Introduce yourself - again

Options

Replies

• FelicityHarris87
    Options
    Hi

I am starting today, no big event that made me start, just randomly decided to weigh myself and found I was 333lbs and I am only 5'3! For ages now I have been withdrawing from others around me, I do not like going out as I am worried about seating (will the chairs have arms) or if there will be an impromptu change of location.

I have set my first goal at 299lbs, 300 would be the 10% but wanted that extra lb in the first one. I have tried dieting before and always wanted the quick fix, but realise it took years to go on and gonna take a while to come off.
  • lmanuel4
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I recently rejoined fitpal, creating a whole new account. I realized my old account had so many successes and failures that it wasn’t going to work for me. I was ready for that fresh start. I am married with 1 son and 1 step daughter. We are active camping, visiting festivals, and swimming. I have recently came to terms with the fact my quality of life is being effected due to my weight. I am 6’0 and closer to 400 then 300. In September of 2008 I have bariatric surgery, specifically a Lap Band implanted. I quickly lost 120 lbs. I also quickly became pregnant. By the time I had my son I was more than ¾ the way to my pre surgery weight. After having my son my Lap Band began to act differently. I suffered many of the bad side effects that you may have heard of. This included pain when eating and basically forced bulimia. I couldn’t eat anything remotely healthy for me or it would become “stuck”. I began binge eating when I was having good days and on bad days I ate bad foods that I knew I could get down. I became a real bad emotionally issue for me. I felt trapped and my insurance would not take it out. I continued to gain weight steadily. In May 2012 I want 4 days without oral hydration or nutrition due to complications from the band. I was then transferred to a specialty hospital where my band was removed. I was instantly relieved, but I also made bad decisions. I was being able to eat things I hadn’t eaten in years, steak a lot of steak. I passed off the ice cream I was eating to sustain for BBQ, pasta, bread, vegetables, and so much more. I gained quickly. At this point I am at my highest weight I have ever been. I am 24 years old and I can barely get out of bed from pain. I have to force myself and medicate to keep moving. I want that to change. I want to change. I have been walking at work for lunch instead of sitting at my desk. Today I hurt so bad, I just kept repeating to myself, that no one else feels pain like this for walking short distances. I finished my way, and I am ready for the next one. It can only get easier from here.
  • rebeccafcr
    rebeccafcr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Rebecca from the UK. I'm 30 and I currently weigh 28 stones (392 pounds)
    I've always been big, but am currently at my biggest. I put 2 stone on in the last 5 months. I had been loosing weight and doing well, with diet and exercise, but then my mum was really poorly in hospital from February and I was off work looking after her post suergery when she came out in March, so my training and diet went out the window from Feb to July so the weight I lost and more went back on.

I'm back on the training now. I've been following weight watchers but have decided to switch to calorie counting instead. Seems to make more sense with seeing what i'm burning off at the gym each day.

Support is the key, so thats why I came on here :)

I have a cruise booked in October, now whilst I know I can't work miracles in less than 2 months, i'd be thrilled to lose 2 stone (28 pounds), then i'll be able to fit into the clothes I wore on my last cruise in Nov 2011 and i'll be happy with that, and comfortable enough.

Switching to calories i've been unsure what to stick to to try and lose weight, but i've gone for 1900 per day, with a minimum of 4 gym sessions per week burning a minimum 1000 calories off each time. Although between now and the cruise, i'm trying my best to get to the gym each day.

Good luck everyone :)
  • comeinalone
    Options
    Hello,

I'm Jessie and I'm 29, turning 30 on Halloween. I am studying to be a marriage and family therapist. I believe that taking care of your mental health is also important to being physically healthy. All of my life I have always been big but I was always active and healthy. As long as I stayed in the 200-250lbs range I could run back and forth across a soccer field, walk everywhere, do multiple hours a day at the gym, etc. I always had low cholesterol, low blood pressure, etc so I was basically healthy. Had I been surrounded by awesome body positive people from early on, I'd probably still be maintaining that lifestyle. However, I grew up with my grandmother, who always used to tell me that I would never find love or be happy unless I was thin. For years she beat into my head that my happiness and future love was tied into how much I weighed, since I already suffered from depression this just made things worse. About eight years ago my weight just started climbing, I was just getting unhappier and dealing with so much stress, pain, etc.

