Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    W2D3 in the books...feeling good, ready to tackle week 3 on Sunday
    Good job! Don't you love the anticipation of the next wk/level?!
    W5D3 completed!! That alone feels like an achievement! :))
    It IS an achievement. 20 minutes straight? Well done.
    Congratulation to all of you! I love reading these posts!
    Me, too. It's nice seeing someone go from not being able to run for 60 seconds in wk 1 to being able to run for an hr straight a few months later. :cry:

Hi all! Just joined this group! I started the program yesterday and got through the first day. How often do I really want to hit the pavement this am again!
    If you're not already there, I bet in a few days, you'll love getting up early to complete that day's workout.

It helps keep me going when the scale isn't moving. The pounds and inches will come in time, right now it's a good feeling to know I'm getting stronger.
    Right! :smile:
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I am new to the C25k program. I just completed my first day on Wednesday. Going for the 2nd day later today. I'll try checking in here. Nice "meeting" you all!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    April 19, I huffed and puffed my way through w1d1. Today, I ran 10k without stopping! If I can do this, so can you!

5 to 10k Week 6, day 1 Stats:

Overall Pace: 11:46 min/mi
    Overall Distance 6.22 mi
    Time: 01:13:10

Total with wu/cd:
    7.02 mi
    705 calories
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!!!

I did week 3, day 3 today. I've been running the trail on our office campus the last 2 weeks. I think next week I will try a local park. Just to mix it up. But first comes week 4, day 1 on Sunday. Looking forward to checking "5 minute jog" off the list of accomplishments!!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Did not run last night (too hot and humid) but I got out there first thing this morning and knocked out Wk8D2. Did 2.08 miles this morning in a 13:27 pace. May have to get used to doing my run it the very early morning to counter act the heat and humidity. Bugger!
  • AmandaForKeeps
    AmandaForKeeps Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    W3D2 done. It was such a mess to get it done today (making arrangements for my kids. I'm a single mom to 3 little ones) Couldn't get out until after noon. It is so steamy, humid, gross outside. I was slow as a snail, but I did it. :)
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    W8D1 done. I'm actually able to maintain a 10 min mile for the whole run. Now to work on a bit more speed to finish in under 30 min.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    April 19, I huffed and puffed my way through w1d1. Today, I ran 10k without stopping! If I can do this, so can you!

5 to 10k Week 6, day 1 Stats:

Overall Pace: 11:46 min/mi
    Overall Distance 6.22 mi
    Time: 01:13:10

Total with wu/cd:
    7.02 mi
    705 calories
    Proud of you.
    Did not run last night (too hot and humid) but I got out there first thing this morning and knocked out Wk8D2. Did 2.08 miles this morning in a 13:27 pace. May have to get used to doing my run it the very early morning to counter act the heat and humidity. Bugger!
    Nice stats! Can't wait til I have that endurance. I'm thinking the same thing about the morning runs. Waiting for the cooler weather to kick in so that I can run whenever I want.
  • LMJS
    LMJS Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Did W2/D3 this morning and I'm so pleased to have completed my second week. I'm actually enjoying it too and am looking forward to the start of week 3 on Sunday. :happy:
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Did W4D1 tonight! So far so good, though I occasionally think I'm crazy for thinking I'll ever be able to run 5Ks, then 10Ks, then higher etc. I hear it gets worse starting from week five.
  • bjdavid53
    bjdavid53 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I finished W4D3 last Wednesday, but hurt my back on Thursday. I went to a chiropractor today and he says to give it some time. I hope to get back to C25K in a week or so. I will probably need to go back to W3D1 again, but we'll see.

I was so looking forward to starting W5.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Did W4D1 tonight! So far so good, though I occasionally think I'm crazy for thinking I'll ever be able to run 5Ks, then 10Ks, then higher etc. I hear it gets worse starting from week five.
    It's just a challenge to see if you believe in yourself or if you will give up. It's not bad, just different and demanding, but many before you have been up for it!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Knocked out Wk8D3 this morning. Second morning run in a row and then the third one tomorrow. Should have only been Sat/Sun but since I didn't get out on Thursday I had to pick up Friday. Not hurting or feeling sluggish so I think it'll be ok. Not a big fan of mornings but the weather hasn't broken yet so..... Anyway 2.07 miles this morning with a 13:33 pace.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I completed week 4, day 1 today! I'm so excited that I got the 5 minute run down. And during the last 5 minute set, Queen's " Fat Bottom Girls" came on the playlist. Great motivation to push to the end!
  • AmandaForKeeps
    AmandaForKeeps Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Did W3D3 this morning. Thought I would maybe be a bit faster (not that I am putting to much stock in my speed. I'm thankful to just run when I'm suppose to,lol) because it is much cooler today than it has been in weeks, but no. I was actually the tiniest bit slower than Friday. I was going very very slow at the end of the second 3 min. I haven't looked ahead much but I think there are 5 min increments next week, no? I can't imagine doing two more minutes on the end of that last leg, but I guess we shall see.
    Kids start school Tuesday, so I will start week 4 after drop off.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    RunDouble Update I completed C25K Week 8 Day 3 (3.32 miles), in 35:11, pace 10:35 min/mile, with @RunDouble 3.32 miles in 35:11, speed 5.66 mph Total distance including wu/cd was 3.86 miles and total time of 44 minutes

No stroller today, and the weather was nice and cool! Felt awesome!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Knocked out Wk8D3 this morning. Second morning run in a row and then the third one tomorrow. Should have only been Sat/Sun but since I didn't get out on Thursday I had to pick up Friday. Not hurting or feeling sluggish so I think it'll be ok. Not a big fan of mornings but the weather hasn't broken yet so..... Anyway 2.07 miles this morning with a 13:33 pace.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!
    Wow, you are running every morning??? I have been skipping 2 days between runs and it works the best for me right now, as my cross training is taking it's toll. Would love to run more often, so i might change it up this week!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    W3D1 completed tonight, after the struggle I had to finish the runs on W2D3 I thought it was going to kill me to run for 3 minutes today, but I went out and made it easily through the first set, was hurting by the end of the last set of runs but I kept powering on.

4.77km in 36.17minutes in WU/CD
    Run pace 6.24min/km
    Walk pace 8.44min/km
    So my run is slowing down a little, but at least I'm making the time.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    w3d1 in the books, feeling pretty good-little bit of old man aches and pains..but nothing serious
  • gr8xpectationz
    gr8xpectationz Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm headed out to do C25k, Week 5 Day 2 in about 15 minutes!

This is my first time posting on this forum, and I have a quick question: I've lost 35 pounds and my weight has dropped below 250, but I'm still the slowest runner ever! My quarter-mile time is 4 minutes, so my estimated mile time would be 16 minutes! Many people can walk faster than that. This is okay though, right?