October C25K Challenge (everyone)

Options

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    So everyone....quick little fun challenge for the last bit of the month. Think of a place you like to visit or a place you frequent that is about the distance from how far you have traveled this month, and share it with us.

I have ran to Graceland and ran back. (Graceland is 20 miles from my house)

Fun idea!
    I've been keeping track of my miles (walking & running) on RunningAHEAD. So far this month, I've travelled 117Km (my goal is 120). I've run at least 2/3 of that, probably more.
    This means that I have run from Port Coquitlam to Chiliwack and back home OR I have run almost to Hope (133Km from home). According to milemeter.com, I am currently at a junction on the highway with an option to go right to Hope or left along the TransCanada Highway, through the Fraser Canyon.
    That's amazing when it's put in perspective like this.
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    So everyone....quick little fun challenge for the last bit of the month. Think of a place you like to visit or a place you frequent that is about the distance from how far you have traveled this month, and share it with us.

For me I'll need to include tomorrow's 5.5 mile and Thursday's 3 mile run to get to 47 miles. So by the end of the month, I will have run the distance from home to Grant Park in Chicago where I will run the Hot Chocolate 5k on Sunday. Sounds rather fitting to me :happy:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

For me I'll need to include tomorrow's 5.5 mile and Thursday's 3 mile run to get to 47 miles. So by the end of the month, I will have run the distance from home to Grant Park in Chicago where I will run the Hot Chocolate 5k on Sunday. Sounds rather fitting to me :happy:

That is so profoundly true. Every day you've run will have gotten you to that start line. Every step you've taken will propel you to the finish.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    [That is so profoundly true. Every day you've run will have gotten you to that start line. Every step you've taken will propel you to the finish.

That's what I keep thinking about as I run/walk my way through the program. I won't make the 30 miles by the end of October but every run has gotten me closer.

Oct 27: Week 4, Day 2 of program: 2 miles Strava:
    http://app.strava.com/activities/91696426

Total Miles To Date: 22.3 / 7.7 to 30 mile goal

I actually track steps for all my activities plus bike rides and with that I'm at 174 miles for the month. Not bad to date.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I actually track steps for all my activities plus bike rides and with that I'm at 174 miles for the month. Not bad to date.

That would be a run to Tunica, MS and back for me. That is a long ways.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Today was a very painful 3 miles at lunch. First run since my cold set in. Thought I was feeling better, BUT....

In any event, now at 48.1. Need one more run this month and I'm there!

That would bring me to the top of Sleeping Giant and back. Cool, since we hiked up as a family for the first time last weekend (though we drove to the base and didn't run there:)).
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Haven't updated in a while...

I've done over 26.75 miles. Nine of those miles was during one run with no breaks! :bigsmile: Since then, I've restarted C25K (on October 23rd) and most of those miles are since then. I got bored with running after finishing C25K. When I first started it in August, I was anxious to run before and after work. But, that feeling went away after I finished. Now, I've gotten back into the habit of running after work and in the mornings. Now, I just have to start biking again. :laugh:
  • jessiekanga
    Options

I've done over 26.75 miles. Nine of those miles was during one run with no breaks! :bigsmile: Since then, I've restarted C25K (on October 23rd) and most of those miles are since then. I got bored with running after finishing C25K. When I first started it in August, I was anxious to run before and after work. But, that feeling went away after I finished. Now, I've gotten back into the habit of running after work and in the mornings. Now, I just have to start biking again. :laugh:

9 miles, WOW! Fantabulous!!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

I have to have a race and a training plan to stay motivated. Good job on the mileage!

I looked at a map yesterday and there wasn't anywhere interesting for me to run to. I guess I'll just have to keep running. :)
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Gotta get myself up to date here.

10/24: 3.1 Miles
    10/27: 10 Mile Race

Total 59.48 / 50
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Yeah...totally underestimated my distance lol. By the end of the month I will have 79 miles ran. Which means I need to find a different place to run to! Um...I can run to the Naval Base and back, lol.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    4 miles total yesterday (3 miles and then 8 strides, which covered another mile). Total so far = 30.75/50. :smile:

3.5 miles yesterday so now I'm at 34.25/50. I have 3 tomorrow and 6 on Saturday. :smile:

I did 3 on Friday and 6 on Saturday. Total so far = 39.75/50. This week calls for 14.5 miles, so by Saturday, I should be over 50. :smile:

3.5 yesterday so now I'm at 43.25/50. :smile:

For the rest of last week, I had:

3.5 on Tuesday,
    5 on Thursday, and
    3 on Saturday (5K with my 9 year old DD). :smile:

After last week I was at: 54.75/50

I put in 3.75 yesterday, so for the month I am now at: 58.5/50.

Yay me!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    There is something to be said for having a training day on fairly flat ground. I have gotten my pace down. I actually didn't stop the Strava app until I was back at work which was 6 minutes after the C25K program was finished. It makes me wonder what my true pace would be if I had stopped Strava very shortly after C25K completed.

Oct 29th: Week 4, Day 3 of program: 2.7 miles Strava:
    http://www.strava.com/activities/92037602

Total Miles To Date: 25 / 5 to 30 mile goal

I am so close but my next run day is Thursday - Halloween. I will just miss the 30 miles by one run probably. Oh - and for my total mileage - I could go to Aspen and back. Just C25K miles, to the Hain Celestial Teas Factory just north of Boulder. I like that place. Its really fun to do a tour once a year and have a really good hit from the peppermint room.
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Goal - 45 miles

Oct 2 - 2 miles
    Oct 4 - 4 miles
    Oct 7 - 3 miles
    Oct 9 - 4 miles
    Oct 11 - 2.5 miles
    Oct 14 - 4.5 miles
    Oct 16 - 2 miles
    Oct 18 - 3.1 miles
    Oct 20 - 2.5 miles
    Oct 23 - 5 miles
    Oct 25 - 3 miles
    Oct 27 - 3 miles
    Oct 29 - 5.5 miles

Total 44.1 miles
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    48.1 plus 4.3 today. 52.4 miles for October. That is...definitely the most I've ever run in my life. A little choked up over here.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    2.84 W7D1
    2.77 W7D2
    2.25 W7D3
    3.41 W8D1 (graduated C25K)
    4.00 tempo run
    4.00 long run
    3.00 easy run
    4.00 light speedwork
    5.00 long run
    4.00 easy run
    4.00 tempo run
    3.4 mile(was supposed to be 5 miles but was called back home)
    6.0 mile long run
    4.0 easy run
    4.0 tempo run

sub 56.67 goal is 40(new adjusted goal of 50!!!)

70 degrees F ,early am run, pre-torrential downfall

COngrats kanga!!! same here, it looks surreal seeing it listed out and thinking"i ran over 50 miles this month"
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Did an easy 2.8 miles last night. Total 62.28 / 50

I won't break my highest month which was 68 miles in May (pre-injury). But I expect to do a little over 70 in November.
  • Lyerin
    Options

3.5 on Tuesday,
    5 on Thursday, and

Yay me!

I did 3 yesterday, so now I am at 61.5/50. I doubt I have ever broken 60 miles in a month. I actually have 4 on the schedule for today, so I should break 65! Awesome!
  • Lyerin
    Options

3.5 on Tuesday,
    5 on Thursday, and

Yay me!

I did 3 yesterday, so now I am at 61.5/50. I doubt I have ever broken 60 miles in a month. I actually have 4 on the schedule for today, so I should break 65! Awesome!

And 4.5 today for an October final total (no running on the schedule for tomorrow) of 66/50 miles. :smile:
  • jessiekanga
    Options

COngrats kanga!!! same here, it looks surreal seeing it listed out and thinking"i ran over 50 miles this month"

Thanks! And right back at you! It is wild. Wow. Humbling.