SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Options

Replies

• pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Well, Happy Friday, Sharks! The scale was (SURPRISINGLY) friendly this morning, so I'm pretty happy! As y'all know, I've missed some workouts this week so far, but I *did* manage to keep my eating in check, so I guess that helped. I'm still going to weigh in the morning, but honestly, I can't see it being better than today!

I have a question...I have seen in various threads on this site, people talking about weighing more the day after a big workout; they say it's because your muscles retain water or some such. What do you guys think about that, or what is your experience with that? I didn't have a regular workout on Wed or Thurs, and I was down another 1.6 pounds this morning...so, today I have to get some calories burnt and I'm anxious to see what the scale will say in the morning after a strenuous workout day. (Obviously, to see if the workout is the deciding factor, I'll have to keep my calories and sodium low!)

I just wondered if any of you had any input on that...I'm thinking after the challenge, I may make my weigh-in day always the day after a rest day!

And...a quote I found:
    "Winners have simply formed the habit of doing things that losers don't like to do."
    But I'll elaborate a little...I don't always "like" to do what I'm supposed to do; I think it takes the addition of good character to make a real 'winner!'
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Preview?imageID=2803973&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=ISEE&text1=Sharksfloating&text2=&text3=
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness you have all been so busy ... I decided to take a rest day today so can just add some EM's

10 mins walking around tge Green - just for EM's - 10 points.

Also the scales was kind today - no loss but also no gain.
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @ Pam- yes with the water retention. Especially if you are doing a workout that is going to make you sore. I would stick to something light like walking (slow walking, no hills. Maybe a Leslie walk?).

@ team leaders- for Thu my stats should be 20 on the situps and 0 for new reps. Thanks!
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    awesome_zpsa7811a7b.png

:heart: :love: :heart: EVERY shark truly is!

imagesCAPBRJ00_zpsb8d5c0f1.jpg
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    warning_beware_of_the_dolphins_t_shirt-r0af2ffb612fd44a1902983a64d0828c9_804gs_324.jpg
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    @ Pam- yes with the water retention. Especially if you are doing a workout that is going to make you sore. I would stick to something light like walking (slow walking, no hills. Maybe a Leslie walk?).

@ team leaders- for Thu my stats should be 20 on the situps and 0 for new reps. Thanks!

Corrected the Thursday reps! Thanks for letting us know Kristie!

Interesting re the workouts before a weigh-in.... I didn't know that!
  • jaajh
    Options
    Hey Sharks!

I hope that everyone's feeling better, and I'm sending good vibes to those who need a little boost to feel 100% :love:

Here are my "slightly restful" stats for the day:

HIIT: 15 minutes (Turbo chair)
    Stretching: 5 minutes
    Reps: 150 (50 oblique crunches, 50 bicycle crunches and 50 regular crunches.
    EM: 10 minutes - Walked around the mall, upstairs and downstairs, after shopping.

Here is my motivation for today:

You just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.
    – Babe Ruth
    You gotta love Babe Ruth! He fueled himself with beer and cigars :drinker: Only a few of today's baseball players have been able match him, even with steroids! :laugh:

Have a great evening!

Melissa - I forgot to ask before ... the 150 reps - are any of them new core ones for you? I haven't put any of them in on the chart, but can go back and change that if some were new to you. Just let me know!
  • pamcuster
    Options
    awesome_zpsa7811a7b.png

:heart: :love: :heart: EVERY shark truly is!

imagesCAPBRJ00_zpsb8d5c0f1.jpg

:heart:

YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST!!! (Yes, I'm yelling, since I can't hug you!)

Oh...and to 'hypallage,' we're supposed to be *afraid* of DOLPHINS? :laugh:
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    Friday

31 min, 203 cals Leslie

15 mins HIIT

5 mins stretching done

0 reps, 0 situps

25 mins EM walking around neighborhood= 25 points
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Friday:

workout: 92 minutes - 50 with Jillian and 42 with Leslie...587 calories!
    stretch: 5 minutes
    HIIT: 15 minutes
    EM: 10 minutes - 5 rebounding and 5 doing a variety of reps just to get another 5 minutes in!
  • jaajh
    Options
    I am SO cross and upset today - scale was NOT nice! (OK - I know it's all my own fault, but I am VERY annoyed :explode: :mad: :sad: :brokenheart: )

Lesson learnt: you can NOT out-exercise a bad diet :sad: :sad: :sad:

That being said, here is my FRIDAY:

WORKOUT: 60 minutes circuits
    Calories burned: 619

REPS: Just 25 sit-ups

STRETCHING: 8 minutes (finally getting into this stretching lark :laugh: )

HIIT: 15 minutes done (finally completed that requirement :happy: )

EMs: 10 minutes filling filter, bottles, igloo and all the accompanied squats, calf raises and jumping jacks (and my thighs are feeling these extra workouts!!)
    10 minutes taking clean washing to rooms an item at a time.
    Total EM minutes: 20

I have written to ask Sheri about max. times for EMs. Some teams are recording in excess of 2 hours for EM minutes. To me that is a workout NOT "extra" movement! Will see what she says! Well done to everyone on our team for finding little ways of building more movement into our everyday lives. It will count in the long run if we continue to incorporate these ideas :bigsmile:

Hope you all have a better day (and weigh-in) than me. It is my rest day, so the only other stats I expect to add with be EM ones.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • jaajh
    Options
    In an effort to cheer myself up, I went to read some "inspiring" quotes. This one hit me so I am sharing it in the hope it helps someone else too:

"Never give out while there is hope; but hope not beyond reason, for that shows more desire than judgment."
    – William Penn

This confirms my usual positive "Don't give up! Keep going!" mantra. HOWEVER, it also is what I need to hear and take in today - I can NOT "hope beyond reason". My desire to lose weight won't be accomplished by vague hopes. I have to be more careful in my plans and that means getting on top of the snacking issue! (Hard lesson to learn at this time of year! :grumble: )
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    @ Ali- yeah I saw that with the other teams and the EMs. That's quite excessive. I knew that this was an area I could help the team out on since I don't work. So I just took out my step and for 5 minutes just stepped as I watched TV. One positive from the EM challenge this week, for the first time I actually walked around my neighborhood! I live on one side of a big hill. There is only one way in and out of my neighborhood and there are only about 15 houses total in my neighborhood and only 8 on my side of the hill. So I was out doing laps around the house and I figured I would take the dog around the neighborhood a couple of times. I usually just let her out in the yard for her exercise but I think she liked it! I did too! But that hill was no joke!

Saturday
    5 min stretching done
  • jaajh
    Options
    Thanks for the support Kristie! I felt afterwards that maybe I was over-reacting, but it just goes against my idea of "fairness" somehow! Anyway, we will see what Sheri says, and at the end of the day we have now all discovered areas in which we can move more, and that is what matters in the long run anyway :bigsmile:

And on that note, before 10 am Saturday I got in 10 minutes of squatting, calf raising, jumping jacking (love these new verbs I'm creating!) and walking in place while I filled bottles, igloo, filter (and almost anything I could :laugh: )

Oops! Just realised EM points don't count today :laugh: Oh well, my thighs and calves will thank me for that extra workout this morning :laugh: :laugh:
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Here are my stats from Friday, and I will get in a little more today before the deadline.

FRIDAY:
    Workout: 60 minutes (30 min. circuit training, 30 stationary bike)
    Calories: 483
    HIIT: 15 minutes (used stationary bike)
    Stretch time (5 minutes)
    Reps: 50 bicycle crunches and 25 full sit ups

To answer the question about ab reps, here are the reps that are NEW or variation on a favorite:
    - 50 Roman chairs AND 150 bicycle crunches: (200 total)
    These are the extra "tried and true" ab reps:
    - 50 abdominal crunches and 50 oblique crunches (100 extra)
    - I completed the 100 full sit ups too

Thanks!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Thursday Stats:

#1 -116 minutes (pump it up aerobics and Turbo Fire Starter Class) Calories Burned:932
    #2 - HIIT - N/A
    #3 Goal Stretch - 10 minutes done
    #4 REPS - 50 new core reps done , 25 sit ups done
    #5 EM's for bonus points - I did squats and jumping jacks for no reason (5 mins)

Friday Stats:

#1 -60 minutes Wii Zumba Calories Burned:566
    #2 - HIIT - 15 minutes done
    #5 EM's for bonus points - I did speed skaters and jumping jacks while on the internet (5 mins)

I had a huge gain this week and I'll most likely be kicked out because of last week. But I feel myself getting back on track and that's a good thing.

GO SHARKS!!!!
  • jaajh
    Options
    Good morning! Here are my stats from Friday, and I will get in a little more today before the deadline.

FRIDAY:
    Workout: 60 minutes (30 min. circuit training, 30 stationary bike)
    Calories: 483
    HIIT: 15 minutes (used stationary bike)
    Stretch time (5 minutes)
    Reps: 50 bicycle crunches and 25 full sit ups

To answer the question about ab reps, here are the reps that are NEW or variation on a favorite:
    - 50 Roman chairs AND 150 bicycle crunches: (200 total)
    These are the extra "tried and true" ab reps:
    - 50 abdominal crunches and 50 oblique crunches (100 extra)
    - I completed the 100 full sit ups too

Thanks!

Thanks Melissa! Any EM points on Friday?
  • jaajh
    Options
    Thursday Stats:

#1 -116 minutes (pump it up aerobics and Turbo Fire Starter Class) Calories Burned:932
    #2 - HIIT - N/A
    #5 EM's for bonus points - I did squats and jumping jacks for no reason (5 mins)

Friday Stats:

#1 -60 minutes Wii Zumba Calories Burned:566
    #2 - HIIT - 15 minutes done
    #5 EM's for bonus points - I did speed skaters and jumping jacks while on the internet (5 mins)

I had a huge gain this week and I'll most likely be kicked out because of last week. But I feel myself getting back on track and that's a good thing.

GO SHARKS!!!!

Great effort Samantha! REALLY hoping you stay with us! You have worked SO hard this week.

• fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY
    #1 30 mins (walking) / 185 cals (All w/o's done/ calorie burn requirement met)

That's it for this week - put it on spreadsheet. Thanks for getting all stats on chart Ali.