Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• lisamj123
    lisamj123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I graduated last night!! I did the Color Run in August but it turned out it was only around 4k so I'm excited to do the CIBC Run For The Cure next weekend!
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I GRADUATED TODAY!!!!!

Started the program 8/4 and finished today!!! Was able to get through it despite having bronchitis for almost 1 month!!!

So excited to continue running. My next goal is to improve my speed. I walked a 5K in July of this year. I want to redo that same 5K next year but plan to run it all the way!!!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great job you all!!!
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    Guess who graduated today!!!!!

ddg8.png
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Guess who graduated today!!!!!

ddg8.png

Woo hoo!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all the recent graduates!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations Graduates!:flowerforyou:
  • TheMinxyMissK
    TheMinxyMissK Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I graduated on Saturday at my local Park Run, completing 5K in 37.19 :)
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow! This thread is hopping. Congrats all!
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I graduated on October 5th! Hubby didn't slack while he was away on business so he actually graduated the week before. It was a great evening run with my husband and son

I'm so proud of us for sticking with it. :smile:
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Finished the program tonight, just short of 5km while running, but I know I can and will do it, so I'm still classing myself as a graduate
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I graduated this morning!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone! You must have all came across the finish line in a huddle! :)
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    Congrats everyone!!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Darn. That's a whole team of people! You could do a relay marathon together! Congrats and remember the 10k group is open to all.
  • stellalagerfeld
    Options
    Graduated on Oct. 10. :) Will work first on getting a full 5k in 30 mins then I'll probably work towards 10k.. but first I'll have to deal with the though that I will have to get up at 430am on weekdays for the 10k program.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I graduated yesterday morning. I'm a complete overachiever, so this week, I ran for 38 minutes and my final run was 52 minutes. I covered four miles and I'm happy with that since I couldn't even run for 30 seconds when I started C25K. I passed the 3.1-mile mark at 40 minutes and 2 seconds. Again, I'm an overachiever and I had that 40-plus minute finish on my mind, so I went back out that evening and passed the 3.1-mile mark in a little over 39 minutes!

I want to thank you all for your encouragement. This is my favorite forum on the entire site. You guys are so supportive and anytime someone mentions C25K or not being able to run, I push this group on them. :laugh: Thanks, again, and good luck to you all.

To the newbies, the best advice that I received is PACE YOURSELF. The program is designed for you to complete it, so if you can't complete a workout, you're moving too fast. You're not competing against anyone. Don't be afraid to walk through part of it if you have to. Just remember to start running again after you've recovered, and don't give up. Good luck! :smile:
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    And another two! I don't remember it being this busy when I graduated lol

Well done to both of you - you'll be still going 'wow I can't believe I couldn't run for 60secs 9 wks ago' for a while yet if you're anything like me - it's a good feeling :bigsmile:
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Finished c25k tonight!!!! I thought there were 3 days to week 9 like every other week has been. I never looked ahead to see what was coming next. When I opened the app it was the last day! So I didn't just run the time. I ran the whole distance. Took me 49 minutes. BUT IT FEELS GREAT TO HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IT!

I did it all IN MY TIME... W1D1 was 6/21/13. Sometimes I needed 2 days recovery, sometimes life got in the way for a few extra days, I took 3 weeks off in the middle per the Dr. to get a stress test and results.... The journey has been wonderful!.

Thanks to everyone on this board for their advice, encouragement, inspiration, and motivation! I couldn't have done it without you ALL! :flowerforyou:
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Finished c25k tonight!!!! I thought there were 3 days to week 9 like every other week has been. I never looked ahead to see what was coming next. When I opened the app it was the last day! So I didn't just run the time. I ran the whole distance. Took me 49 minutes. BUT IT FEELS GREAT TO HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IT!

I did it all IN MY TIME... W1D1 was 6/21/13. Sometimes I needed 2 days recovery, sometimes life got in the way for a few extra days, I took 3 weeks off in the middle per the Dr. to get a stress test and results.... The journey has been wonderful!.

Thanks to everyone on this board for their advice, encouragement, inspiration, and motivation! I couldn't have done it without you ALL! :flowerforyou:

I'm glad that you did it on your own time and didn't compare yourself to others. Congratulations. :smile: