Daily Accountability

Options

Replies

• jakeyuma
    jakeyuma Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Also look at thing like Tuna, chicken breast, and fish. All high in protein. My breakfast is a high protein ommelette. 4 egg whites, 8 oz chicken (4oz right now), whatever vegis I have to include. Yummy, almost too much to eat, low calorie high protein. Jst what the DR ordered.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Managed to crawl through Total Body Circuit last night. Jeeze! I really loath that one! But it was a little easier than the first time I did it. Ab Intervals tonight, another of which I'm not a fan. I'm also incorporating weights tonight. I'm going to be sore.

@jenni - Thanks, but no show off here. I eat wayyyyyyyy too much! I need to workout as much as I can. A couple of years ago I dropped 30 lbs by eating at a deficit without a problem. Now, I can't. I eat healthier, but I still eat too much. :/ I own a number of Beachbody programs. I just finished Chalean Extreme. Had great results. So much so, that I'm still incorporating her lifting routines 3xweek. I definitely recommend it.

@jake - Wow. I'm envious of your calorie burn! If only I could burn that much, then I could eat so much more! :D
  • cjohio
    cjohio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Week 1 - Day 5 - 1/2 done!

Holy burn! Lower Body Focus was awesome this morning. I got up early with the whole mind set to bust out both workouts, but after burning and shaking legs for 25 minutes, as soon as I started the 'warmup' of Cardio, I said, "Enough!". I just wasn't going to get the most out of the workout...

I'm leaving work early today so I am going to go home and do the Cardio segment then. There was just no way my legs wanted to do any sort of moving after Lower Body.

Proud of myself once I get through this last session for the week - makes me feel good that I'm almost 1/5 of the way done with Alpha!

What are people's plans for the Thanksgiving break? I'm going to my inlaws and they don't have a basement to workout in. So, I'm thinking of just working out in the bedroom, but then it may shake the floor a lot :) And gosh, it is going to be tough to stay away from all the food.....

Regarding protein - I use Musceltech from Sam's - it's not bad. I haven't done that much research, but it mixes OK and gives me 20g per serving. I also eat Plain greek yogurt for breakfast that gives me 24g of protein in just a cup (I actually like the flavour of plain yogurt). For snacks throughout the day, I really like Nature Valley's Peanut Butter and Chocolate Protein Bars - they have 10g I think and taste delicious. They are 190 calories, but definitely fill me up.
  • SlytherinBat
    SlytherinBat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 5 Cardio and Lower Focus. 465 cal. burned.

Wow, what a week! Cardio was way easier than Monday. I nailed it. Afterwards I caught my breath for about 15min. then I popped in Lower Focus. I was shaking near the end but I managed to get it done. I'm going to be sooooo sore tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Cjohio - Way to hit Lower focus. One thing I have noticed in the T25 series, my thighs and calfs are very well defined :) Lower focus when done with heart and pushed hard is a killer on your thighs. Check the protein blend on the stuff from Sam's. I use to use it but it was not very good quality protein. The iso something was cut with some very low quality proteins. Compare it to Gold Standard from GNC, price is not much more as Gold Standard lasts 2 months (1 1/2 for me).

Slytherin Brat - Nice Burn and way to hit the double.

Weekend is almost here :) Thanksgiving will most likely be a rest day for me. I will try to con my family into a nice brisk walk. I will focus on portion control and playing with calories. I know Lunch will be high in calories. I will budget 800 for lunch and try to have a salad for dinner. That should keep me within my range. I will also not be eating back my excersize calories the day before and day after thanksgiving.
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I am so full of myself right now!!! I FEEL GOOOOOD!! It is a great thing that I work by myself! The barometric pressure has been good to me! Got up early and rocked out Beta Upper Focus, then attempted my Arm Challenge - ha, no go! Rested about an hours and nailed the Arm Challenge and popped in Core Cardio. Had to modify some of the jumping and the burpees. THEN, I got 60 min on the elliptical while catching up on a TV program! Yes, did I mention I FEEL GOOOD! OH, OH, OH I have already consumed 12 cups of water! Yeah, I know, it is a goooooood day!

