Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Completed W8D1! Surprised myself that I was able to do it, as I haven't run for 3 weeks! Bring on day 2!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Completed W8D1! Surprised myself that I was able to do it, as I haven't run for 3 weeks! Bring on day 2!
    Well done!
    I am on W5D3 tonight... the dreaded 20 min run. Not sure if i am going to be able to run tonight as it is 44c degrees here (110f), and that is too hot for me to run in. I will see later how it goes.

I did run my first km on Sunday! Took me 9.5 minutes but I did it!! Hoping the 20 min run will allow me to do a full 2km... and if not I will push my run until it does

I'm sure you'll make it! I'm glad the C25K program I am doing doesn't make me do the 20min run till W6D3

Did W4D2 today and felt really good! knocked 20-30 seconds off my run pace and 20 seconds off my average.
    4.82km in 35:34 including WU/CD 7:22min/km average
    6:11min/km run pace
    8:26min/kim walk pace
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did Week 13, Day 2 of C210K (about 5.1 miles). :smile:

I plan to do Day 3 tomorrow and then I am onto the last week of C210K.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Did the 20-minute run for the second time and second day in a row. Instead of 4.4 mph like the first time, I was able to increase it to 5.1 mph. Some parts were actually really easy, so I had to check my apps to make sure that I hadn't slowed down. Weird. This is my third day in a row doing C25K. I hope that this will motivate anyone who's scared of the longer runs. The text/pep talk on the app is right. You've trained for five weeks for it. You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did Week 13, Day 2 of C210K (about 5.1 miles). :smile:

I plan to do Day 3 tomorrow and then I am onto the last week of C210K.

You are ROCKIN!
    I'm midway through C25K and I LOVE seeing updates from C210K folks. It gives me motivation. Thanks for sharing.
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    Oh, wow. Great job! Good luck w day 2.
    I am on W5D3 tonight... the dreaded 20 min run. Not sure if i am going to be able to run tonight as it is 44c degrees here (110f), and that is too hot for me to run in. I will see later how it goes.

I did run my first km on Sunday! Took me 9.5 minutes but I did it!! Hoping the 20 min run will allow me to do a full 2km... and if not I will push my run until it does

You did it! Congrats.
    Did W4D2 today and felt really good! knocked 20-30 seconds off my run pace and 20 seconds off my average.
    4.82km in 35:34 including WU/CD 7:22min/km average
    6:11min/km run pace
    8:26min/kim walk pace
    Nice stats and good job with knocking some time off of your averages. :smile:
  • Julie7741
    Julie7741 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I will be running week 4/day 3 tonight... In 9 hours and counting....

On Monday when I ran I got a horrible side stitch... Usually they go away after a few minutes, but it stayed the whole time!!! I think it's because I ran after dinner on a full stomach. Tonight, I will get my run in before I eat- that's for sure!
  • RoslynTaylor
    Options
    I have a samsung galaxy what is the best app for C25K ?
    I use a paper copy and watch my time. I do this on a treadmill while watching tv.
    Would love to get outside now that it is cooler. I am W5D2.

I am not very tecky so I need help.
    Would I have to buy the app? I see so many different ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    PS I am always lapping those on the couch !
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    W4D2--WooHoo

2hz25up.jpg
  • joedfro
    Options
    I use a paper copy and watch my time. I do this on a treadmill while watching tv.

Thanks

I use RunDouble and recommend it, although it costs 1.59 US to go past 2 weeks.

Conversely, I have considered just setting up Runtastic with the intervals as well
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    W4D2--WooHoo

2hz25up.jpg

How did you get that? Is that from the website?

ETA: Oh, okay, you got it from the site. I never knew that they had such detailed stats and maps. Good job on your run, by the way. :)
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Thanks

On my Samsung Galaxy I used the RunDouble C25K app (paid for it) and then their 5 to 10k app (paid for it). I also use it for timed runs outside of the program and distance runs outside of the program (both free). I like it a lot, but it's also the only one I've used.
  • joedfro
    Options
    W4D2--WooHoo

2hz25up.jpg

How did you get that? Is that from the website?

Yes it is I used skitch to capture an image.......from the website you can download a GPX file and upload that to either runtastic or endomondo and those 2 programs connect to myfitnesspal which automatically adds your exercise ....i usually use runtastic but thinking about switching to endomondo as I use those for walks, cycling, or anything else really....but I really like rundouble for C25K

BTW..if anyone is interested in adding as friends, please do so...I log regularly. I'm looking to find some running friends as we don't have much in way of running groups around here.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

Thanks
    Personally, I don't see the point in paying for one when there's plenty of free ones that are just as good (IMO). I used the free Zen Labs c210k app. The first 8 weeks are the c25k program, then the remainder of it is basically 5k to 10k. To track my pace, distance, maps, etc. I use the MapMyRun app, but I've heard great things about RunKeeper too.
  • joedfro
    Options

Thanks
    Personally, I don't see the point in paying for one when there's plenty of free ones that are just as good (IMO). I used the free Zen Labs c210k app. The first 8 weeks are the c25k program, then the remainder of it is basically 5k to 10k. To track my pace, distance, maps, etc. I use the MapMyRun app, but I've heard great things about RunKeeper too.

I agree with Crista...basically with RunKeeper or runtastic you can build your own interval workouts for the walk/run cues...I started with RunDouble and somehow I ended up with the option of adding (1) program for free...looking back I should have chosen the couch to 10K, but once C25K is over, I will just build the workout intervals in the tracking apps off of a website or advice of others
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K this morning!! I'm going to run the full 3.1 miles on Saturday to get a feel for the distance and then on to B210K.

W9D3
    2.40 miles, 30 min, 12:28 min/mile 4.81 mph

Including warm up and cool down
    2.97 miles, 40 min, 13:27 min/mile
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K this morning!! I'm going to run the full 3.1 miles on Saturday to get a feel for the distance and then on to B210K.

W9D3

That's awesome! You're an inspiration, I hope to be on your level soon. Great job! :drinker:
  • mel_2812
    mel_2812 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you all!

Week 5, day 2 for me. Just looking at the 8 minutes runs makes me very scared.
    And I don't feel I will be able to complete de 20 minutes run without walking on Friday...I'll try and I might get surprised...but I found it quite hard running for 5 minutes on Week 5, day 1...can't imagine what tonight will look like and can't even think about Friday.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you all!

Week 5, day 2 for me. Just looking at the 8 minutes runs makes me very scared.
    And I don't feel I will be able to complete de 20 minutes run without walking on Friday...I'll try and I might get surprised...but I found it quite hard running for 5 minutes on Week 5, day 1...can't imagine what tonight will look like and can't even think about Friday.
    You can do it! Just remember to go slow, and there's nothing wrong with repeating some days if you have to.
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options

W9D3

Congrats on your finish!!!! I can't wait to get there... Wk 7 day 2 for me tonight in T minus 4 hours!!!!

Also re: the app question going around, I use C25K lite for android. It was free and I also run my Endomondo at the same time so I can have all the details and it plugs right into MFP.