JANUARY CHALLENGE GROUP

Options
timwhoa
timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
HERE WE GO 2014 and the Atkins low carb indcution challenge group is on,, I lost 50 pounds for all of 2013 (thats what stayed off,) , I am adjusting my weight loss ticker to reflect 50 pounds so I can start afresh and watch it drop from there,, so lets see how many are on board to LOSE WEIGHT in January and get off that holiday yuck that managed to creep on,,, LETS DO THIS!

Replies

• jen44922
    jen44922 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in! Thank for starting this Group. Here is to a Great Month!
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Well after going on and off low carb after trying my hand on low calorie (which I failed miserably at) I NEED to do this. I need to commit to it. I gained back basically all of the weight I had lost last year (almost 30 pounds). I'm not happy at myself and I'm feeling kinda down about it. I need to get down 10 pounds in January.
  • LuluNH
    LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1/1/2014 178
    1/2/2014 177

I will match my ticker at 173 - up over the holidays!!
  • jen44922
    jen44922 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 12lbs in January! At least!
  • LuluNH
    Options
    01/01/2014 178
    01/02/2014 177
    01/03/2014 177 TGIF :happy:
  • Helenabc
    Helenabc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for the January challenge. I have just started induction this week and I am excited to be on my way.

1/1/2014 168 pounds

All the best to everyone. Have a great week.

Helen :flowerforyou:
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I lost 45lbs last year doing Atkins but gained 30lbs back because of stress from family issues. My goal for Jan is to lose 10lbs.

1/1/14: 205.6
    1/3/14: 203.6
  • Back2Biz
    Back2Biz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I just joined the group, so anyone that needs/wants an Atkins friend, please add me!! I just started Atkins on January 1st... starting to get the infamous headache but I'm glad to hear that in a day or two I will feel better. I need to lose 40 pounds to be at my ultimate goal weight. I lost 20 pounds at the beginning of last year but hurt my foot and quit logging my food and ended up gaining it all back. So I'm starting over again!

Does anyone here eat the Atkins Bars? I got a few in the Free Kit that they send you and they are pretty tasty. Feel free to check out my Diary and make any recommendations. Could use any advice I can get! Thanks!!
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I just joined the group, so anyone that needs/wants an Atkins friend, please add me!! I just started Atkins on January 1st... starting to get the infamous headache but I'm glad to hear that in a day or two I will feel better. I need to lose 40 pounds to be at my ultimate goal weight. I lost 20 pounds at the beginning of last year but hurt my foot and quit logging my food and ended up gaining it all back. So I'm starting over again!

Does anyone here eat the Atkins Bars? I got a few in the Free Kit that they send you and they are pretty tasty. Feel free to check out my Diary and make any recommendations. Could use any advice I can get! Thanks!!

I enjoy the bars/shakes (my fav is the hazelnut one) but I have found that if you eat more than one a day, that your weight loss will stall, so be careful. The coupons they send you are great. I also really enjoy the EAS shakes. They are a bit cheaper and I believe lower in calories, but the same in NC. My food diary is open, also, so feel free to take a peek anytime!
  • timwhoa
    Options
    every time I try to calorie count lately I too fail horribly!,, I can only seem to win when I low carb,, what does work for me is the treat meal every now and then, especially if you have a good week on the scale, one meal, those things you miss,, have some, get right back on indcution, some people think it helps to keep you from stalling also
  • timwhoa
    Options
    I have a goal of 10 pounds for january,, lets do this
  • Pennben
    Pennben Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy to find this group. January will be my second month on Atkins and I'm hoping make as much progress as the first month.

My goal for this month is 10 pounds...hopefully, I'm already off and running as I haven't weighed myself since the 1st.

I'll check back weekly to cheer everyone on and hold myself accountable.
  • LuluNH
    Options
    01/01/2014 178
    01/02/2014 177
    01/03/2014 177
    01/04/2014 177
    I'm on prednisone and a very slow loser. I count carbs and calories because I am challenged by portion control every day!!
  • lancemom
    lancemom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started Atkins on the first. Not just because it it New Years, but because I know that it works for me. I have lost 2.5 Lbs and am ready to keep it going. Since I stopped eating low carb I have gained 25 Lbs in the 1 1/2 years.
    Where do you find the thing with the sliding scale of what you weigh that I see under a lot of your posts?
    Thanks!
  • lancemom
    Options
    Never mind, I found it. :)
  • mewiest
    mewiest Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am excited to have found this Atkins group and thrilled to see a January Challenge on....count me in!

I have a history of Atkins that you can check out in my profile if you are interested. Atkins is the only thing that works for me.

>^.^<
  • lancemom
    Options
    My goal is 10 lbs in January too.
  • JPortLo
    Options
    Just started today! Count me in! And good luck for all of you (us)! Let's do this!!
  • dyladog
    dyladog Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started induction on 12/28 so I'm about 1 week in. I have lost a couple pounds as of last Thursday but I haven't weighed myself since. I'm finding that my calories seem a bit higher the last couple of days due to the higher fat content. I have a history of low calorie, low fat dieting that has killed my metabolism. Not sure if the slight increase in calories will hamper the weight loss. I do think I need to eat more calories and that the extreme low calorie lifestyle has been to my metabolic detriment. So, I guess I'll see what happens. I'm still below my goal calories/day, especially if I exercise (which I do 5-6 days a week). Glad to have some support!
  • LuluNH
    Options
    01/01/2014 178
    01/02/2014 177
    01/03/2014 177
    01/04/2014 177
    01/05/2014 177

Still trying to match my ticker at 173 - having to re-trace some steps from the holidays!! Hoping I can get there by mid/late January and then break into some new territory!!