I confess- Single Peeps version

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    I confess it wonderful to have your super picky grouchy boss say they noticed that you lost weight
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I confess that I'm single for less then a week and already the sharks (guys) are circling.... People I haven't heard from the whole time I was dating the ex are not trying to hit me up for the weekend..SOmetimes I love my life

Ahhhh! I'm so happy. Was gonna ask you how you were coping, but I can see you're getting over it........awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    I confess that I'm single for less then a week and already the sharks (guys) are circling.... People I haven't heard from the whole time I was dating the ex are not trying to hit me up for the weekend..SOmetimes I love my life

That is awesome wish that happened to me lol! Embrace it and have fun!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    I confess that I'm totally confused about what to do next dating-wise. . :tongue: :tongue: :laugh:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    I confess that I'm totally confused about what to do next dating-wise. . :tongue: :tongue: :laugh:

If you figure it out.........let me know....same predicament here :)
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member

What happened to your guy?
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member

Hot messes not working out for you? :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member

Hot messes not working out for you? :laugh: :laugh:

Lol. .nope. . seems to be a pattern. .
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member

Think it might be done.........not sure which direction to go in if that is the case.........time will tell
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member

Think it might be done.........not sure which direction to go in if that is the case.........time will tell

I'm sorry....that stinks!!! If it helps, I'm kind of in the same place. Just taking everything one day at a time! :flowerforyou:
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    I confess I got an awkward first email from a dating site today and it made me think we should have an online dating contest among the Peeps. Post any and all odd, random, creepy, funny, etc messages you receive and we'll vote for a weekly winner of "best worst online message". :laugh:

I got this one the other day. I had not messaged the person first or given any indication I was interested. Totally random:

"TO MUCH TATTOSSSSSSS"
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    I confess I got an awkward first email from a dating site today and it made me think we should have an online dating contest among the Peeps. Post any and all odd, random, creepy, funny, etc messages you receive and we'll vote for a weekly winner of "best worst online message". :laugh:

I got this one the other day. I had not messaged the person first or given any indication I was interested. Totally random:

"TO MUCH TATTOSSSSSSS"

Ha! Not the brightest bulb in the box eh??....Total grammatical nightmare with that statement...Besides there is no such thing as too many tattoos....:tongue:
  • jesusHchris
    I confess I saw something really disturbing today...

I volunteer to help sick/disabled people with their service animals. I made a food delivery to an apartment today for an 80 year old dude who is completely bed ridden. He can't even reach the night stand to get the phone. He was covered in his own sh[url]it and couldn't clean himself up. He told me that bed bugs are infesting his bed and that his caretakers were not coming today as they were supposed to.

I felt horrible, but I couldn't bring myself to get in there and start scrubbing him. I helped him go through his things to find phone numbers to call and had the organization I volunteer with call some people to help.

Sort of feel like I should have done more. He didn't want an ambulance or anyone else to know as he was afraid of getting put into a home.

Edit: I also confess I almost fell for an amazing troll post by flimflam the other day. ;)[/url]
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    That's terrible, Chris. I think you did everything that you could do -- you aren't a home health care aide, so it's really not your job to clean someone up like that. It is an awful situation though. Were you able to get him some help?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    I felt horrible, but I couldn't bring myself to get in there and start scrubbing him. I helped him go through his things to find phone numbers to call and had the organization I volunteer with call some people to help.

Sort of feel like I should have done more. He didn't want an ambulance or anyone else to know as he was afraid of getting put into a home.

Oh man, that stinks! You can only do what you can do. If you just can't do it, at least you did what you could (making phone calls to get help).

He's afraid of getting put into a home... even though at first glance I would think "surely a home would be better cuz at least someone's there to take care of you" I've visited some homes where the patients get treated horribly. Just breaks your heart.

Edit: no pun intended, sorry
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Chris - contact your local health department and ask to speak to a social worker who deals with vulnerable adults. It will get the ball rolling for an investigation. And don't feel guilty - this man needs help!
  • jesusHchris
    It's being taken care of, poor old dude. I'm sure he'll end up in a home.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    I appreciate that Cesar, and will chalk this one to a glitch. I thought I was blocked because I couldn't access this like I couldn't access another group I'd been recently blocked from but I COULD access several other groups and was able to post to them. Thanks for running this to ground.

Regarding the mod of the other topic, I don't have any PM about why the topic was modded... did you perhaps send it to an email (that's probably outdated) and not through the MFP PM funtion? I understand now that the group has a problem with me mentioning my book, and I'll cease from doing so (only here though). But I don't appreciate someone writing publicly that people have been complaining over time yet no one ever told me about the complaints. It makes it look like I've ignored complaints and that's just not true.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    I fell asleep before I sent the PM. It's in your inbox now.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Wow, you've had a book published? What's it about?

--P