Introductions

Replies

• DonnieFoozball
    DonnieFoozball Posts: 12 Member
    Greetings! I'm fairly new to the get fit concept and hoping to get a significant change over this summer. Hoping to actually get out and enjoy some of the wonderful nature around, ya know?! Oh, and I'm from Rochester.
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Hi - I grew up in the west burbs, went to the U of M for school, and currently live in SW minneapolis. You might see me and my husky running around lake harriet (although lately its been a bit warm for him!).
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Hello, I'm Jenny. I have lived in SW Minnesota, Alexandria, Duluth, Woodbury and now Burnsville. Glad I found this group :)
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    no but i drive by all the time , lol
  • erillyn
    erillyn Posts: 65 Member
    been part of this group for a while and I am not sure if I ever introduced myself! I was born and raised in Isanti for 21 years and I now currently live in the city of Foley (next to St Cloud). Please feel free to add me as well!!!
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    i live in Minnetonka , i have lived all over the twin cities area. Grew up in Brooklyn park . I have lived in brooklyn park , brooklyn center , north mpls -twice , south mpls , coon rapids , Maple Grove, saint louis park , burnsville , bloomington , eagan and now Minnetonka lol
    anyone that wants to add me feel free too !!!!!:wink:
  • Melissa999999
    Melissa999999 Posts: 48 Member
    Hi all! I'm Melissa and currently live in Burnsville. I have also lived in Rochester, Hopkins and Minnetonka. I'm looking for new friends and a possible work out buddy.
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm from St Paul and have mostly stayed here. My friends live in the Oakdale-Woodbury-Maplewood area so I'm in the east metro a lot. I'd love to have new MN fps and workout buddies!
  • KathySRW
    KathySRW Posts: 21 Member
    Hi I live in New Brighton, and work in North Minneapolis. I keep taking up, then stopping, running, but I'm back at it , this summer. I've run in several local 5-Ks , The Susan G Komen at the Mall of America, The Frozen 5K with the St. Paul Winter Carnival, the 5-k that goes with the Twin Cities Marathon, and a couple of St. Paul Jewish Community Center Dreidel Dash 5-Ks. ,
    I'm in process of quitting an LA Fitness gym, but plan to join a Lifetime Fitness in the fall.
    I also love walking and like finding good Twin Cities places to walk, like Summit Avenue, Minnehaha Parkway, around Lake Como,etc.
    I was disappointed to meet with my doctor and physical therapist, recently, and find that weight lifting and crunches are out, due to arthritis in my upper spine. I'm 48 so maybe that shouldn't be too surprising.
    Why is the Minneapolis Diagonal Trail listed on the Grand Rounds map...but does not actually connect to Grand Rounds at all? Just wondering.
    I got a myfitness pal dot com account several months ago, updated it faithfully, lost 4 of the 25 pounds it's my goal to use...then just stopped updating it, and gained some back. So this week I went back to updating my fitnesspal. and this time I'm adding friends, maybe it will keep me more motivated.
    I love my couch and my tv and my computer & need to make the effort to get out there when I can.
  • jcdynan
    jcdynan Posts: 11 Member
    Hello All!!!!

Jennifer from Blaine here. Been in north metro going on 20 years. Born in Chicago Area and moved to St.Paul in young teens with family.

Got a lot of work to do and nothing but time to do it. Time will keep clicking away either way. Best to make it work for me!

Love new friends. Feel free to add me.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Hi there -

I'm in White Bear Lake. I've been looking for a Meetup group or something similar for local support. Perhaps this will do it!
  • Hello . I currently live in Coon Rapids and work in Plymouth. Looking for a diet buddy, NO MOTIVATION!!!
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Hello fellow Minnesotans. I live in the northern metro. Using MFP for some inspiration/motivation assistance and a way to track my diet and exercise that wont get lost or forgotten at work/car/messy house :)
  • bkroells
    bkroells Posts: 27 Member
    Total Newbie to the Message Boards, but looking for some inspiring buddies and someone to work out with at Life Time Fitness in Chanhassen :)
  • Hello all!

I'm originally from Coon Rapids but currently live in the Saint Cloud area! Glad to see Minnesota representation on this site!
  • depuydt2011
    depuydt2011 Posts: 46 Member
    I'm orginally from Rural Eagle Lake but now I live in Delavan. I've also lived in Marshall and briefly in St. Cloud.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    What part of Alaska?
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    I've replied to this thread before, but I have a new name so I'll introduce myself again with new details.

I'm a substitute teacher in Minneapolis holding out for a "real job" in the district.
  • nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    Hello, my name is Heather - I grew up in Bloomington & have lived in St Louis Park now for 17 years. I have been on this healthy path since January 2013 and making good progress. I typically workout in my basement - I like kettlebells, stationary or traditional biking, and I can't believe I'm saying this - I am beginning to like running (NEVER thought I would say that....ever). Anyone feel free to add me...and I am certainly open to a meet-up in the cities too!
  • rhye
    rhye Posts: 104 Member
    Hi! I've been living in Minnesota for 9 years now. I live on the east side of St. Paul. I'm originally from D.C. but came here for grad school and stuck.