Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    W6D1 in the books. I actually finished the 5k with about 1 minute left to go on my cool down. :drinker:
    Great job!!! I am not quite there yet. Just did W6D1 yesterday and total distance was 2.70 miles. Great speed!
  • chantels1
    Options
    This is my second try at C25K. I gave up after day 1 the first time bc I couldn't complete EACH lap. This time, I decided to go in w the thought that it's ok not to complete each one. I actually did complete each one this time! I ran verrrry slow, slower than my walking pace. LOL. But, I actually finished with a shorter time and more mileage than the first try. I'm hoping to go again tonight just to get into the habit.

W1D1 Jan 27th: 1.09 miles / 16:59 min/mile
    W1D1 Aug 10th: 1.29 miles / 14:17 min/mile

And that is how we do it! Great start! Keep it up!
  • chantels1
    Options
    Finished W6 D3 today, three more weeks to go!! And I love that my breathing is more controlled now and I can actually say "good morning" to other runners I pass.

Great job!!! I love the exact same thing!! I am not dying anymore, but then again, I have not done W6D2 or Day 3 yet! After doing W5D3, I am pretty sure I will be able to do W6D3, but saying Good Morning to passerby's may be a challenge!! ;-) Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D2 yesterday, the 8 minute runs weren't too bad. Trying to stay positive about the 20 minute run on Thursday. What is I keep hearing "the body achieves what the mind believes" :happy:

1.62 miles, 21 minutes, 12:59 min/mile, 4.62mph

Including warm up and cool down
    2.20 miles, 31 minutes, 14:06min/mile
  • chantels1
    Options
    I ran my w3d2 run today. I could ACTUALLY run for 3 mins straight. But it was not easy...by the end I thought I'd never hear her say the magic word 'walk' but still I did it!! Am a little worried about week 4 already but am determined to get it done!

Great job!!! You can do it! The hardest part is the mental part. The lazy side of the brain that tells you you can't, that you are too tired. But you have to learn to fight that and keep going! Sounds like you are doing a great job!
  • chantels1
    Options
    Completed W6D1 ....found it to be difficult. My husband even commented that I was struggling more than he has seen since week 3. We are signed up for my first races on Sept 4th and Sept 7th for the NFL run series....So I will actually be running 5k's for W9D2 and W9D3.. its not about being first...just finishing!
    Great job finishing. I didn't enjoy W6D1 either, but maybe you were just a little under fueled or something? Good luck with your upcoming 5k's!! 2 in one week?
  • chantels1
    Options
    Finished W5D2 yesterday, the 8 minute runs weren't too bad. Trying to stay positive about the 20 minute run on Thursday. What is I keep hearing "the body achieves what the mind believes" :happy:

Great job!!! W5D3 is totally doable! Just pace yourself! It's more of a mental challenge than a physical one as your body has been training for this.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I did W1D1 for my entire hour-long walk this morning. My calves were hurting so much at first, so I slowed it down. My arms no longer hurt. Normally, they're the first thing to get tired. Maybe my slower speed has something to do with it.

W1D1 (attempt 1): 1.28 miles - 14:28 min/mile Fastest:10:55 min/mile Longest: .10 miles
    W1D1 (attempt 2): 1.22 miles - 15:08 min/mile Fastest:12:17 min/mile Longest: .09 miles
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just completed Week 9 Day 3 so technically I have graduated! Woo! :drinker:

I am amazed I stuck with the programme, more amazed how much I grew to love it and flabbergasted how much I've improved from feeling like I would die after running for 60 seconds a few short months ago!!

Today I ran 2.65 miles in the 30 minutes so I'm not done yet, I'm going to carry on running 3 times a week till I get the distance in.
  • teamAmelia
    Options

I am amazed I stuck with the programme, more amazed how much I grew to love it and flabbergasted how much I've improved from feeling like I would die after running for 60 seconds a few short months ago!!

Today I ran 2.65 miles in the 30 minutes so I'm not done yet, I'm going to carry on running 3 times a week till I get the distance in.

Congratulations on your graduation! :drinker:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I did W1D1 for my entire hour-long walk this morning. My calves were hurting so much at first, so I slowed it down. My arms no longer hurt. Normally, they're the first thing to get tired. Maybe my slower speed has something to do with it.

