Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Once I started weighing, I was amaze at how much food I was really eating - jo, it's not necessarily a bad obsession! I put the plate on the scale, zero it out, add an ingredient, record it, zero out the scale, add the next ingredient, record it etc. It's a good way to understand exactly what you're eating!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh/measure - i'm a "guestimator"! However, in one of my challenges, next week, SOME OTHER CHALLENGER gets MY food diary and THEY will do their OWN tabulation! Heavens!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And in return, I tally up their food diary...)

My lifting was good and I came back to the "free" thanksgiving lunch put on by my company. So, I chose only turkey, steamed veggies and GRAVY! Yum. I. Am. Full. (I skipped the potatoes, stuffing and pumpkin pie with whip cream.)

Tonight we are celebrating "International Day of the Girl" with our 11-year-old-daughter....don't know "how", yet, but it will NOT include "food".

Have a great weekend, 40+ ers! Especially to fellow Canadians celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend....
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to you too, and all the other Canadians here! I think we'll have chicken again, instead of turkey. I for one, am glad.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgving Pearl (not Canadian, but wishing you well anyway) Beeps, you have amazing willpower. For girl night, how about just a fun outing, movie, skating, bowling, mani-pedi, etc.

THe beauty of not eating meat is I don't have to weigh it and I buy my chicken pieces pre-cooked usually, so it's already weighed and what not. I'm a guesstimator too. I NEVER want to have to think too hard about what I'm eating. WHo needs the added stress? Life is enough and I'm maintaining just fine.

HUbby starts new Job on Monday, which changes my gym schedule a little, but no big deal. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting back in there Sunday. I only did two workouts in stage two; therefore, I will simply start it over.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have to weigh my food because I wasn't losing by estimating. So now I weigh and measure all my food for an accurate calorie count.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving pearl and beeps
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving pearl and beeps
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight prior to MFP - I actually log to make sure I eat enough (and enough of the right things). We all use the app differently - so long as you stay true and honest to your goals, you'll be fine.

Did my workout today - some pretty hot guys at my gym on a Saturday arvo - who knew? Might make it a regular workout time :laugh: No achievements today.... just going through the motions. Still not feeling 100%. I'm enjoying the intervals though - nice to change things up from the original NROLFW even if it is just timings. Not sure how I feel about the next lot though (30 sec work, 30 sec rest) - anyone done that yet?

Happy thanksgiving to those celebrating :drinker:
  • samntha14
    Options
    http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2011/11/21/venus-with-biceps/

Check out this book review Article. Pretty cool. The pictorial history of muscular woman :)

I haven't done a workout in far too long so I have nothing to share, so I'll share what hubby is doing. Since his buddy gave him the total gym, he's used it everyday. Since his legs are ripped from riding and his arms are very nice from riding and wrenching, he's focusing on his core (he's just a we bit soft around the middle lol) Luckily the machine is great for his limited range of motion :)

OK house work and laundry today since I finished writing my grant last night. Happy lifting ladies.
  • rildev03
    rildev03 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been stalking NROLFW for awhile, even doing it for 3 weeks at home. I bit the bullet and joined a gym this week. I was doing my workout when two trainers came over for my "free" consultation for joining. The guy just didn't get it when I said I have my own program laid out. He looked at it and said I wouldn't build muscle and it only targets certain muscles. Huh?? He tried to argue with my reasoning and I finally told him I would see him in 6 months after I completed it and we would see. He left and the lady who hadn't said anything before this, said men just don't understand women's bodies. We talked about the program and my goals for a few minutes and left it at that. I feel I can go to her now if I need anything. He just didn't understand that this is a personal goal of mine to complete. I'm not worried about how much weight I can lose; I want to see what my body can do. Thanks for letting me rant!! Lol
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    manic-I actually think it's very, very good that you are weighing and measuring....I think it will become very clear to you what you actually are ingesting (and, how "out-of-whack" it might be with what you THOUGHT you were ingesting,calorie-wise).

If my fatloss was NOT on a "downward" trend, I would move to weighing/measuring.

Having said that, my weight is at 148 today....which basically wipes out, in its entirety, all the bodyfat losses I've created with 6-weeks of calorie-deficit. TOM is around the corner and I ate popcorn last night (at the movie we took my daughter to)....so I'm sure that is it, but it is TERRIBLY DISHEARTENING to read that number, given how good I've been with calorie deficits.