Anyway, long story short, two years ago I met the love of my life. A truly incredible man that makes me feel amazing inside and out. He has been such an incredible support and he is proof positive that my grandmother was wrong. I could find love and happiness without having to be thin. Our relationship has made me realize that I need to get back to my 200-250 weight range. Especially, since I want to have a baby with him, look and feel great in my wedding dress when we walk down the aisle October 2014. But losing weight for me has been more than just about eating better and exercising, I've had to work on my mental health and dig deep into a lot of whats prevented me from maintaining health.

I'm here to make new friends and build a support network, losing weight is always best when you have supportive and amazing friends.
  • MaryZZZZ
    MaryZZZZ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mary and I'm coming back to the fold. Fell off the radar during a divorce and job changes, etc. Now at 58 I'm at 300 lbs. My knees and feet hurt and I need to make some changes in lifestyle. I'm a little whiny because I travel a lot for a living and commute 2 hours a day when I'm in the office so my usual excuse is no time and I'm too tired to exercise. I know if I make some changes in my habits I'll feel better and have more energy but wow...getting back on the horse is tough. We all have challenges from kids to work to time to $, so any encouragement is welcome! Thanks everyone!
  • AnnMariePyke
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Ann-Marie and I joined MFP last week. I'm from Leeds, England and a high school science teacher. My husband and I have recently found out that we are unable to have children after trying for over four years. I need to lose around 10 stone/140lbs to qualify for fertility treatment, but having been overweight all my life I have no idea what this will feel like or even what I will look like so this is a leap into the unknown!! I've embarked on a clean eating plan, joined the gym and hired a personal trainer; so far I've lost 18lbs over the last 5 weeks. I know there is a long road ahead but I am positive and excited about what the future holds. If anyone has any tips or advice it would be great to hear them. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and the best of luck in achieving your goals :)
  • Brandon130
    Options
    My name is Brandon Gates, I technically joined MFP a few years ago.. but I fell off the MFP bandwagon and never really put in an honest effort to get back into it. Years on and several pounds later, I think I might have found a good motivation to keep consistent with the concepts, tools, and social aspects that MFP has to offer.

So again, my name is Brandon, I'm 22 years old, and I had reached my maximum weight at 382 lbs. I currently weigh around the 360-370 range (will have to get an exact number for you guys when I go into work today haha). My best friend is getting married in March of 2014, and I would like to be a much lighter, healthier person by then. Realistically, I know I'm not going to hit anywhere near my ultimate weight loss goal by then (I want to focus on healthy!), but dropping at least some weight before then would be good haha.

I hope to meet and get to know lots of amazing people on here, I am a bit of a social butterfly and love getting to meet new people and develop friendships. Thanks for taking the time to read all of this!
  • Swingdeva
    Swingdeva Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm Mik, I'm a 30 woman and married to a wonderful man. I joined MPF a while ago but it didn't stick. I am re-comitting, so that I can be healthier overall, but figure this time I need friends to keep at it. Please feel free to add me and encourage and I'll try and return the favor.
  • lindseydavis07
    lindseydavis07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

My name is Lindsey, I’m 29, 5'11, starting weight was 375. I have been a member of MFP in the past but it didn't stick. I’m back after reaching that horrible number and I’m already down 34lbs since June 25!! I log every day and try to work out at least 5 days a week! My goal weight is about 150 :)

Feel free to add me! I’m on daily and love getting/giving support!! :) Good luck everyone!!
  • glenclouser
    glenclouser Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I am Glen. SW-477, CW-429, GW-190. I am new to the group. I am 38 yrs old, married to a hot and sweet woman and have 2 outstanding young boys that I am so proud of! I am starting a new job in 2 weeks and am very grateful as I have been out of work for a few months.
    I have been using MFP for about 2 and a half months. I love it! I appreciate all the motivation and support I get from the friends I have made here. I look forward to making the journey with you all. Never turning back. Not ever!

