Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I completed W3D1 today. I was originally dreading the three minute runs but they weren't bad at all. Actually, I wanted to run more after the entire program was over for the day.

I also discovered what I'd been in the process of realizing: I run better, and enjoy my runs more, at nighttime than during the day.

Looking into registering for a 5K (deciding between a few right now) to motivate me to not give up when it comes to days like W5D3.
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I got my butt out of bed at 6 this morning to do Week 2, day 3! It was actually a great way to start my day. Now planning to run three days next week - looking forward to it!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great job on your runs today ladies!! You are all doing a remarkable job!!

Completed my virtual 5k today. I did not run it all because I used the 5k to 10k plan to do it. So I ran Wk1D1 of that program. 5 repeats of 8 min running intervals separated by 1 min walks. Had a total distance of 3.8 miles in 44:13 or a pace of 11:38. Super thrilled.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Week 5,Day 2..was a hard run today but got through it in the end and happy to have done so.I am not looking forward to the next run of 20 mins but know it's possible!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great job on your runs today ladies!! You are all doing a remarkable job!!

Completed my virtual 5k today. I did not run it all because I used the 5k to 10k plan to do it. So I ran Wk1D1 of that program. 5 repeats of 8 min running intervals separated by 1 min walks. Had a total distance of 3.8 miles in 44:13 or a pace of 11:38. Super thrilled.

You still did great! Nice time.
    I got my butt out of bed at 6 this morning to do Week 2, day 3! It was actually a great way to start my day. Now planning to run three days next week - looking forward to it!
    And, you said that before, your problem was making excuses to not run. Glad that you're so motivated. :smile:
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I started week 7 today, the weather was great. It's supposed to be 91 today so figured I first thing in the morning would be best. I can definitely tell I'm getting stronger.

W7D1
    1.93 miles, 25 min, 12:57 min/mile 4.63 mph

Including warm up and cool down
    2.50 miles, 35 min, 13:58 min/mile
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    jitterbeast.gif
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great job chantels ;)

Re: knee issues - I have them too and I'm not really sure how to help :( You can google kinesiology taping for knees and try a few of those out and see if it helps? My knees haven't been too bad at the pace I'm running now (4.5 mph) but I also have a really whacky gait due to leg issues in general.

Thanks so much! Will do. Glad to know I'm not alone ;)

Congrats so much to everyone achieving their first 5ks!!!!! I can't wait to get there ;)

Did my wk 4 day 3 yesterday and the usual 10 mile bike ride on non- run days today and had the best ride so far! Knocked 6 minutes off my 10 mile time, 44.40.. All this running, or jogging, lol, has definitely made me stronger.... Today I felt on top of the world, and kicked my husbands butt who was riding with me ;) what a great day! Awesome run Saturday, awesome bike ride Sunday!!! Can't wait to start wk 5 tomorrow!!!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    Completed Wk7D3 tonight. Completed 2.03 miles in a 12:18 pace. Very hot and humid (for SoCal) but I guess it's good practice for the Gulf Coast. Looking forward to Wk8 come Tuesday.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Completed Wk7D3 tonight. Completed 2.03 miles in a 12:18 pace. Very hot and humid (for SoCal) but I guess it's good practice for the Gulf Coast. Looking forward to Wk8 come Tuesday.
    Good pace, especially considering the hot/humid weather.
    I can definitely tell I'm getting stronger.
    Good! :bigsmile:
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 3 done! So excited :D
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I completed W3D3

I really pushed myself to see if I was ready to move on to week 4 on Tues

5 min warm up
    1.5m run/1.5m walk
    3min run/1.5min walk
    5min run/1.5 min walk
    3 min run/3 min walk
    5 min Cool down

Guess I am ready!!!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Just did W9D1, I ran 2.05miles in the 30minutes. THEN I ran for another 18 minutes to finish off 5K. I ran 5K for the first time in 48 minutes! I am so thrilled with myself! Now to just get faster. I have a question. I am going to run my first 5K race in a week, how many days should I not run before the race? I thought I would finish W9D2 on Wed and W9D3 on Friday, then not run again until my race Monday.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    Yesterday I completed W3D3

I really pushed myself to see if I was ready to move on to week 4 on Tues

Guess I am ready!!!

I bet you'll do great!
    If it feels too hard SLOW DOWN, doesn't matter if you think you're just shuffling along. Your body is definetly capable it's just sometimes we have to wrap our minds around it.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    Great job NarneyK!!! Are you ready to graduate next week?
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    Just did W9D1, I ran 2.05miles in the 30minutes. THEN I ran for another 18 minutes to finish off 5K. I ran 5K for the first time in 48 minutes! I am so thrilled with myself! Now to just get faster. I have a question. I am going to run my first 5K race in a week, how many days should I not run before the race? I thought I would finish W9D2 on Wed and W9D3 on Friday, then not run again until my race Monday.

That's an awesome run. I think you'll be fine doing a 5k on Monday after taking the weekend off. Those are your normal rest days right?
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Just completed Week 3, Day 1 today. What a bear! I didn't know if I was ready to do 2 three minute spurts, but I did it!

Now I'm pumped to do it 2 more times this week!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Saturday: 5.3 miles with Week 11, Day 3 of C210K. I finally broke 5 miles!

Today: 5.03 miles with Week 12, Day 1 of C210K. I was slower this morning than on Saturday. I think I'm just more relaxed on Saturday because there isn't anything that I *have* to get to after my run.

I am planning to do Week 12, Day 2 on Wednesday and then Saturday I have a 5K. I will pick up Week 12, Day 3 next Monday.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    Started a diet routine with Myfitnesspal first of July. I have wanted to get back into running since leaving the army back in '01. Just finished W2D1 this morning and besides a little sore, feeling great about it. reading these updates, motivates me more to continue with C25k.

oh, I'm new here..so if there is a better place to post please let me know...thanks
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Well, I completed W3D2 of C25K. It didn't go as well as I would have liked even though I finished it, partially because I went in the late afternoon when my best runs are always late at night and perhaps I was still a bit sore from my personal trainer yesterday. But I did it.