Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• AmandaForKeeps
    AmandaForKeeps Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    W6D2 completed this morning before 6am. I am NOT a morning person. I had to get up an hour early.... could not fit in 30 minutes any other time today. But I enjoyed this run best so far. The sky was twinkling with the most stars I have ever seen, no cars, only a couple neighbors on their porches having morning java and weren't awake enough to pay any attention to me. The chill on my bare arms was energizing!
    NSV - prioritized my health and fitness ahead of sleeping in and ahead of cleaning the kitchen. WIN!

Sounds amazing!!! ( I am a morning person, though,lol). Good for you that you woke up and got er done!
  • AmandaForKeeps
    Options
    I finished Week 13, Day 3 yesterday. 5.75 miles total.

I only have one week left in the C210K program!

That is so awesome!! I only hope I can run that long some day. How long does it take to run almost 6 miles? I have all these dreams of running longer runs some day, but I never really thought about the fact that the time required will be longer (not that I wouldn't go to ridiculous measures to find it, lol).
  • AmandaForKeeps
    Options
    Did W5D2 this morning. The weather is much much cooler than it has been since I started jogging in May. I don't know if that is why this run felt much better to me or what, but I am totally ready for Sunday (W5D3). I sort of felt like the walk interval was a nuisance and I ran for an additional minute at the end of the second run interval and felt like I could have done more (I was farther than 5 minutes from my house and still did the proper cool down and then some).

Does anyone listen to audio books while running? I listen to them while I work. This morning I listened to my morning radio, which is 90% chatting and found that I was laughing while I was running and I totally lost track of time. I'm wondering now, if I might like audio books. Time always seems to fly when I'm working and listening. I think I'll give it a try on Sunday.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    I struggled to get going today...ran through the cooldown to make up for being sluggish, but W4D3 is finished

169gfwk.jpg
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I struggled to get going today...ran through the cooldown to make up for being sluggish, but W4D3 is finished

169gfwk.jpg

what app is this?
  • joedfro
    Options
    RunDouble...but the screenshot is from the website.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am so behind! After my heel pain last week, and then this week it has been lingering, and I haven't done any C25k due to heel pain and a ridiculously busy schedule. Hopefully back on track this weekend.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    RunDouble...but the screenshot is from the website.

I have been using RunDouble since April and never looked at the website before today. Thanks! It's great!
  • BeagleHQ
    Options
    Hey all,

I have been working on this program for a few weeks but just joined this group today. I had a TERRIBLE run yesterday W4D3 so I am planning to repeat it in a few days. I will just do a short run and mostly walking in between. I just read something about de-training in 3 days, and I suspect that was part of my problem.

I hope to get to know some of you here.

Julie
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My wk7D2 run Wednesday sucked also. I got a phonecall in the middle so I was stressed it was work and had to turn around so I could get home and check the voicemail. It also felt like there was lead in my legs and I had to tell my head to shut up and that I was going to finish it no matter what! 25 minutes may not have been pretty, but I did it and not a milisecond more!!!! Saturday am runs are my favorite, so I am very much looking forward to tomorrow to make up for Wednesday!
  • joedfro
    Options
    First of all, welcome Julie...

Maybe this was just a crappy run week across the board... I will say I am looking forward to W5D3 next week and im very excited for it, seems like it'll take forever for these 7 days to pass.

But the best news: I have signed up for a 5k--so it's real now!
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just completed W8D2. Was a pretty good run, and looking forward to finishing day 3!
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just did a 5k fun run and did It in 42:00. The strange thing is that about half way through my feet felt like they fell asleep. That slowed me down a bit. My feet didn't hurt, they just felt strange. I'm not sure what that was about, but It went away during my cool down walk. Next week it's on to B210K.

7 weeks ago I signed up for my first 5k and I had to enter a time estimate. I was completely guessing and put in 42:00. It's a bit ironic that the very first time I run the full distance (was doing the timed version of C25K) that I hit that number exactly.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I did W3D1 today and I felt accomplished for the first time with this program! A 3 minute run really doesn't sound like much now, but earlier today it sounded insane. I completed it with no problems and even ran the 'cooldown' before doing a real cooldown :smile:
    I'm really beginning to ENJOY running.. never thought I'd say that!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I just did a 5k fun run and did It in 42:00.
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:
    Last day of W3 today! Wow! Wasn't sure I would make it out the door, but once I got going it was no problem. I started a new workout using Slim in 6 and am feeling achey and sore all over. So running was a little scary at first. Once I stretched out my muscles, it was no problem. I was going to do W3 over again, I think because I'm not mentally ready to move to 5 mins. But, I think I will. I need to push myself out of the comfort zone to succeed.

Yep. Sometimes, getting out the door (or out of the bed) is the hardest part. And, yes, push yourself to do wk 4 and not repeat wk 3. They're very similar, anyway. Most of the remaining wks overlap. You're doing 3 mins in wks 3 and 4, 5 mins in wks 4 and 5, and 8 mins in wks 5 and 6. I believe that's intentional, to get you used to the few extra minutes that you'll add that wk. So, in my mind, you're really getting extra practice. You don't want to keep repeating a wk just bc you're scared of the *thought* of a longer run. :smile: Go for it, and if you can't finish, walk it out until you've recovered. Good luck. Can't wait to read that you did it!
    I completed Week 4, Day 1 last night and I struggled with it. I think I struggled more with the heat and the humidity than breathing or tired legs and I also think that I went too fast in the begginning so I will probably slow it down a little on my run tomorrow.

