Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• RoslynTaylor
    Options
    Okay so it is Run Double that I have on my phone at the moment.
    I have tried to sink my HRM to it but no luck.

Just need to figure out how to add music. Where are my kids when I need them :grumble:
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    "At first an ordeal and then accomplishment, the daily run becomes a staple, like break, or wine...or air."
    -- Benjamin Cheever, author and Runner's World contributor
  • mel_2812
    mel_2812 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am so proud! There's absolutely no words to describe how I feel at this time! I was scared of the 8 minutes run..remember?

I did it! Same speed (5.0 mph on treadmill but my Garmin watch says 5.3) same treadmill evelation (1.0) as usual...And it was quite easy too! Monday, my heart rate went up to 180. Today, the higher it went was 176!

I could barely run 1 minute 5 weeks ago and here I am, 5 weeks later, running 8 minutes! That's something else for me let me tell ya! I hadtears of joy, looking at my boyfriend besides me, big smile on my face saying "Have you seen what I've accomplished? I just did it!"

If you told me 5 weeks ago that I would run for 8 whole minutes on September 11 2013, I would of laugh in your face, telling you "you're one crazy thing".

Friday is week 5, day 3 day. I'm scared, but I'm more and more confident that i can do it!

If I can, you can too!!! From time to time it was very very hard, but just keep going, talk to yourself and you'll be there in no time! Trust me!

:)
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I completed W8D1 today (jog for 25 min)! Only 2 more sessions before I'm done/Run 5K app), and only NOW am I confident that I can and will finally get to 30 minutes :bigsmile:

Though for some reason the Polar Personal Trainer site did not receive the data today (Polar H7)?? Not sure why when it was clearly working on the Polar Beat iPhone app... Did anyone else have this problem today by any chance?
  • RoslynTaylor
    Options
    Congrats Mel :happy:

A year ago I remember that feeling. We really need to believe in ourselves.

Unfortunately I stopped running and didn't finish the C25K. Big mistake.

But I am back... strangely enough I thought I would have to start at the beginning but after a year of getting myself in shape I was able to come back at week 5. I was hoping I could do it and I did. It wasn't easy and I had to talk myself into it.
    If we could just shut off the brain.

Anyways just wanted to say Congratulations and be proud of yourself.. most of all keep going and don't quit.

fellow runner
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I am so proud! There's absolutely no words to describe how I feel at this time! I was scared of the 8 minutes run..remember?

I did it! Same speed (5.0 mph on treadmill but my Garmin watch says 5.3) same treadmill evelation (1.0) as usual...And it was quite easy too! Monday, my heart rate went up to 180. Today, the higher it went was 176!

I could barely run 1 minute 5 weeks ago and here I am, 5 weeks later, running 8 minutes! That's something else for me let me tell ya! I hadtears of joy, looking at my boyfriend besides me, big smile on my face saying "Have you seen what I've accomplished? I just did it!"

If you told me 5 weeks ago that I would run for 8 whole minutes on September 11 2013, I would of laugh in your face, telling you "you're one crazy thing".

Friday is week 5, day 3 day. I'm scared, but I'm more and more confident that i can do it!

If I can, you can too!!! From time to time it was very very hard, but just keep going, talk to yourself and you'll be there in no time! Trust me!

:)

That's awesome. I'm so happy for you. :cry:
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K this morning!! I'm going to run the full 3.1 miles on Saturday to get a feel for the distance and then on to B210K.

W9D3
    2.40 miles, 30 min, 12:28 min/mile 4.81 mph

Including warm up and cool down
    2.97 miles, 40 min, 13:27 min/mile

Congrats!
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bummed. Woke up this morning to a severe thunderstorm and down pour. Today's run will have to be postponed until tomorrow. Safety first I guess.
    W3D3 tomorrow.
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to check in today and say that I finished Week 5, Day 3. I started it, but definitely didn't finish. The heat killed me. I didn't want to chance waiting to run this afternoon/evening because we are expecting storms.

But, in keeping a positive attitude, I did not start walking until after I hit the halfway point. That means I ran more than 10 minutes without stopping. That's a big accomplishment for me!