Got my scheduled cardio in- ZOOM!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    This was my week off - I have a lot to look forward to... Starting stage2, getting my trike ... Getting back to my non vacation nutrition.
    Hope you all have a good weekend

Welcome to rildev!
  • samntha14
    Options
    I think that knowing I can pick someone up and throw them (well, a small someone anyway) is making me more assertive, or it's just a confidence thing either way.:laugh:
  • samntha14
    Options
    Pumpkin pancakes for breakfast, with a splash of protein powder.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    oooh DOMS! I knew once I did a real workout I would be sore - I worked with my trainer yesterday, full body, compound or complex combinations - chest press and bent over rows, walking lunges and plate presses, tricep pulldowns/bicep curls and TRX pushups and inverted pullups. My legs are more sore than my upper body but I feel it ALL!! LOVE it! Tomorrow, I'll restart Tier 2 of 5-3-1 with Deads and lower body assist exercises (I think good mornings, step ups and back extensions/core work)

Welcome Rildev, and good for you for keeping to your goals. Although my trainer didn't agree with all the lifts in NROL4W, he also understood from the beginning that this was my road, my goals and helped me with form and pushed me to challenge myself more!

Pumpkin pancakes sound yummy Sam!

I'm going shopping today, have to get some better food in the house both for me and hubs

Oh, for those of you whole eat Quest bars - you just have to try the White Chocolate raspberry!!! OUT.OF.THIS.WORLD!!!!
    http://www.questproteinbar.com/content/new/white-chocolate-raspberry/

Finally caught up with the vacation laundry. Now a little cleaning, dusting etc and the house is done.

Pmag, trike? What are you getting?
  • GeeksRfit2
    Options
    I started stage 3 yesterday. Some DOMS, but rather welcome. It always makes me feel like I'm actually working something. LOL. I was surprised some by the DOMS, the moves themselves didn't tax too much. Though the body matrix - well the jump lunges and squats in the body matrix - rather kicked my butt! :)

All the talk of goals on this group recently also helped move me along. I have set 2 new goals for myself- to lift 3x/week (up from 2) and get at least 100 g of protein every day. I think that will help me get my macros more in line with what I want, and help maximize my strength training. Ultimately I'm hoping to drop another pants size. (And see some desired shifts in my measurements, which I have now started tracking.). These are my "end of 2013" goals; having goals helps me a lot during the holiday time, which I personally rather dread. SO MUCH really yummy food!

So we'll see how it goes and yes, Beeps, I will post my progress!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Great goals Geeks!! I'm sure you will see a lot of progress that way. I went down to 2 days/week last winter, and derailed some of mine, so three days a week for me it is. At this point I need to STOP dropping sizes. Not that I can go any lower anyway because I have hips after all. Your pelvic bone doesn't change size. However, NONE OF MY DAMN PANTS FIT AGAIN!! Here's the thing, my waist is bagging but the size 6s are far to tight on my thighs. My dad's girlfriend is going to help me dart the pants I have. I did hit the 50% off sale at my favorite thrift store today and got some very cute tops and one more pair of pants that fit fairly well (size six but tight in the thighs, par for the course I guess) and some beautiful shoes that I pray I will wear to work instead of burying them in the closet. There is one advantage to being completely flat-chested. I can wear wrap shirt without a cami underneath and still be decent :tongue:

I just blew my own mind. Instead of a protein bar and yogurt for my third meal, I made a chicken and cheese quesadilla/wrap thingy. 28g protein instead of 36, but it's the same # of cals and less than half of the carbs, besides that fact that it's REAL FOOD and not processed stuff (Though I will say that eating my protein bar is like eating a candy bar for me, yum!)

OK enough of that. When I come back I will have done my new first workout of Stage 2!!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Sue nice work-- I'm curious about trx
    I got my trike today - I used to get my exercise in biking to work 2-3x a week but since my weird hip twisting accident 2 years ago I have not been able to cycle. So after much pondering and trying different recumbents and bikes I bought a cat trike pocket. It is a recumbent tricycle with one wheel in the back and two in front. I'm really excited about getting back into cycling -the commute in my car takes 15 min longer than two years ago.
    So I rode five miles today and it was slow and I'm exhausted but happy!
    I will try to attach a photo .
    I started stage two today but very light weight because there were so many new exercises.
    Front squats are hard...but better than overhead press because you get to use some momentum.
    I might add an extra week to stage two because I'm sure I can increase weight when I get the hang of this
    Any tips on front squats... It is hard to balance on the squat part and the very top of the movement
    I also had a hard time with the one point dips. I have a really hard time with balance...
    Geeks good luck with your goals - I will try to encourage you -and I'm trying for three weightlifting session a week also
    Sorry so long
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Sam nice shopping - it's fun to get things for less.
    I am also very flatchested. I had to shake up my exercise routine because I didn't want my waist to equal my bra size.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Felt so good to be back in thee gym. It's spiffy too. Not sure what required being closed for a week, but there's lots of new equipment. All of the cable machines Are new, new smith machines, new mats, new carpeting that has a little give to it so it doesn't feel like your are walking on concrete. All the other equipment was the same but the moved everything closed together to make room for agility training. Still. It TRX :(

I had a good workout and I'm glad I went on Sunday when it's empty to I could get used to everything. No weight changes, but it felt great.
    Fspp 50
    Step ups 25dbs
    Static lunge 15dbs
    Push ups