Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    W1D1 completed tonight with my wife.
    We didn't cover much ground, 1.7 miles including the warm up. We are going slow like recommended. is this about normal?
    That's about what I did. However, I don't think that you should include the w/u and c/d unless you plan to go at the same pace as your w/u and c/d when you do your 5k (if you're training for one). I don't know about you, but I just walked during my w/u and c/d, so I didn't see the point in including that. The way I see it, the program is supposed to track my running, not walking. And, yes, pace yourself. If you can't finish a workout, it's because you're going too fast. Good luck. :smile:

... And I kind of felt like dying, but if I did it once, I can do it again, I will probably do it again before I move on. :) I feel like I'm back on track now.
    That's right. You did it once, so you can do it again. :bigsmile:
    W8D3 done & dusted, 30 minutes running @ 6:02min/km, just missed the 5km in 30min by like 30m. A little pissed, but happy considering the last km I did I had a stitch the entire way.
    Are you doing the 8-wk program or the 9-wk program? If you're doing the 9-wk program, there's still time to make your goal. Either way, remember that the point of the program is not to get you to do 5k in exactly 30 minutes, so you HAVE succeeded. :flowerforyou:
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    w3d3 tonight, went for a slower pace tonight but wasnt expecting to be as slow as i was. wanted to slow it down cos w4 starts the serious running times.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    W8D3 done & dusted, 30 minutes running @ 6:02min/km, just missed the 5km in 30min by like 30m. A little pissed, but happy considering the last km I did I had a stitch the entire way.
    Are you doing the 8-wk program or the 9-wk program? If you're doing the 9-wk program, there's still time to make your goal. Either way, remember that the point of the program is not to get you to do 5k in exactly 30 minutes, so you HAVE succeeded. :flowerforyou:

8wk program :) Don't get me wrong I was/am happy I made 30 minutes, would have just been nice to knock over 3 of my running goals in one go, especially when I came soooo close.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! W9D1 for me. My previous best was 2.25 miles in 32 minutes. Tonight, I wanted to go for it and see what I could do.

Neighborhood run. Slightly hilly but nothing obnoxious.

3.1 miles in 41 minutes 26 seconds!

Not only did I beat my best distance, but I beat my best time as well! I was sprinting at the end I was so ecstatic!

My first official 5K is in less than two weeks, so I plan on keeping up with the runs.

Man, it feels good. I RAN 5K!!!! :D
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    w4d1 complete. that was the hardest thus far. hopefully its easier next time
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! W9D1 for me. My previous best was 2.25 miles in 32 minutes. Tonight, I wanted to go for it and see what I could do.

Neighborhood run. Slightly hilly but nothing obnoxious.

3.1 miles in 41 minutes 26 seconds!

Not only did I beat my best distance, but I beat my best time as well! I was sprinting at the end I was so ecstatic!

My first official 5K is in less than two weeks, so I plan on keeping up with the runs.

Man, it feels good. I RAN 5K!!!! :D

Congrats!!!! That's a great accomplishment!!! I'm hoping to get my actual 3.1 done in the next week - I'm working my way up to it!
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check in on Saturday - but I did 2.4 miles in 30 minutes - 12:23 and 12:35 splits. It was a bad run - out of breath, had to walk twice, all while trying not to swallow the hoard of gnats in my face!

I was never so happy to hear time up! But then I was shocked when I looked at my mile times. A big improvement for me!

Going to stop at the park on the way home from work today and try for a 35 minute run. It's been a few weeks since I've been to the park - very excited to run the trail again!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Last week:

Monday: 3 miles + 6 strides
    Tuesday: 2.5 miles
    Wednesday: 3 miles + 6 strides (and strength training)
    Thursday: Zumba class
    Friday: 3 miles (and Body Shred class)
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: 5.25 miles

Total mileage: 16.75 miles
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great job putcake and to everyone finishing their programs! I moved over to the 10K check in thread posted earlier in the last few pages... they're serious over there :)
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    yup...pretty serious...i still have til nov 9th for my first 5K....not really building to 10K, this friday i have my first 5 mile run scheduled.
    still feel awkward posting in the 10K group..
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yesterday = 4 miles total (3 miles + 8 strides).
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    This morning I sorta completed W6/D2 but in reality it was my third straight 2 mile run, and I increased my speed from 5.0 to 5.3 (yup, treadmill). Shaved a minute off my time compared to Sunday. Thurs (aka W6/D3) going for 2.25miles, or maybe 2.5 if I'm feeling good..
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Due to Boyscouts this last weekend, I'm a bit behind in the schedule but I just finished Day 2 of Week 2. In the cold.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Last night I went out for my week 1 day 2 run, it was first time running outside in a year. It was great but I'm sore (I biked 20km today too)! My pace was slow but I am excited to work up my running skills again. Went 1.92 miles in 28:30. Tomorrow I'm planning to do day 3.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    still feel awkward posting in the 10K group..

No need to feel awkward - it's more for C25K graduates rather than a strictly 10K programme board anyway so just join in :)

Anyway, if you're running 5miles this weekend you're already running further than me lol
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Last night I went out for my week 1 day 2 run, it was first time running outside in a year. It was great but I'm sore (I biked 20km today too)! My pace was slow but I am excited to work up my running skills again. Went 1.92 miles in 28:30. Tomorrow I'm planning to do day 3.

That's not slow, don't be hard on yourself! The aches and pains ease the more you run so don't let them put you off; I think our bodies just need to adjust to the whole concept of running and after a while you'll run 2miles and think nothing off it the next day :)
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    thanks for the kind words yam!
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    W6D3 tonight. 22 minute run here I come!
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pretty disappointed in myself again today. I was able to talk myself out of running my entire W7D3
    I'm not sure if I should try again tonight, or do it in the morning. Feeling lazy. I try to remember how great I feel when I'm done.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Pretty disappointed in myself again today. I was able to talk myself out of running my entire W7D3
    I'm not sure if I should try again tonight, or do it in the morning. Feeling lazy. I try to remember how great I feel when I'm done.

I almost backed out of doing my W1D3 run last night because "my body is too tired". Once I forced myself out the door, I felt great and was glad to have gone. Get out there and run! :)