Participant Updates and Introductions

Options

Replies

• fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nikki, I've been using MFP since mid August but this is my first time doing this challenge. I do sometimes struggle to get my 20 mins a day in so I'm hoping this will give me a bit of a kick to do so. Caradae, is it ok to use fitbit tracked walks for the exercise part as I don't tend to log them separately on MFP, they just show up as a fitbit calorie adjustment?

Looking forward to starting and getting to know you all better! :)
  • Lalalalaurah
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My names Laura and this is my first time participating in the Accountability Challenge. When I found this in the groups page, I knew this was perfect and exactly the push I need to stay on track with my meals and my exercise! I hoping this will get me in a pattern of staying on track with eating right and exercising.
  • MrsGriffin0729
    MrsGriffin0729 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Laine and this is my first challenge. Can't wait!!
  • TonyaPietrzak
    TonyaPietrzak Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone!

My name is Tonya I am 44 years old and I am married and have 2 wonderful kids, One is a member here on MFP. I am looking forward to this challenge. It is something I needed and wanted,it will be a fun challenge to do and I cannot wait to start! Hope to be friends with you all and want to say Good Luck to all of you!! :happy:
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

My name is Mary and this is my FIRST UAC! I am very excited to join the group and I am looking forward to the challenge of it!
    I am a pretty new member of MFP, but I am ready to hit this challenge hard! I do a good bit of traveling for my work so eating out almost every day was/is a big problem for me, but I love that this challenge will help keep me accountable!

Can't wait to start (if you can't tell from my use of exclamation points! :tongue: )

Happy weekend!
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Caradae, is it ok to use fitbit tracked walks for the exercise part as I don't tend to log them separately on MFP, they just show up as a fitbit calorie adjustment?

Hi! Welcome.

Yes, that's fine. You don't have to log anything on MFP--I take your word for it.
  • auntiecorri
    Options
    Ok, I'm back for November and will be aiming to last the whole month this time. In fact I'm going to start on the weekend! Thanks Caradee for continuing this challenge.

Ditto!
  • RemyaUnnikrishnan
    RemyaUnnikrishnan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone:) I'm Remya. This is the first time i'm doing such a challenge..but it seems interesting :) when it comes to exercise i will not miss it because, i hit my yoga classes daily..and that is something which i love..so there is no chance i will miss it...Daily logging and tracking food is also something which i do everyday..But sometimes, the calorie goal may exceed its value. So i need to work on it. And for me..here is the challenge. But i'm ready to take it :)
  • StephanieB85
    StephanieB85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just started tracking again. My 4th baby is 7 weeks and I'm ready to ditch some of this weight! Getting off the computer and being active has been a challenge, as well as not snacking out of stress or boredom. Ready to make some changes and be accountable!
  • hlisamarie
    hlisamarie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Lisa. I'm 46, married, and have two adult sons and am helping raise my two year old grandson. I started using myfitnesspal one month ago and have lost 13.5 pounds. I'm looking forward to my second month and the pounds I will shed!! I joined this group to give me an incentive to keep on logging, moving and measuring! Let's do this together. :-)
  • hog_farmers_wife
    hog_farmers_wife Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Erica. This is my first month participating in this challenge. I just had my first baby in Jan. So I'm working on losing weight to be thin again. :) I started really trying to lose the baby weight when my son turned 8 months old, which was about 7 weeks ago. I've lost 15 pounds so far and I'd like to lose 22 more which will be a little lower than my pre-pregnancy weight. I'd like to achieve that goal by my son's first birthday. That means I have to be very good during the holidays if I want to achieve my goal. So I'm looking forward to this challenge!
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen. This is my first challenge and I'm looking forward to being held accountable as I work towards my goal weight.
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My name is Melissa and this is the first time I am joining this challenge. I am a single mom and a full-time student. I am also training to compete in my first figure competition next spring. I think this will be a good addition to my training and help me stay focused (mainly on my eating). I don't do a lot of cardio at the moment but I do strength training/lifting session 5 days a week (which might change after tomorrow once I meet with my trainer and get a more customized plan).

My goal is to focus on losing body fat. I would like to reach 140lbs and 25% body fat by the end of November (which would be about 10lbs and 4% body fat from where I am now).
  • Sarahkoolkatkitty
    Sarahkoolkatkitty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    This is my second month for this challenge. I've lost 4 pounds doing it so far this month, which is pretty good because I'm already (barely) in the healthy BMI range. Doing this challenge taught me that I am capable of doing some sort of workout every single day for at least 20 minutes, and it has been motivation on the days when I really just wanted to stay in my nice warm bed. I also used it to kick my daily diet soda habit. I'm looking forward to doing it again in November as I try to clean up my diet a little. Thank you for having this group!
  • sunflowertimes
    sunflowertimes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is my first time to do this challenge. I am ready! Let's do this! I have lost down to 5 pounds from my goal and then the weight crept back on over a 2 year period. Now I am having a tough time sticking to it and getting it back off again. Would love some new friends who are active on here. Please add me if you want some encouragement and will return the favor. November is our time!!
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Tonya. I have been working for quite some time on MFP and have lost 30 lbs. I have had my ups and downs but have managed to log in for 413 days in a row so logging will not be a problem. My problem is that I sometimes have days that I go over my calories. I log EVERYTHING no matter good or bad so that I can see. I am hoping this challenge will make me think before I grab the Dr. Pepper. I have also been battling pneumonia and although I am much better I am still struggling to get back into the exercise. I was doing 4-5 miles a day but now doing 100 yards winds me and my doctor says I have to build it back up so may have to go slower but starting with 20 minutes a day will at least get me going and maybe over my fear of getting sick again.
  • wannabeasknygal
    Options
    HI everyone! My name is Mindy and this is my first month doing the challenge. I've been using MFP for a few months, but not consistently. I've got the fitness part down now that I'm working with a trainer and training for a 10K, but food is my nemesis! I look forward to the challenge!
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jenell. This is my first month with the challenge. It is just what I need to help me stay focused and disciplined. Just want to make it to the end of the month. I am a single mom of three and I work full time. Life is stressful and hectic but I am making myself a priority.
  • maruchan87
    Options
    Hi!
    This is my first day with fitnesspal and te first time I will be participating to this challenge.
    Does anyone know if you can access your group from the app?
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Caradae, is it ok to use fitbit tracked walks for the exercise part as I don't tend to log them separately on MFP, they just show up as a fitbit calorie adjustment?

Hi! Welcome.

Yes, that's fine. You don't have to log anything on MFP--I take your word for it.

Thanks! My diary is open so you can see how many calories my fitbit logs anyway! Can't wait to start! :)