I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I confess I just went to HR on one of my co-workers. The man smells like a week old gym bag all the time... Anytime he comes around I get nausa, I told Hr I felt bad and then they told me that they've recieved multiple complaints on this guy and have spoken to him before

We have a lady at my work like that and they talk to her occasionally and she doesn't smell for a few days and then it comes back again...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I confess I just went to HR on one of my co-workers. The man smells like a week old gym bag all the time... Anytime he comes around I get nausa, I told Hr I felt bad and then they told me that they've recieved multiple complaints on this guy and have spoken to him before

We have a lady at my work like that and they talk to her occasionally and she doesn't smell for a few days and then it comes back again...

I used to worry about myself when it came to this at my work. I work weekends at night and at my job 90% of the time it is sloooooow on Sat/Sun nights. I take advantage of having this downtime to go outside for a walk/jog for 20-30 mins. Those that are runners and are familiar with the Zombies Run! app, it's kind of fun to use at 2-3AM at night.

Anyways, I of course work up a huge sweat and sometimes got self-conscious that I smelled when I return to my desk and for the rest of the night. I would layer on the deodorant thick before and after my runs, bring a clean dry shirt to change to. One of my co-workers wondered why I did it. I explained about how I worried that I was stinky. She laughed and reassured me that I didn't smell.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I am now officially on the disabled list for 4 weeks. Went to dr and ended up being fitted for a boot for my sprain. No sports for 4 more weeks. I might go crazy.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I am now officially on the disabled list for 4 weeks. Went to dr and ended up being fitted for a boot for my sprain. No sports for 4 more weeks. I might go crazy.

Sorry :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

I used to worry about myself when it came to this at my work. I work weekends at night and at my job 90% of the time it is sloooooow on Sat/Sun nights. I take advantage of having this downtime to go outside for a walk/jog for 20-30 mins. Those that are runners and are familiar with the Zombies Run! app, it's kind of fun to use at 2-3AM at night.

Anyways, I of course work up a huge sweat and sometimes got self-conscious that I smelled when I return to my desk and for the rest of the night. I would layer on the deodorant thick before and after my runs, bring a clean dry shirt to change to. One of my co-workers wondered why I did it. I explained about how I worried that I was stinky. She laughed and reassured me that I didn't smell.

I really dont think one workout can make you stink! Body Odour is caused by a build up of bacteria and therefore is caused by 'old' sweat. These people dont shower for days on a trot, hence why it becomes noticeable.

Carry on pumping Cesar!! :bigsmile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

I really dont think one workout can make you stink! Body Odour is caused by a build up of bacteria and therefore is caused by 'old' sweat. These people dont shower for days on a trot, hence why it becomes noticeable.

Carry on pumping Cesar!! :bigsmile:

I used to share a cube (we had 2 desks in 1 cube) with a very obese lady (350+) and she would always smell. One of my co-workers actually threw up after she walked by the co-workers desk. My manager had talks with her and she said it was her heart medicine making her smell. I know she used to take baths not showers (yes she told me that) so I just imagined her sitting in her own stink and it collecting back in the rolls of her skin. They ended up going to HR since the manager talked to her twice about it. Thankfully this is around the time I got my promotion and was able to move desks across the floor from her so I don't know if it got any better.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I know she used to take baths not showers (yes she told me that) so I just imagined her sitting in her own stink and it collecting back in the rolls of her skin.

This is interesting for me to read... old momma's adage is that a shower isn't always good enough; sometimes you just need to soak in the tub to smell better.

Is that not true for the obese?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I know she used to take baths not showers (yes she told me that) so I just imagined her sitting in her own stink and it collecting back in the rolls of her skin.

This is interesting for me to read... old momma's adage is that a shower isn't always good enough; sometimes you just need to soak in the tub to smell better.

The critical part is getting under skin folds.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

The critical part is getting under skin folds.

I have never heard that but for me I never feel "clean" after a bath, I always take a shower to rinse off after it. Think you are scrubbing off your own dirt then sitting in the dirty water. *shudder*
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    With the way my day is going I want to dive into a bowl of ice cream topped with cookie dough and fudge sauce, but since I can't really exercise I can't.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    With the way my day is going I want to dive into a bowl of ice cream topped with cookie dough and fudge sauce,

That just sounds soooooo fun!! I'm going to dream about that tonight.........Yum! :bigsmile:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    With the way my day is going I want to dive into a bowl of ice cream topped with cookie dough and fudge sauce,

That just sounds soooooo fun!! I'm going to dream about that tonight.........Yum! :bigsmile:

Yeah it does...
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I confess that in studio class today I introduced the background of my aria by saying I was mad at the guy for trying to seduce me...in a nice way. How the eff do you try to seduce someone in a nice way?? :laugh:

I also confess that I'm kind of glad my teacher is a bass-baritone. It means that his studio class is mostly comprised of cute men :love:
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I confess that I ate way more than the serving size suggestion for trail mix.........................A 1/4 cup is a load of crap!!!
  • JanieJack
    Options
    I have never heard that but for me I never feel "clean" after a bath, I always take a shower to rinse off after it. Think you are scrubbing off your own dirt then sitting in the dirty water. *shudder*

Didn't know people do that (sit in dirty water).

I grew up overseas, so I'm used to doing like the oriental spas: you shower first, then soak in the hottest water tolerable for about 30-40 minutes. If I have time, then scrub with a pumice. All over the body. Absolutely yummy and leaves you super soft, smooth and clean. At the Korean spa, the lady actually scrubs you down but I get almost the same effect at home using a Mr Pumice bar.

This right here is absolutely a MUST for the "nights in" I hope to be having about this time next year hehe
  • JanieJack
    Options
    I confess that I ate way more than the serving size suggestion for trail mix.........................A 1/4 cup is a load of crap!!!

I know right??? Who eats 1/4 a cup of trail mix??? Not this girl!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I confess that in studio class today I introduced the background of my aria by saying I was mad at the guy for trying to seduce me...in a nice way. How the eff do you try to seduce someone in a nice way?? :laugh:

I also confess that I'm kind of glad my teacher is a bass-baritone. It means that his studio class is mostly comprised of cute men :love:

Erm...which aria? Fiordiligi?? I have had male teachers for years now - it works so much better because they can't just demonstrate, and there tends to be less of the 'my career's over as yours is just beginning' baggage.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

I grew up overseas, so I'm used to doing like the oriental spas: you shower first, then soak in the hottest water tolerable for about 30-40 minutes. If I have time, then scrub with a pumice. All over the body. Absolutely yummy and leaves you super soft, smooth and clean. At the Korean spa, the lady actually scrubs you down but I get almost the same effect at home using a Mr Pumice bar.

This right here is absolutely a MUST for the "nights in" I hope to be having about this time next year hehe

Let's just leave it with baths pretty much disgust me and I only do them when I am doing an epsom salt soak and even after that I need to take a shower.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess my arms are on fire.... Today is leg day though so its ok...Hopefully I will be able to open these heavy steal fire doors throughout my job lol
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Let's just leave it with baths pretty much disgust me and I only do them when I am doing an epsom salt soak and even after that I need to take a shower.

I'm a shower gal too. Can't even remember the last time I had a bath. But agree that baths are nice to share! :bigsmile: