Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Just picked up C25K again to help with my fitness for my upcoming tough mudder. Picked up where I left off and last night I did W2D2 and managed to knock about 2 minutes off my previous time for the 3mile loop I run it on. I was running for a bit with Zombies! Run, but I'm going to stick to C25K now.
    I should finish just before the mudder if I don't have to repeat any days.
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    So far I'm up to week 4 day 2! Didnt go tonight because my lady business has got me crampy and achy. Lol. Will start again on Tuesday. Mowing grass tomorrow (Thursday), then driving 12 hours for a wedding this weekend! So, Tuesday will be the day :) My distance and speed is increasing :) Very happy! Not quite 5k but Im getting there!
  • micqs
    Options
    Just picked up C25K again to help with my fitness for my upcoming tough mudder. Picked up where I left off and last night I did W2D2 and managed to knock about 2 minutes off my previous time for the 3mile loop I run it on. I was running for a bit with Zombies! Run, but I'm going to stick to C25K now.
    I should finish just before the mudder if I don't have to repeat any days.

I love Zombies! Run!!!!!!!!
  • taeliesyn
    Options

I love Zombies! Run!!! for something different, though I find I'm 'scared' to run at any other time besides when I actually have the zombies chasing me as I know there is no way I could speed up enough to evade them if a chase started whilst I was running.
  • micqs
    Options

I love Zombies! Run!!! for something different, though I find I'm 'scared' to run at any other time besides when I actually have the zombies chasing me as I know there is no way I could speed up enough to evade them if a chase started whilst I was running.

I havent turned on the zombie chase feature on it yet. Not that confident in my running abilities.. Id actually probably be the first to die if an actual zombie apocalypse broke out
  • taeliesyn
    Options

I havent turned on the zombie chase feature on it yet. Not that confident in my running abilities.. Id actually probably be the first to die if an actual zombie apocalypse broke out

I'm not far into it. I powerwalk for most and then run when the zombies chase. I've been caught once and that was on my first or second day, about 2 miles in and with a shoe failure (75% of the sole was coming away LOL. I was cheering myself on with every second stride) The zombies chasing give good motivation to keep moving though.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Any of the ladies out there that love to wear high heels? Here is a video that shows you how high heels can lead to horrible foot problems later in life:

http://www.runnersworld.com/health/yup-high-heels-are-horrible-for-your-feet
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I did my first 60 minute run without walking this morning!!! (Zen Labs c210k W14D1)

4 months ago when I started c25k, I remember being discouraged that 60 seconds felt difficult, and now I can run for 60+ minutes, and I absolutely love it!

If you're feeling down on yourself because the first few days/weeks/whatever are tough for you, remember that it will get better! I'm not saying you'll end up loving to run like I do, and there's nothing wrong with that, but your fitness will improve and it won't feel so difficult as that happens. You'll be amazed at how much your body can do. Also remember that with each step, you're doing better for your health than if you stayed home and did nothing. Be proud of yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I did my first 60 minute run without walking this morning!!! (Zen Labs c210k W14D1)

4 months ago when I started c25k, I remember being discouraged that 60 seconds felt difficult, and now I can run for 60+ minutes, and I absolutely love it!

If you're feeling down on yourself because the first few days/weeks/whatever are tough for you, remember that it will get better! I'm not saying you'll end up loving to run like I do, and there's nothing wrong with that, but your fitness will improve and it won't feel so difficult as that happens. You'll be amazed at how much your body can do. Also remember that with each step, you're doing better for your health than if you stayed home and did nothing. Be proud of yourself! :flowerforyou:

:bigsmile: :love:

(I wish there was a smiley with clapping hands!)
    Great job!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

AWESOME!!! It is great to look back at where you were. Especially when runs are really hard and you feel discouraged. Looking back makes you see just how much you have accomplished!!! Great job! Keep it up!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Well today was weigh in day. Still on my plateau. Actually was up .4lbs. :-( But I decided that I am not going to worry about that right now. focus on my running and exercise program while eating well and skip the scale for a while (if I can!).

so today's run went like this: RunDouble Update I completed C25K Week 8 Day 2 (2.84 miles), in 33:07, pace 11:40 min/mile, with @RunDouble 2.84 miles in 33:07, speed 5.14 mph

Although I was pushing the stroller today I decided to run a little longer. I almost ran a complete 5k.... Did with wu/cd, but I'm not counting that. Has to be a run! ;-) I set my app for an open run and couldn't figure out how to change it to CD mode after I finished running. Anyone know how to do that with rundouble?
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great job! :bigsmile:
    I needed to see that. Thanks.

Well today was weigh in day. Still on my plateau. Actually was up .4lbs. :-( But I decided that I am not going to worry about that right now. focus on my running and exercise program while eating well and skip the scale for a while (if I can!).
    That's the way to look at it! Good luck.
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Week 3 is DONE!!! I will stay on it until Tuesday.
  • stellalagerfeld
    Options
    W5D3 completed!! That alone feels like an achievement! :))
  • taeliesyn
    Options
    Great job on the 60 minute run! That's wayyyyy away for me yet!
    W2D3 completed today. I struggled for nearly all of it, but I still managed to complete it.
    3 miles in 36:38 (Including warm up/cool down). Average speed of 7:24min/Km

Now for 2 days rest before starting week 3.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    W2D3 in the books...feeling good, ready to tackle week 3 on Sunday
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just joined this group! I started the program yesterday and got through the first day. How often do I really want to hit the pavement this am again!
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Finished week 7 last night. Can't believe I ran ran 2 miles! I love the continual improvement I see. It helps keep me going when the scale isn't moving. The pounds and inches will come in time, right now it's a good feeling to know I'm getting stronger.

2.03 miles, 25 min, 12:20 min/mile 4.86 mph

Including warm up and cool down
    2.61 miles, 35 min, 13:24 min/mile
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Congratulation to all of you! I love reading these posts!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Finished W3D3 yesterday morning and started doing test runs for W4 last night. Can't believe that I did it! The only problem was the weather. I waited til night, but it was still really warm, and my lungs didn't like that. Plus, I was breathing through my mouth. So, my chest was hot and dry. My calves were hurting and I was trying to find a level road to run on (going through a neighborhood). So, on today's run, I ran in the park, where I know it's level, except for about a small area. Almost gave up on the last 5-minute run, but pushed through it! I think that w rest between workouts, this should be a breeze next time. :bigsmile:

W4D1 (last night's test run)
    2.16 total miles @ 3.8 mph
    without w/u and c/d: 1.58 miles @ 4 mph - longest interval: .39 miles - fastest: 4.7 mph

W4D1 (this morning's test run)
    2.28 total miles @ 4.0 mph
    without w/u and c/d: 1.71 miles @ 4.3 mph - longest interval: .40 miles - fastest: 4.9 mph