Week 3

Options

Replies

• Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've always just stuffed my phone in my sports bra. But as the runs get longer, and the days hotter, my phone has been flaking out due to the heat and moisture in my bra.

Has anyone tried a Flipbelt? http://www.flipbelt.com/. This looks way more appealing to me than a armband. Deep pockets would work, but I haven't had any luck finding and running shorts that have them. (At least not in my price range)
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    The waist pack I bought is very similar to the flipbelt. Again, while it wasn't too tight, it was there, and just being there pushing slightly into my waist, bothered me after a mile or so. I felt like I could get a cramp in my side. I didn't get a cramp, but there was this feeling that it was hovering. I think that I was clenching muscles around the waist due to the belt's being there. Strange I know. Pushing it up to my lower rib cage made everything relax and the feelings went away.

I ordered a running skirt yesterday. I got a Lotta Breeze Capri http://www.skirtsports.com/shop/product.cfm/id/1015-Lotta-Breeze-Capri figuring that it might be good for the Fall and into the winter as the temps got cooler.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    http://www.spibelt.com/products/spibelt

I have this belt and it is awesome.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I wear a fuel belt thst I picked up from Target. it doesn't bother me. if it is too loose it bounces, so I keep it snug. I like it because i can bring water with me and I can fit my phone, ID, keys and emergency cash in the pocket. I have a Galaxy, which is a pretty large phone. Ican't imagine using an armband with a phone that size.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Because if shorts are snug enough to not ride up (my thighs are shorts-eaters) then I'm dealing with a camel toe. It's hard to find a longer pair of shorts that are actually flattering. And because skirts make you feel pretty.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Because if shorts are snug enough to not ride up (my thighs are shorts-eaters) then I'm dealing with a camel toe. It's hard to find a longer pair of shorts that are actually flattering. And because skirts make you feel pretty.

run skirts are so cute, but I worry about chafing. My thighs rub together when I wear mid thigj shorts. I figured the same would happen with skirts, but I need to give them a try to see.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Those are all good reasons! I'm really pleasantly surprised by my Champion shorts from Target. They don't ride up or camel toe. I haven't tried the running skirts but I've tried on the swimsuit skirts and they turned out to be less flattering on me than actual shorts.
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options

All good reasons! I might just have to get one myself...hmm. I do love your ruffly one!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Please forgive my ignorance, but what's camel toe?
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Search Google Images......
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options

No...don't! Think wedgie from the front :O
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I haven't had chafing issues in my runskirts, though I do use BodyGlide on longer runs "in case"

Where I'm getting really bad chafing is the underarm area, even though I'm layering on the BodyGlide. :(
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Good call. :)
  • bttrthanevr
    Options

Good call. :)

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!
  • bttrthanevr
    Options
    I haven't had chafing issues in my runskirts, though I do use BodyGlide on longer runs "in case"

Where I'm getting really bad chafing is the underarm area, even though I'm layering on the BodyGlide. :(

At what distance did chaffing become an issue? I haven't had that yet. The only think I have had happen is once I had my bra strap positioned funny on a 4 mile run and it rubbed a raw spot, scabbed over like rug burn, on my collarbone.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options

At what distance did chaffing become an issue? I haven't had that yet. The only think I have had happen is once I had my bra strap positioned funny on a 4 mile run and it rubbed a raw spot, scabbed over like rug burn, on my collarbone.

That doesn't sound fun.

For me it started around five miles, also underarms, and more if my clothes are too big... which they were. Bodyglide rocks!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W3D1 completed (Hal Higdon novice plan).

2.5 miles running in 28.37mins.

As it's a shorter run I included some moderate hills (I call this route the roller coaster as it undulates up and down for about 1.5mile stretch) and tried to keep my pace constant.

Felt quite good if not that fast - bring on the next one! :bigsmile: