Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    As my fellow pears know, every ounce of fat in my body in between my knees and belly button :sad:

Ain't that the truth.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    As my fellow pears know, every ounce of fat in my body in between my knees and belly button :sad:

Ain't that the truth.

2nd that :grumble:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Alright, alright....but pears can morph! And pears can learn poses that flatter even their legs/hips! And pears can wear string bikini bottoms (tres flattering!)

Thanks, sue....it's upon me, and I just need to deal!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it Beeps. My inner thighs are screaming today from Kettlebell swings yesterday. My trap, lat and deltoids are wide awake today too. One week off from lifting and I get DOMS.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

Ain't that the truth.

2nd that :grumble:

ditto :explode:
    I'm trying to morph mine but I'm also trying to

Workout done for today - I worked with my trainer for the first time in about 6 weeks. New lifts to work as accessory lifts! Have you ever done good mornings? OMG talk about GLUTES!!!! Yikes! 4/12 increasing weights up to 85. I also did supersets of assisted pulls ups / dips and leg presses/squats on Mary's fav machine and a new PR, 140lbs 2x10
  • runzalot81
    Options
    WOW! Everyone is kickin' azz and takin' names today!

I did my last A workout in Stage 3. But, Girls, lemme brag: I finished my 2nd BWM in 2:25!!! :drinker:

I'm meeting a girlfriend at Planet Fitness (her gym) today. She wants me to show her the kinds of things we do with New Rules. However, I'm under the impression that PF doesn't have much in the way of weights. We'll see. I don't mind getting a little cardio in. I can take the whole day off tomorrow!
  • runzalot81
    Options

Hi to everyone else. I'm really enjoying 5/3/1, it's so simple to do. Hope you don't mind that I keep coming back here to chat with you all. the 5/3/1 board is very quiet - I think most of the people there are very experienced lifters, not much haring at all.
    I'm so glad you do hang out here! Eventually, I'll graduate from New Rules and will be shopping around for another lifting program.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Runs a lot, congrats on the BWM time....seriously impressive!!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    RUNZ, that is kickin butt! I don't think I ever got under 3 ( I really don't remember LOL) , and I was always near passing out when finished.

NO workouts today. It's been a leisurely day. We went out to eat for lunch, and I've been baking. (pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, corn dog muffins, and currently dough is mixing in the bread machine for pizza dough. all to be frozen for later use)

Beeps, as I said before, I want it all. Not just smoke and mirrors. :bigsmile: OH and Beeps, you HAVE made your thighs and saddlebags disappear. I looked at your pics and you are standing straight on. No smoke and mirrors for you.

Sam, tell me about kettle bell swings. How do you do them? Do you have a preferable video? The sumo squats are working my glutes and inner thighs some but not as much as I would like. I would like to incorporate the kettle bell swings .
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...ugh, my capris that I haven't worn since vacation day one are BARELY done up!

Enough eating, already....I'm officially back to dieting down.
  • samntha14
    Options
    IT'll come off quick Beeps.

Mary, Hold KB arms straight directly in front of you. Mini Squat and swing between your legs. Swing back up to starting position. 20-30 on rest 30-40 sec for 10 minutes. I usually do sets of 15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0jalJ-3e7U
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I wish my gym had kettle bells....supposed to be excellent for those gluteus! I know I could do cable pull-through s instead. I should!
  • runzalot81
    Options
    I wish my gym had kettle bells....supposed to be excellent for those gluteus! I know I could do cable pull-through s instead. I should!
    Shoot. I've used dumbbells.
  • ashley11scott
    ashley11scott Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love kettle bells definitely a must try!

Question: If i didn't nrol4w only two days a week how long would it take me? --
    Signing up to a gym returned nrol4w to library and not sure how long of a membership I need if i only do 2 days a week. When I can I will do 3 but sure sure I can do two.

THanks all
  • runzalot81
    Options
    More than six months, Ash.
  • samntha14
    Options
    I use a DB because my gym doesn't have KBs either.

It took me 7 months I think Feb through August.

I'm not eating dinner tonight because My husband picked today to be an *kitten*.
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    ...ugh, my capris that I haven't worn since vacation day one are BARELY done up!

Enough eating, already....I'm officially back to dieting down.

Me too..got on a binge yesterday...from tiredness..also saw a photo of myself...ick...back to the drawing board...kids go to school in just over a week..boy I can't wait for the gym!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I will say that not exercising messes with my sleep in a VERY negative way. Boo. But, I won't permit it to mess with my diet! Day 2 of my "operation lean out" is in full swing....back to work, today, so I'll be busy and distracted. Go lift something heavy for me ladies!!!
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm on it, Beeps. Today, I lift. I get all excited (almost nervous? It reminds me of how I used to feel before swim meets as a kid.)

When can you get back to exercising?

Watched a Girls Gone Strong video recently that helped me with my deadlift form So. Much. Just a little tip - flex your lats when you bend down to pick up the bar. It helps protect your lower back. That and really trying to activate my glutes made me feel so much stronger on DLs last workout.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I can go back to exercising on Sept. 21!

Well, actually, I can work-out today, tomorrow and Wednesday, as well....but, I have put my membership on "Hold" and it isn't worth it to take it off for the 3 days. Plus, being just back from vacation, these work-outs would be "light", in any event.

So, instead of doing the gym, I'm going to do Strong Curves at home for tonight, tomorrow night and Wednesday night. Then, truly, I'm on a forced work-out break Aug 29 - Sept 21. No exertion, whatsoever, following cataract surgery - guess you could pop the stitches with any elevation in heart rate!