:)
    Glen
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined the group a month ago, after I decided I needed to do something about my weight and my health in June and started coming to MFP. Since then I've lost 30 pounds, which is OK for 10 weeks. I'm currently training for a 5K in October -- well actually two, but that's another story -- but first have to get up to doing 3 miles at a time.

I've been using MFP since June and am trying to have a baby (doing an IVF cycle now). Every doctor has stressed losing weight, so I finally did it. After I lost the 30 pounds I thought, "What took me so long?"

I think my highest weight was around 320 last year, but I stopped weighing myself until June of this year when I found out I was 313. Now I'm 283 (I'm 5'7") and looking forward to hitting below 250. My knees will appreciate it!
  • carofenice1
    Options
    Hello, I am Caro, 47yrs old and based in the UK. Would really love to make some weight-loss buddies as we are here for the long haul! I have lost 40lbs since my heaviest but have 133 to go. Determined to get fit and healthy
    Hope you are all having a great day
  • jemethyst
    jemethyst Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I so often forget to look at this thread, but today noticed several new members have joined in the past month or so.... Just wanted to say "Welcome! And best of luck on your new journey!
  • sarahyourprincess
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sarah, I'm 30 recently separated, and thought it was time to start working on me in this time. I'm a mental health nurse and I'm working on making healthier choices. It's time to start doing what I preach :P
  • Nikiloose
    Options
    Hi my name is Niki,I have struggled with weight loss all my life. I have lots of weight to lose and sure could use some help and encouragement along the way . Blessing Niki
  • tryingeveryday
    tryingeveryday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Rachel. I am back from too long being off of here. I have gained so much weight. I am hoping to lose weight this time for real. I am 31 year old woman and I would really love to meet some people on here that would be encouraging and help me to stay motivated. If that is you please send me a message and see if we can help each other out.
  • SucculentGoddess
    SucculentGoddess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I am Carol from Western Australia
    I am new to this conscious food monitoring ad am loving the insights it gives me
    highest weight is over 450 pounds
    but started MFP end of June this year
    Nice to meet you all
  • lastchanceloser342
    Options
    Hi all, I started my journey in April and my starting weight was 341lbs, I now weigh 291lbs (a loss of 56lbs). I've had ups and downs throughout my journey and at times felt like quitting but have stayed dedicated to losing more and reaching my goal weight for the first time in my life. I am looking to meet anyone who is going through the same struggles, so feel free to add me as your support will be much appreciated and motivating.
  • dlogan762
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Dawn. I'm 38 years old. I currently weigh 372 lbs. I'm not even sure when that happened. I remember when I crossed 300 lbs and I was like...no way I'm going to let this keep going. I've gotta lose weight. And now I'm almost 400 lbs. It's pretty scary. I am considering bariatric surgery at this point. In the meantime I'm working on trying to watch what I eat.

Other stuff about me: I have a 16 year old daughter. I am an avid video game player. I like to sing, go to the theatre, watch scifi movies/tv shows and buy small electronics that I don't need.
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    My name is Nix. I have been on every weight loss program and tried everyting from Doc RX to bee pollen pills. I have always tried to find my "magic diet pill". Well.. all that has gotten me is heaver and heaver! I started this journey at over 400 pounds. I had to finally admit that the only thing that really works is counting calories. Just take in less than you are putting out.
    I have arthritis in my back and degenerative disc disease (says my doc) and arthritis in my knees which makes is hard to do daily activities and move around. I know that if I don't take this weight off I will be house bound in a few years and I'm only 33!! Way to young to be feeling this old!
    I also started to take 2 different kinds of anti-anxiety RXs about 3 times a day to help with my socia phobia and genreal anxiety disorder and panic attacks. It was only after I got on these and got the dosage straightened out that I even WANTED to loose weight!
    I started MFP in June of 2013, but it wasn't untill a few months ago (maybe Aug?) that I got into the social aspect of MFP and since then I have never done better!! I love the motivation and encouragement I get everytime I check in on my newsfeed! I feel like I don't want to let my friends down by going over my calorie goal so that helps me to stay on target. I love being able to encourage others everyday with their daily battles. I'm just so glad I found MFP!! I have actually been ENJOYING this journey so far!
    Thanks for being there everybody!! :flowerforyou: ~~ Nix~~