This is the first workout that I will have to re-do. I'll do it this weekend and go out nice and early and I will rock it!
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I could barely run 1 minute 5 weeks ago and here I am, 5 weeks later, running 8 minutes! That's something else for me let me tell ya! I hadtears of joy, looking at my boyfriend besides me, big smile on my face saying "Have you seen what I've accomplished? I just did it!":)

Congratulations!!! That's so cool. My husband just sits on the couch and says "ahuh" when I say something like I did it, or when I think I kicked my time's butt :) LOL
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    Bummed. Woke up this morning to a severe thunderstorm and down pour. Today's run will have to be postponed until tomorrow. Safety first I guess.
    W3D3 tomorrow.

That just means that you have an extra rest day, which means that you'll kick butt on your next run. :wink:
    I was hoping to check in today and say that I finished Week 5, Day 3. I started it, but definitely didn't finish. The heat killed me. I didn't want to chance waiting to run this afternoon/evening because we are expecting storms.

But, in keeping a positive attitude, I did not start walking until after I hit the halfway point. That means I ran more than 10 minutes without stopping. That's a big accomplishment for me!

This is the first workout that I will have to re-do. I'll do it this weekend and go out nice and early and I will rock it!
    I wouldn't consider it a re-do in a bad way. You couldn't finish bc of the heat, and you were halfway there. Just consider it practice. :smile:
  • dhvozza
    dhvozza Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Finished W4 last night! It is getting easier :) Ready to start week 5!

I am going to try a 2K next weekend called the Living Dead Dash, where you get chased by zombies, LOL!
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    w8, d2. so hot in the gym. such a horrible time running. I wanted to quit literally in minute 2 of my 28 :( I pushed ALL the way through it, sweating like crazy and feeling sick to my stomach. I hope it cools down a bit and/or I can convince complex owners to put fans in the small gym, sheesh.

2 "official" runs left until I complete the program. still not running a full 3.1 miles but will start doing the c2-10k app and lengthen my running times until I feel comfortable going my pace :)
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Finished W4 last night! It is getting easier :) Ready to start week 5!

I am going to try a 2K next weekend called the Living Dead Dash, where you get chased by zombies, LOL!

way to go! and that sounds FUN... ish :p
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    "At first an ordeal and then accomplishment, the daily run becomes a staple, like break, or wine...or air."
    -- Benjamin Cheever, author and Runner's World contributor

Yes, exactly (except the wine part. :laugh: ). I should take a rest day, but I haven't. I caught the running bug. :bigsmile:
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone who's still plugging along!
    I wish we had stuff like the Living Dead Dash here in West Aus.

W4D3 done tonight
    4.8km in 35:05 including WU/CD and some extra walking
    Average Pace 7:19min.km
    Run Pace 6:06min/km
    Walk Pace 8:24min/km
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Last day of W3 today! Wow! Wasn't sure I would make it out the door, but once I got going it was no problem. I started a new workout using Slim in 6 and am feeling achey and sore all over. So running was a little scary at first. Once I stretched out my muscles, it was no problem. I was going to do W3 over again, I think because I'm not mentally ready to move to 5 mins. But, I think I will. I need to push myself out of the comfort zone to succeed.
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I completed Week 4, Day 1 last night and I struggled with it. I think I struggled more with the heat and the humidity than breathing or tired legs and I also think that I went too fast in the begginning so I will probably slow it down a little on my run tomorrow.

I came really close to wanting to slow to a walk in the last run but I just kept going. I was soooo relieved to hear slow to walk to cool down. I really could have jumped for joy. I LOVE this App.

I feel like a milliona dollars today and I am so looking forward to my run tomorrow - knowing it will be much cooler.
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    W6D2 completed this morning before 6am. I am NOT a morning person. I had to get up an hour early.... could not fit in 30 minutes any other time today. But I enjoyed this run best so far. The sky was twinkling with the most stars I have ever seen, no cars, only a couple neighbors on their porches having morning java and weren't awake enough to pay any attention to me. The chill on my bare arms was energizing!
    NSV - prioritized my health and fitness ahead of sleeping in and ahead of cleaning the kitchen. WIN!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 13, Day 3 yesterday. 5.75 miles total.

I only have one week left in the C210K program!