Crossfit Victories

Replies

• Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Feel a bit silly posting my PR's on here as compared to all of you they are puny.

Managed a 60kg 3RM dead lift today, and did a 65kg 1RM, think I might have been able to do 70 but I was in the regular gym and couldn't risk dropping the bar.
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Feel a bit silly posting my PR's on here as compared to all of you they are puny.

Managed a 60kg 3RM dead lift today, and did a 65kg 1RM, think I might have been able to do 70 but I was in the regular gym and couldn't risk dropping the bar.

Don't feel silly. PRs are all relative, so as long as you're getting stronger and feeling good in your training, then you're doing great!!
    I got a 67.5kg back squat for 2 sets of 4 and was super proud, even though there was a girl in that session who was squatting around 100kg haha

And how annoying are regular gyms where you can't drop the bar?!
  • Inkratlet
    Very annoying! I also worry a little when I'm pushing the limits of what I can lift that I haven't got anyone to spot me and watch my form, so I played it a bit safe.

Thank you :)
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    After MORE THAN A YEAR of being stuck at 135# on my snatch, I can proudly declare that I broke that barrier last night with a 140# snatch and almost a 145# snatch. Now that that mental barrier is broken, time to move on to muscle ups... both bar and ring.

yay.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    After MORE THAN A YEAR of being stuck at 135# on my snatch, I can proudly declare that I broke that barrier last night with a 140# snatch and almost a 145# snatch. Now that that mental barrier is broken, time to move on to muscle ups... both bar and ring.

yay.

Awesome!!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Last night I got a PR on my clean (185 lbs) AND I RX'd the WOD (EMOM for 10Min 1Min/1 Power Clean, 2Min/2 Power Clean, 3Min/3 Power Clean, etc.) Even though I struggled with my split jerk I still consider last night a victory.
  • itsagr8daytolift
    itsagr8daytolift Posts: 55 Member
    This morning our WOD started with a buy in of 25 Toes 2 Bar

We had a skill in December to work on our T2B's and I couldn't get halfway to the bar :noway: ....today, I nailed one! I couldn't string them together, so our coach had me go to the rings.....lost my grip after stringing the 12th one, and then finished my 25

I'm elated I don't have to do 2:1 V-ups anymore!!!
  • ascrit
    This morning our WOD started with a buy in of 25 Toes 2 Bar

We had a skill in December to work on our T2B's and I couldn't get halfway to the bar :noway: ....today, I nailed one! I couldn't string them together, so our coach had me go to the rings.....lost my grip after stringing the 12th one, and then finished my 25

I'm elated I don't have to do 2:1 V-ups anymore!!!

Congrats!
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Last night I got a PR on my clean (185 lbs) AND I RX'd the WOD (EMOM for 10Min 1Min/1 Power Clean, 2Min/2 Power Clean, 3Min/3 Power Clean, etc.) Even though I struggled with my split jerk I still consider last night a victory.

Great job!
  • ascrit
    Last night I got a PR on my push press (175lbs) but more importantly I kept my form strong with my elbows up every time. It was tough and it hurt my wrists but hopefully I will keep improving my front rack flexibility.
  • voodoochylde76
    voodoochylde76 Posts: 5 Member
    Don't want to turn it into one of "those" threads (too many haters) but my recent CrossFit victory is a full recovery from an Achilles rupture .. 4 month recovery and am finally back to form .. no limitations and am getting ready for the Open. :)
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    After spraining my wrist at work... and not being able to lift, or do push ups or anything..... I now have the ok to start back slowly...

Did push ups using dumbbells so I don't have to bend my wrist back.. and did push press with just 35#.. But it was really exciting.

It is going to be a slow recovery and rebuilding of strength but I am really excited.
  • gramos0708
    gramos0708 Posts: 4 Member
    Well this might not seem like much for all you beasts out here, but my squat clean pr is 140lbs, which is 5lbs more than my body weight. This makes me happy. :)
  • voodoochylde76
    voodoochylde76 Posts: 5 Member
    Well this might not seem like much for all you beasts out here, but my squat clean pr is 140lbs, which is 5lbs more than my body weight. This makes me happy. :)

Any PR should be celebrated! Great work! :)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Great job to all the people setting PRs before me. Well done!

I weighed and measured in for the end of our 40 day Paleo challenge this morning. Down 14 lbs, neck down one inch to 18, chest down 2 inches to 48, belly down 3 inches (I don't remember the total, 41 or 42 inches?)

One day of gluttony then back on the wagon until I get under 270. I've been down to 284 3 times in the past 3 years and it's my sticking point. I am blowing that **** out of the water next week.
  • Inkratlet
    37.5kg push jerk PR :)
  • ascrit
    37.5kg push jerk PR :)

Way to go Inky!
  • -50 lbs, 315 lb deadlift, 235 back squat, 145 push press...about 80 lbs to go until goal weight...love my box, coaches, and great friends. Long live Crossfit :)
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Back squat PB at 72.5kg and RX'd 2 WODs in 2 days. Feeling good :)
  • ascrit
    New push jerk PR, 175 lbs.