W1D1 (attempt 1): 1.28 miles - 14:28 min/mile Fastest:10:55 min/mile Longest: .10 miles
    W1D1 (attempt 2): 1.22 miles - 15:08 min/mile Fastest:12:17 min/mile Longest: .09 miles

You are probably tensing up your shoulders. Relax everything but your core and your legs.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Congratulations! Isn't it amazing??? Great job on staying committed to the program.

I keep harking back to W1D1 every time I reach a new goal (just think...9 week or three months or six months ago, I couldn't even...). Keeps it all in perspective.
  • stellalagerfeld
    Options
    W4D3 completed. After mapping out all my remaining weeks until my goal of finally completing in October has helped motivate me. Fingers crossed to injury free runs!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options

My Wk5D3 is on Thursday as well.

Today's intervals were pretty decent. My interval average was 13:24 and with the WU/CD was 14:27.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W9D2 done this morning with dogster in tow so no personal bests set today lol (she randomly decides she needs to sniff something so even on an extender lead I have to slow off my pace and call her back to me, but she enjoys it so what the heck?)

I'll do my last run of the programme on Friday without her though as I'd like to give a big push and maybe set a PB pace to finish in style - that's the plan anyway! :)

I'm still in a state of semi disbelief that I now consider a 30min run 'normal' .... how did that happen? :noway:
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    I just finished the first wk! Kind of scared for wk 2. Although I wasn't staring at my phone stats, waiting for the go to walk during each lap like I was when I started, I did get a little tired towards the end of the workout. So, I'm hoping I can do the 90-second walks. Here are my stats and good luck to you all. :)

W1D3 attempt 1: 1.24 miles - 14:55 min/mile - Fastest @ 11:47 min/mile - Longest @ .09 miles - Overall, w WU/CD: 1.81 miles - 15:47 min/mile

W1D3 attempt 2: 1.23 miles - 15:02 min/mile - Fastest @ 10:58 min/mile - Longest @ .09 miles - Overall, w WU/CD: 1.80 miles - 15:50 min/mile
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options

The 20 mins run wasn't that bad, actually. Mind you, I didn't know that I was going to be doing a 20 minutes run until right before I went out for my run. I didn't like looking ahead at that point, because I didn't want to psych myself out. So, as I was locking the front door, I looked down at my phone and said, "20 minutes?!" Oddly enough, I found the words of encouragement on the app when it was explaining what my run comforting. "Don't be put off, you've been preparing for this for five weeks, just keep a steady pace and keep going".

I did go a little slower, and I didn't run as far as the previous days, but I did it, and it was such a confidence booster. That is truly when I began to get excited about each run. If I could do that, I could do anything. That's how it made me feel.

Congrats! I can't wait to be there too. Two more weeks! I know that RunDouble has a 5k improver app, where you do 300m sprints, then slow down for 100m, repeat. It gets harder every week. Just to improve speed and distance. Has anyone use it? Does it work?
  • babyrover
    babyrover Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Completed W6D1 ....found it to be difficult. My husband even commented that I was struggling more than he has seen since week 3. We are signed up for my first races on Sept 4th and Sept 7th for the NFL run series....So I will actually be running 5k's for W9D2 and W9D3.. its not about being first...just finishing!
    Great job finishing. I didn't enjoy W6D1 either, but maybe you were just a little under fueled or something? Good luck with your upcoming 5k's!! 2 in one week?

My husband I are huge football fans...Since I wanted my first official 5K to be the Ravens run...he only agreed to go with me if I ran the Redskin run with him on Saturday! (yes we are a house divided, actually in thirds as our son is a Cowboys fan) A true glutton for punishment!
  • Melissa999999
    Melissa999999 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    W3D3 done - 1.44 miles average pace 17:51 mile
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Thread roll!

I was supposed to do c210k W13D1 yesterday, but about 10 minutes into running, my good hip was having unusual pain. I tried to push through for awhile longer hoping it would go away, but it just kept getting worse. I decided to stop at about 1.5 miles into my run and walk home. I'll try again tomorrow, and I hope it's better.