JMBR start 9/30/13

Options

Replies

• KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ok I know I said this is a discouragement free zone but seriously these new workouts are depressing me! There are some things that I just can NOT do.

Workout 3:
    Pushups - just no. Each time I did one or two then went straight to my knees
    Plankups - did not even attempt these on my toes, would've fallen flat on my face!
    Crab dips - WHY? Curse my weakling triceps and all the flab that coats them!

Workout 4:
    The plank leg raise things - my shoulders were SO sore from yesterday's workout that there was no possible way I could hold plank for that long. I did alternating donkey kicks instead so at least I was still working my butt!
    Hollow man - HOW is this possible? I can only do it with my legs bent at 90 degrees, can't even get them within a foot of the floor. It's not that it hurts my abs too much, they're just not strong enough to hold the position so I feel pain in my lower back if I try to push too hard :(
    Teres (sp?) pulls right at the end - I could vaguely feel the intended muscle working but it was overwhelmed by the burning in my shoulders and biceps - not sure if I'm doing it right :/

That's all I have to complain about. Ugh! I'm still determined to keep going. If I can do just ONE rep of each of those things and then increase it by the next time I do the workout, I'll be happy.

Haha-- I'm right there with you...

Workout 3:
    Pushups - I do the "girly" pushups...I can't do them the right way at all!
    Plankups - OOOOHHH those were hard lol
    Crab dips - My triceps KILL me in that one...I switch my hand to the opposite direction, I don't know if I'm getting the same results but it's easier for me

Workout 4:
    The plank leg raise things - That one is okay for me BUT I don't understand how I can raise my leg without lifting my butt! She says keep the butt down...my butt likes to go up lol Oh well I'm still trying lol
    Hollow man - Yes those are hard and my abs are strong enough yet either
    Teres (sp?) pulls right at the end - My shoulders were on FIRE! Yes I agree with not feeling the muscle working either...hmmm

I didn't get to Cardio yesterday, I was still sore from WO3&4...and I have a bad back which in some workouts kill me but I still keep going---I don't need to injure myself this soon though, I will continue with just going right back to WO3 for today...I have Zumba later so that'll be my Cardio from yesterday :)
  • melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    JMBR Phase 2 weeks 5 & 6 ... Today was 6 for me and I increased my weights to 15 pounds for the statue of liberty's and the ax chops or whatever they are called lol. Last night my husband MFP Ckuri or Ckuri69 did P90X after both of our full work out days, at night after the kids went to bed by candlelight and the Yoga and Postures DVD was 1.5 HOURS. It was difficult and spiritual at the same time.

In regards to my Kettle Bells... I have 5lbs by Danskin learned some of the moves with these, advanced to 8 pounds and used those for a couple of weeks and now I am using 15 pounds (because that is what my husband bought me lol)
    Please check out livefitrevolution.org they have an awesome daily kettle bell work out that you do 4 days a week. I am on Phase 2 I believe.

I just did the JMBR phase 2 week 6 work out, I sure was glistening... and my bodymedia fit says I burned 350 calories in 30 minutes, so now I am off to do my kettlebell work out. I do my laundry and housework in between about 3 DVD work outs through out the day.

Thanks for the sweet compliments regarding my 200 pound weight loss... But i am most proud of me logging my food and work outs DAILY for the last 6 weeks as it has really kept me in check lol
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Haha-- I'm right there with you...

Workout 3:
    Pushups - I do the "girly" pushups...I can't do them the right way at all!
    Plankups - OOOOHHH those were hard lol
    Crab dips - My triceps KILL me in that one...I switch my hand to the opposite direction, I don't know if I'm getting the same results but it's easier for me

Workout 4:
    The plank leg raise things - That one is okay for me BUT I don't understand how I can raise my leg without lifting my butt! She says keep the butt down...my butt likes to go up lol Oh well I'm still trying lol
    Hollow man - Yes those are hard and my abs are strong enough yet either
    Teres (sp?) pulls right at the end - My shoulders were on FIRE! Yes I agree with not feeling the muscle working either...hmmm

I didn't get to Cardio yesterday, I was still sore from WO3&4...and I have a bad back which in some workouts kill me but I still keep going---I don't need to injure myself this soon though, I will continue with just going right back to WO3 for today...I have Zumba later so that'll be my Cardio from yesterday :)

So glad I'm not alone! I don't know about the butt thing. I was basically flat on the floor at that point so I have nothing useful to contribute!

As for skipping cardio to do something more interesting and more friendly on your body, that sounds like a wonderful idea! Unfortunately I will be stuck doing cardio 1 today, screaming profanities at the TV as I do running man :)
  • ktno1
    Options
    In cardio 1 today I did running man for the entire minute all three times WITHOUT modifying or taking a single break! Woooooooo! :D
  • ngraysmith
    ngraysmith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Okay, y'all are scaring me about workout 3! I have one more workout 2 and one more cardio, start workout 3 on Monday. Just the thought of a regular pushup makes me sweat :)

It is motivating to see your body able to do stuff that you couldn't do week one - I couldn't do one modified pushup (getting as low as you are supposed to) week one and now I can do three or four before having to rest.
  • ngraysmith
    Options
    In cardio 1 today I did running man for the entire minute all three times WITHOUT modifying or taking a single break! Woooooooo! :D

Wow. I can still only do it about half the time, I do skaters the rest.
  • KMJ1686
    Options

Amazing!!! I can't say the same lol

I didn't get to Zumba class last night or do WO3, had some personal things going on yesterday and a lot on my mine. Exercising was the last thing I was going to do...but we got great news and my mind is getting back to normal so today I think I will try and do 2 workouts...I feel like I slacked to much this week I may repeat it next week... ?? I don't know yet.
  • Happytofu
    Happytofu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did two workouts today and ate great, but it's 2am and I just got back from a drinking party. I only snacked on my pre-portioned foods (apple slices, edamame, and golfish crackers) but even though I stayed within my calories booze-wise, my weight always goes nuts the next few days after drinking. My weigh day is Monday morning so I am not looking forward to it.

On the upside, I checked myself in the mirror before my shower for the first time in a month and damn if I can't see my middle toning up!!

I like that I'm not alone in thinking running man is the worst. Suicides are way easier in comparison!
  • ktno1
    Options
    I did two workouts today and ate great, but it's 2am and I just got back from a drinking party. I only snacked on my pre-portioned foods (apple slices, edamame, and golfish crackers) but even though I stayed within my calories booze-wise, my weight always goes nuts the next few days after drinking. My weigh day is Monday morning so I am not looking forward to it.

On the upside, I checked myself in the mirror before my shower for the first time in a month and damn if I can't see my middle toning up!!

I like that I'm not alone in thinking running man is the worst. Suicides are way easier in comparison!

I have also been out drinking so I'm going to avoid the scale for a bit! Yay for attractive midsection! :)

She talks the suicides up like they're the worst thing ever. I'm like uh-uh, running man is SO much worse!
  • ktno1
    Options
    Okay, y'all are scaring me about workout 3! I have one more workout 2 and one more cardio, start workout 3 on Monday. Just the thought of a regular pushup makes me sweat :)

It is motivating to see your body able to do stuff that you couldn't do week one - I couldn't do one modified pushup (getting as low as you are supposed to) week one and now I can do three or four before having to rest.

Don't be scared! You can do it! I still can't do stuff but I can do more than I could at the start which is exciting.
  • ngraysmith
    Options
    Sometimes I do a few suicides in place of 10 seconds of running man, I hate running man so much.
  • ktno1
    Options
    Sometimes I do a few suicides in place of 10 seconds of running man, I hate running man so much.

There seems to be a bit of a theme going here haha

Just did workout 3. It sucked. I really pushed myself in the first two sets. Did 4 real pushups. Held downward dog on one hand for the entire time both times. Even kept up with the walking out to plank and back.

Circuit 3 and 4 I just ran out of energy. During the crab pushups I just sat there on the verge of tears for half the time but then got up and did them until she said stop. In the 4th circuit I did the same thing with plankups but did them all the way through the second time. Still had to do them on my knees but that was the only thing (other than the pushups) that I had to modify so I'm pretty happy about that.

These are SO much harder than the first two weeks though. I'm really dreading phase 2.

How is everybody going? ALL YEAR LONG BABY!

ETA: On the bright side my HRM said 380 calories which is WAY higher than I've got from any of these workouts (even workout 3 the first time I did it) so that says I must have been working really hard which is great! :)
  • changelife13
    changelife13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :happy: You guys are motivating! I am purchasing JBR today. Need to get on track in every area of my life..Re-grouping with focus and structure.
  • ngraysmith
    Options
    I finished week 2 today starting week 3 tomorrow.

JUst for trying really hard at cardio 1 today I had to stop halfway through the use my inhaler. Lol.
  • ktno1
    Options
    :happy: You guys are motivating! I am purchasing JBR today. Need to get on track in every area of my life..Re-grouping with focus and structure.

Yay! The more the merrier! :)
    finished week 2 today starting week 3 tomorrow.

JUst for trying really hard at cardio 1 today I had to stop halfway through the use my inhaler. Lol.

Hahahaha I don't even have an inhaler and I still think I needed one during cardio 1 on Friday LOL
  • ktno1
    Options
    I actually did some plank raises for about 20 seconds during workout 4 today before collapsing onto the floor and doing donkey kicks. I still don't get how I'm supposed to keep my butt down while I'm lifting up my leg though :/ but hey progress!

I'm so excited to finish phase 1 next week and see what progress I've made in 4 short weeks. Scared for phase 2 but determined to smash it anyway!

Motivate people!!!
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    I actually did some plank raises for about 20 seconds during workout 4 today before collapsing onto the floor and doing donkey kicks. I still don't get how I'm supposed to keep my butt down while I'm lifting up my leg though :/ but hey progress!

I'm so excited to finish phase 1 next week and see what progress I've made in 4 short weeks. Scared for phase 2 but determined to smash it anyway!

Motivate people!!!

"All day dot com" Oh sometimes I just want to punch those people...blah blah blah they make it look soooooo darn easy lol

I took your donkey kicks idea because that plank and raising one leg up is so hard lol With having the good news last week I was able to do the 2 missed workouts Friday and Saturday. Had no Zumba last week--I do it at a school so when schools are off so are we, Columbus Day was Monday so no class and then Thursday had no motivation, so I'm excited to go today. I could totally tell a difference in my body from missing all last week...I'm ready to kick some butt and finish Week 4! Can't believe I start Phase 2 next Monday!! I'm not seeing a huge change yet like I did last year :noway: :grumble: But it is that TOM "time of the month" so maybe, yeah I'll just blame it on that lol

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I only check this forum during week days, can't get the community section from the app.

Welcome to the BR changelife13!

ktno1--seeing that calorie count, I really need to invest in one! That's awesome!!!
  • ktno1
    Options

Motivate people!!!

"All day dot com" Oh sometimes I just want to punch those people...blah blah blah they make it look soooooo darn easy lol

I took your donkey kicks idea because that plank and raising one leg up is so hard lol With having the good news last week I was able to do the 2 missed workouts Friday and Saturday. Had no Zumba last week--I do it at a school so when schools are off so are we, Columbus Day was Monday so no class and then Thursday had no motivation, so I'm excited to go today. I could totally tell a difference in my body from missing all last week...I'm ready to kick some butt and finish Week 4! Can't believe I start Phase 2 next Monday!! I'm not seeing a huge change yet like I did last year :noway: :grumble: But it is that TOM "time of the month" so maybe, yeah I'll just blame it on that lol

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I only check this forum during week days, can't get the community section from the app.

ktno1--seeing that calorie count, I really need to invest in one! That's awesome!!!

I want to punch their smiling faces so they can feel the same pain I'm feeling!

TOM sucks - I weighed myself daily during it and was sulking about it but once it was over I lost 1.5kg pretty much over night so I should've just stayed away from the scales in the first place!

Yeah that calorie count was nuts. Was ready to die haha not sure if it's 100% accurate but still it shows that I'm working a lot harder than in the first 2 weeks so that's awesome! :)
  • KMJ1686
    Options

Motivate people!!!

I want to punch their smiling faces so they can feel the same pain I'm feeling!

TOM sucks - I weighed myself daily during it and was sulking about it but once it was over I lost 1.5kg pretty much over night so I should've just stayed away from the scales in the first place!

Yeah that calorie count was nuts. Was ready to die haha not sure if it's 100% accurate but still it shows that I'm working a lot harder than in the first 2 weeks so that's awesome! :)

I had to google what 1.5kg was in pounds lol--3.3lbs...which is awesome! :smile: :smile:
  • ngraysmith
    Options
    Did my first round with Workout 3 today. It went okay, if by "okay" you could having to modify almost every exercise, taking a break to change a diaper halfway through and doing the cooldown on my back since I was too weak to stand up :)

Along the lines of "punching their smiling faces, my 9 year old keeps asking why everyone is smiling all the time - he says it annoys him. I agree. I have to admit to finding the fact that even these seasoned workout pros were wobbling during tree pose very satisfying. Not sure what that says about me!

Anyone else just find Jillian's talking hilarious? I am sure if she was my personal trainer I would be the biggest smart *kitten* about all her comments...and I would hate her. On the computer screen, however, I just find her funny.