January Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!

Well yesterday was a bad binge, but today back on it. I decide to leave my diary private once and for all. Decided many of my friends do not understand binges and plus I am ashamed to make public and because of this it causes me not to log it all. Hoping that leaving it private will allow me to log it all, the good bad and ugly!!:wink:

Have a good weekend and keep checking in!:flowerforyou: Stay warm and be safe!:flowerforyou:

Good for you for getting right back on track! I understand completely and keeping my diary private has allowed me to be completely honest with myself about my food intake. Since June 1st I have logged each and every day and for the longest time I had it open to friends with a password. Only a couple of friends even had the password, and only one friend that I know of even looked/commented, but that was enough to make me self conscious (because she was not a binger and I know she did not understand). So, I'm glad to see you are doing what you need to do to keep yourself accountable. That is all that matters anyhow!

Have a great (and hopefully warm!) weekend too! :smooched:
    WOW!!! June 1st is phenomenal Diane!!! Keep up the good work!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks! My goal for February going forward is to log it all!! You know I have been flopping back and forth and even though people say they understand it they don't. This way I can see the real damage and hopefully help me to help myself because in the end that is the most important thing --That we are honest with ourselves 1st.

This morning I was the lady on GMA talk about her addiction to alcohol and her self-denial was great because she was a functioning alcoholic which made it worse because no one knew her problem except for her husband. It was an inspiring story and showed once again how we can be in self-denial about any addiction.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Jan 24

Me: 19*
    Binge: 5
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!

Well yesterday was a bad binge, but today back on it. I decide to leave my diary private once and for all. Decided many of my friends do not understand binges and plus I am ashamed to make public and because of this it causes me not to log it all. Hoping that leaving it private will allow me to log it all, the good bad and ugly!!:wink:

Have a good weekend and keep checking in!:flowerforyou: Stay warm and be safe!:flowerforyou:

Good for you for getting right back on track! I understand completely and keeping my diary private has allowed me to be completely honest with myself about my food intake. Since June 1st I have logged each and every day and for the longest time I had it open to friends with a password. Only a couple of friends even had the password, and only one friend that I know of even looked/commented, but that was enough to make me self conscious (because she was not a binger and I know she did not understand). So, I'm glad to see you are doing what you need to do to keep yourself accountable. That is all that matters anyhow!

Have a great (and hopefully warm!) weekend too! :smooched:
    WOW!!! June 1st is phenomenal Diane!!! Keep up the good work!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks! My goal for February going forward is to log it all!! You know I have been flopping back and forth and even though people say they understand it they don't. This way I can see the real damage and hopefully help me to help myself because in the end that is the most important thing --That we are honest with ourselves 1st.

This morning I was the lady on GMA talk about her addiction to alcohol and her self-denial was great because she was a functioning alcoholic which made it worse because no one knew her problem except for her husband. It was an inspiring story and showed once again how we can be in self-denial about any addiction.

Thanks Mollie! GreekyGirl & I made a pact and have been holding each other accountable. It has been working out great!

January 2014

Diane - 17
    Binge - 7
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    January 2014:

Mollie - 17
    The Binge - 7

Days I did NOT log it all - 7

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thanks Mollie! GreekyGirl & I made a pact and have been holding each other accountable. It has been working out great!
    Awesome!!
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    RECENTLY THE BINGE IS GIVING ME A THOROUGH BEAT DOWN A FEW DAYS A WEEK. STILL I TRY.

WEIGH IN EVERY DAY. FOOD TRACKING. LOOKING IN THE MIRROR. LOOKING AT PICS WHEN I WAS WITHIN MY TOLERANCE FOR WEIGHT AND BODY FAT PERCENTAGE. FELING TTHE DISCOMFORT OF MY TIGHT ILL FITTING CLOTHING WILL HELP... I HOPE.

I'M PUTTING IT ALL OUT HERE AND TELLING THE WHOLE TRUTH. IT WILL BE TOUCH & GO TODAY. SO FAR OK BUT I FEAR I WILL EAT RIGHT THEN FOLLOW IT WITH WITH A DOUBLE MEAL OF THE WRONG FOODS. PATHETIC I KNOW BUT I ALSO KNOW OTHERS HAVE BEEN HERE TOO.

TODAY I'M UP 23.2 LBS AND GOD KNOWS WHERE MY BODY FAT PERCENTAGE IS. I MUST HOLD ME AND ONLY ME ACCOUNTABLE. ONLY I CAN DO THIS. THANKS ALL FOR THE SUPPORT.

FOR REAL, I DON'T YELL AT FOLKS. I'M SIMPLY HARD OF SEEING. ;-)
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Me: 22

The Binge: 4

I've made progress, this is the first month I've had less than like 6-10 on the binge count.
  • MSWDiet
    Options
    I'M NOT THERE YET BUT THE BINGE IS LOOSING ITS GRIP. WHILE I ATE POORLY YESTERDAY THE AMOUNT OF FOOD WAS NEARER THE BOUNDS OF NORMALCY. TODAY WILL BE A BETTER DAY. MY MEAL PLAN IS OUTLINED AND I'M STICKING WITH IT.

TODAY IT WILL BE ME OVER THE BINGE!

• MSWDiet
    Options
    Me: 22

The Binge: 4

I've made progress, this is the first month I've had less than like 6-10 on the binge count.

@Sophrosyne_94

CONGRATS TO YOU!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    I'M NOT THERE YET BUT THE BINGE IS LOOSING ITS GRIP. WHILE I ATE POORLY YESTERDAY THE AMOUNT OF FOOD WAS NEARER THE BOUNDS OF NORMALCY. TODAY WILL BE A BETTER DAY. MY MEAL PLAN IS OUTLINED AND I'M STICKING WITH IT.

Great to see you MSWDiet!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    January 2014

Diane - 18
    Binge - 7
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

SUCCESS IS NEVER GIVING UP! :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Still was not able to log it all but I will get there.

January 2014:

Mollie - 17
    The Binge - 8

Days I did NOT log it all - 8

• lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Happy Friday!!

Have a good weekend and keep checking in!:flowerforyou: Stay warm and be safe!

Do what works for you. I don't judge but completely understand! Yes, stay warm...I've had enough of this Polar Vortex!!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Jan 26

Me: 21*
    Binge: 5
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Me: 20
    Binge: 7
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I need to start logging into this group again. It's been a bad week and I can feel all my clothes are tighter, uncomfortable, and I'm so bloated. I can feel the ugly cycle spinning again, feeling gross, guilty, like a failure, which makes me strive for a perfect day, which doesn't end up perfect, then I'm headfirst in another binge. Step by step, moment by moment if necessary, I will get back on track.

Really great to see all these high ME marks. :) great job everyone.
  • phabphour20
    Options
    January 2014

PP - 23
    The Binge - 3
    Workout - 10

Ugh. Bad weekend. No exercise and I binged both days. Back on the wagon today.
  • MSWDiet
    Options
    NO BINGE YESTERDAY! I NEED TO KEEP IT GOING AS I TRY TO GET BACK TO EATING ONLY WHAT'S PREPARED AT HOME. IT MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN CONTROLLING MY URGES.

NO SHOUTING, HARD OF SEEING. ;-)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    January 2014:

Mollie - 19
    The Binge - 8

Days I did NOT log it all - 8

This discussion has been closed.