I came really close to wanting to slow to a walk in the last run but I just kept going. I was soooo relieved to hear slow to walk to cool down. I really could have jumped for joy. I LOVE this App.

I feel like a milliona dollars today and I am so looking forward to my run tomorrow - knowing it will be much cooler.
    Woo hooo! On to wk 5. I'm glad that you kept going. :smile:
    It also felt like there was lead in my legs and I had to tell my head to shut up and that I was going to finish it no matter what! 25 minutes may not have been pretty, but I did it and not a milisecond more!!!! Saturday am runs are my favorite, so I am very much looking forward to tomorrow to make up for Wednesday!
    :laugh: Yesterday or the day before, I was running and wanted to quit bc my legs were so heavy, and then I thought about what you posted about telling your legs that they can't give up. It made me laugh and I kept going. Thanks. :smile:
  • mel_2812
    mel_2812 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Yessterday was W5D3...the famous 20 minutes run! I was stressing all day about it.
    So, I had put some music on and promised myself to not look at the time and concentrate on my music.
    Which I did.
    I was almost ready to give up, too hot, too sweaty, heart racing (but it wasn't really, the max it went was 174...last week, I had hit 177-178), legs aching and burning, I told to myself ''Oh, let's look how much time I still have to go before calling it quit''
    I read 4:23...I was running for over 15 minutes without noticing it!!! It kept me motivated until the end!

It was hard, but I did it!
    I guess it's going to be easier by the days/weeks go by!

Today, my legs are hurting a bit...but in a good way :)
    Going to the Spa and having a massage...gift from me to me, well deserved!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Yessterday was W5D3...the famous 20 minutes run! I was stressing all day about it.
    So, I had put some music on and promised myself to not look at the time and concentrate on my music.
    Which I did.
    I was almost ready to give up, too hot, too sweaty, heart racing (but it wasn't really, the max it went was 174...last week, I had hit 177-178), legs aching and burning, I told to myself ''Oh, let's look how much time I still have to go before calling it quit''
    I read 4:23...I was running for over 15 minutes without noticing it!!! It kept me motivated until the end!

It was hard, but I did it!
    I guess it's going to be easier by the days/weeks go by!

Today, my legs are hurting a bit...but in a good way :)
    Going to the Spa and having a massage...gift from me to me, well deserved!

You deserve that gift!

When I did my 20-min run, for once, I didn't have my music on. LOL. I was shocked that I did it w/o music. It's bc I was so deep into thinking about how I was going to finish it, kind of like when you're driving and are lost, you have to turn the music down to concentrate. :laugh:

And, yes, it will get easier as the wks progress, especially as it gets cooler. Good luck.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I have been working on this program for a few weeks but just joined this group today. I had a TERRIBLE run yesterday W4D3 so I am planning to repeat it in a few days. I will just do a short run and mostly walking in between. I just read something about de-training in 3 days, and I suspect that was part of my problem.

I hope to get to know some of you here.

Julie

Welcome Julie!
    Honestly even if it was a bad run, if you made it through the actual program just press on!
    I had what felt like a shocking run on W4D1, half cramped leg and all (From the warm up!) but I persevered and made it through, so continued onto the next day where I knocked all my paces down by about 30 seconds.
    I feel if you make it through the day/run as the program dictates, regardless of how terrible it felt or how slow it was then move onto the next day. Otherwise you can end up in a loop of repeating until it feels good.

Part of running (and almost anything else) is taking the bad days with the good and keeping going!
  • madmiss
    Options
    It also felt like there was lead in my legs and I had to tell my head to shut up and that I was going to finish it no matter what! 25 minutes may not have been pretty, but I did it and not a milisecond more!!!! Saturday am runs are my favorite, so I am very much looking forward to tomorrow to make up for Wednesday!
    :laugh: Yesterday or the day before, I was running and wanted to quit bc my legs were so heavy, and then I thought about what you posted about telling your legs that they can't give up. It made me laugh and I kept going. Thanks. :smile:
    [/quote]

^^^^^^^
    That's so great!!!! I have to tell myself that usually at least once a week ;) Im glad it helped!!!!

W7 done!!!! I've gotten about 5 seconds faster each run this month so I am very happy, even though I'm terrified of being last in the 5k I'm doing on oct 5!!! It's not easy, but it's so worth it!!!!
  • madmiss
    Options
    I just did a 5k fun run and did It in 42:00. The strange thing is that about half way through my feet felt like they fell asleep. That slowed me down a bit. My feet didn't hurt, they just felt strange. I'm not sure what that was about, but It went away during my cool down walk. Next week it's on to B210K.

7 weeks ago I signed up for my first 5k and I had to enter a time estimate. I was completely guessing and put in 42:00. It's a bit ironic that the very first time I run the full distance (was doing the timed version of C25K) that I hit that number exactly.

That's s great!!!!! Congrats!!!