi
    pesigrandi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Amber ... I have had no injuries with NROL4W but I have had to take a step back in the last couple of weeks because I live in AZ and during the monsoon the humidity goes a little higher and I start having aches and pains and I have a lot of shoulder problems already and don't want to aggravate them. For the last couple of weeks I've gone back to the machines.

In my view, injuries occur when people push too hard. You have to listen to your body. Make sure the muscle is doing the work and not the joints.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Biked for an hour in a "double surrey"...forgot how much I love cardio! Alas, forced exercise break is now one short week, away - cataract surgery, left eye, is next Thursday. Yay! And boo!
  • samntha14
    Options
    < New back shot hard to see in the thumbnail. I have a front shot in my photo album but I hate it Not flattering at all.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Looks great, samntha! How's lower body coming along?
  • samntha14
    Options
    I don't want to talk about it lol
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    thanks to all for the kind words! i am doing much better today, i did go and lift last night (am i the only one who doesn't really love stage 3??) i also went to spin class this morning with a good friend. i'm feeling good. refreshed!

sam, your new picture looks awesome!

hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • amber_michelle30
    amber_michelle30 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Samntha, love the new pic!! Your definition is nuts!!

Pesigrandi, I agree with what you say about listening to your body. Stage 1 I think I tried too hard and too fast to up my weights. Stage 2 I will take it a little slower.

I'm going to the gym tonight for S2-B and I'm still getting anxiety over going. I sure do wish I could count on my "workout partner" to go but I'm done even asking anymore. I've noticed that I'm failing myself trying to depend on her. I just wish that I wasn't so dang nervous about going by myself.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been AWOL, it's been crazed at work and I am trying to stay caught up here and continue logging but I'm not doing very wel. I can see I'm not ready to do this food thing without being accountable here! Oy I still make bad choices when I'm left to my own devices.

Sam awesome back pic - you are one HAWT lookin' woman!

Tartsul what an awful week, I'm so sorry! I'm glad it's evening out for you and that exercise is making you feel better. I actually loved Stage 3 and hated Stage 2 but I was very inexperienced when I started Stage 2 and was extremely self conscious about that. By the time I made it to Stage 4 I felt much better about the lifts generally and about my abilities!

Pearl, welcome back! I have never had an injury doing NROL4W, or any lifting at all, I actually did hurt myself doing cardio

Beeps, I'm glad you're having vacation, I know you aren't looking forward to the no exercise break due to the surgeries, but I'm thinking you'll be so happy to have it all done and seeing better etc. My dad kept saying why did I wait so long!

Hi to everyone else. I'm really enjoying 5/3/1, it's so simple to do. Hope you don't mind that I keep coming back here to chat with you all. the 5/3/1 board is very quiet - I think most of the people there are very experienced lifters, not much haring at all.

Have a great weekend - tomorrow is deads!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments ladies. I still hate my legs. As my fellow pears know, every ounce of fat in my body in between my knees and belly button :sad:

I hit the gym today. I backed off my weights a bit at least on the heavy lifts. Got my DL down to 85 and really focused on form. And I will NEVER use a Smith again!! I even got in my metabolic work today :smile: Felt good to be back at the weights. I took a more flattering front arms pic, it's on my profile. Still not ready to show the legs, sorry. I look great in pants, that's good enough for now.

Tarts, glad things are looking up :flowerforyou:

Amber, get 'er done