TeeMac25 - protein is a hard one for me. I don't eat a lot of meat and I don't like artificial stuff. Egg whites provide 4gms of protein in 17 calories and a can of tuna packs 20gs of protein in 90 calories (water packed.) Budget the fat calories and peanut butter and it gives you 8gms in 190 calories.

Jakeyuma - Fabulous burn on your double! WOW!

Cjohio - Keep up the GREAT work! My Thanksgiving plans as of today - Eat smaller portions of the foods I enjoy and do my "usual" Thursday work out in the evening while most of my family naps! Also, Wednesday is a fresh fruit and veggie day for me, so I may just "under eat" instead of pushing myself to be closed to 1200 calories; that combined with a 1000 calorie burn on Thursday should allow me to enjoy my cooking without a huge setback. Also, I will not beat myself up if I don't accomplish this.
  • Carrie_P81
    Carrie_P81 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just did Lower Focus today. Wow! Had to take several little breaks b/c my legs would just not move anymore! Then I had to leave right after to go donate blood and I could barely walk down my steps, lol. Feeling good now though. I had to shovel a little snow this morning too.

Warrior-wow great work today!

Jake-you are right! Like Yoda said, do or do not there is no try.
  • jennicole4
    jennicole4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    T25 Alpha Day 5: Lower Focus & Cardio

Did great today! Lower Focus was tough towards the end, but I Nailed It! Took about 10 minutes to catch my breath and then completed Cardio. I modified a little throughout, but did much better than Monday. Between the two workouts, I burned close to 600 calories! Thank goodness because I went out to lunch with my Business Partner today and I needed the extra calories.

Checked the scale again this morning and my weight is back to where I started, so I'm pretty pleased with that. Hoping for a loss tomorrow. I've done pretty good with calories this week - here's hoping there was a 3,500 deficit!

Abs are sore from yesterday, but not too horrible. Ladies that recently had a baby - check yourself for diastis recti. It's a separation of the abdominal muscles and doing regular ab work can make it worse. There are specific exercises that can help your muscles repair. An internet search will provide you much more info than I can. Just thought I'd throw it out there because not everyone knows about it. I was fortunate to not have the problem, but it is quite common.

Looks like everyone's doing a great job! I'm looking forward to the weekend. Saturday my husband and oldest daughter are running a 5K and Sunday we are having people over for football. I'm so glad I did doubles today so I don't have to worry about it this weekend. I will report in for STATurday if I get a chance. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • cjohio
    Options
    Week 1 Done!

Finished up the second half this afternoon and I'm glad I took the break in-between. I remember how I felt this morning trying to do the second leg and this afternoon was completely different. Felt much more energized (albeit my legs still were tired) and I was able to do A LOT more than Day1 Cardio. Felt really great and again proud that I came home on a Friday afternoon and busted out the workout instead of sitting back and having a drink. By the way..@Jennicole - congratulations! I could not even think about doing them back to back.....

Looking forward to a great weekend. Debating whether i take a complete rest or try and do some biking tomorrow. It's date night tomorrow night (once a month our day care watches the little one for four hours and $25) and I have no expectation of not enjoying myself. Just gotta watch what i eat during the day and thinking a little moderate pace on the bike could help some too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend....here's to Monday!
  • cjohio
    Options
    I am so full of myself right now!!! I FEEL GOOOOOD!! It is a great thing that I work by myself! The barometric pressure has been good to me! Got up early and rocked out Beta Upper Focus, then attempted my Arm Challenge - ha, no go! Rested about an hours and nailed the Arm Challenge and popped in Core Cardio. Had to modify some of the jumping and the burpees. THEN, I got 60 min on the elliptical while catching up on a TV program! Yes, did I mention I FEEL GOOOD! OH, OH, OH I have already consumed 12 cups of water! Yeah, I know, it is a goooooood day!

TeeMac25 - protein is a hard one for me. I don't eat a lot of meat and I don't like artificial stuff. Egg whites provide 4gms of protein in 17 calories and a can of tuna packs 20gs of protein in 90 calories (water packed.) Budget the fat calories and peanut butter and it gives you 8gms in 190 calories.

Jakeyuma - Fabulous burn on your double! WOW!

Cjohio - Keep up the GREAT work! My Thanksgiving plans as of today - Eat smaller portions of the foods I enjoy and do my "usual" Thursday work out in the evening while most of my family naps! Also, Wednesday is a fresh fruit and veggie day for me, so I may just "under eat" instead of pushing myself to be closed to 1200 calories; that combined with a 1000 calorie burn on Thursday should allow me to enjoy my cooking without a huge setback. Also, I will not beat myself up if I don't accomplish this.

You're a man on a mission! Nice job! Thinking Wednesday as a low calorie day is a solid idea - think i'll need to exercise Thursday morning before anyone else is up - have a feeling after eating that i will want to hear nothing about exercising at all !! :-)
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Great job this week everyone. As we move through the weekend it can be the hardest part. Keep logging what you eat, keep moving and enjoy the weekend. I don't post much on the weekends, I usually post my Stats and then I am off.

See everyone Monday.
  • lisalisa27
    lisalisa27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I missed my checkins but not my workouts!

I was not feeling up for the double so I did the workout on the 6th day. Yesterday was supposed to be my rest day, but I was working from home and feeling very snacky due to (close your eyes guys) PMS. So by 3 pm I was over 150 calories for the day already. So I popped in Chalean Extreme Push Circuit 3 and ran on the treadmill as well. I burned 424 calories and then ate a big fresh salad. Proud of myself from recovering from that.

Today is week 2: Alpha Cardio. Just finished and burned 303 calories. 134 Average HR and 169 was my Max HR. 10:24 in Fat BUrn Zone and 26:33 in Fitness zone. I love my HR monitor, LOL

Ok, off to drink my Shakeo!!! YUM

Have a great day!!
  • morange66
    Options
    Alpha week 5 day 5 - Total Body Circuit
    Total Body Circuit was killer yesterday but I made it through and only modified during the pike and push up. My left wrist is still healing from a break and sometimes it just won't support me. Yesterday was also lifting day and I managed to complete everything I was aiming for as well as a standing ab routine. I know it must all be working because when I got out of bed this morning my obliques were killing me:smile:
    Everybody keep up the good work and have a great weekend!
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    STATurday results:

Best results in close to 3-4 weeks. Finaly broke out of the 230's. 210's are now in sight :)

Total Weight Loss: 41.2
    Weight loss for week: 3
    Waist 0.5
    Hip 0.5
    Chest 1
    Right Arm 0.5
    Left Arm 0.5
    Right Thigh 0
    Left Thigh 0

Lisa - Nice workouts and eating. I missed some f your post since my eyes were closed.
  • TeeMac25
    Options
    So last night (day 5) I didn't double up, but today (day 6) I'm halfway through, cardio is done, it was a bit easier than monday.... lower focus this evening, and then some zumba tomm. I can't wait to take my measurements not so much the weight... excited for next week! .... week 1 done ( more or less) ..... :bigsmile:
  • wpwarrior88
    Options
    It is STATurday!!!! Did my my workouts, took my measurement (progress!! using less tape measure! LOL) now for pictures. I wish the pictures would show what I see in the mirror!!

Have a powerful weekend, All!!!!
  • TeeMac25
    Options
    Completed Lower focus tonight, I thought I would be crashed, but it wasn't sooooo bad ... my legs actually feel light tonight....those calf hops ( not sure if that's the right name) was my biggest challenge , I have no balance lol!, but week one I'd done.... can't wait for next week! Keep pushing guys 10 weeks is doable...:happy:
  • wpwarrior88
    Options
    Easy day today! 15 min on Elliptical; 14 min yoga and 25 min T25 Stretching. Ummm nice and relaxed - cinnamon rolls proofing in the oven, yep a Sweet. Relaxing, Son'sday in store for this girl.

Have a beautiful day and for anyone who has a Thanksgiving meal today, enjoy!!
  • Carrie_P81
    Carrie_P81 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Didn't double up Friday so I did Cardio yesterday. Also lost 1/2 a lb and 1/2" off my hips! I can tell my tummy is getting smaller too.

Just taking it easy today. See you all tomorrow!
  • SlytherinBat
    SlytherinBat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I did T25 Stretch after a 5 mile run/walk. Really felt good. Week 2 tomorrow.