Talking Dead: Team Daryl

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I'm still missing quite a few team members tonight. Message me by tomorrow morning (Central) at the latest. I can get your numbers if you posted them n this thread too, but it's best to message me, so that's can get your full totals.
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I did my best this week. I was only 43 minutes shy on the cardio and 4 minutes shy on the weights. Next week will be better!
    :flowerforyou:
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    My cold is still kicking my *kitten* pretty hard. I haven't been able to do my gym time like I used to. :sick:
    But I sucked it up, feeling a little better, and hit the gym for my 60 minutes of cardio there. Then I did 45 minutes of weights/stretching at home today.

It's tough when all I want to do is sleep and down Nyquil, but work keeps dragging me back in. Might be able to crank out another 60 at work, but we'll see.

:flowerforyou:

I too have been suffering with a cold . I usually do more cardio as well as strength training but between this cold and moving back into our house I am exhausted .

I hope to do lots better next week ...
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    For "cardio" minutes, since 240 is an extreme amount of high intensity cardio which is arguably overtraining/unnecessary even for fat loss, I included any time where my heart rate/activity level went over "rest" state (I wear a tracking device -- BMF). So this included anytime I was dancing, vigorously cleaning, walking for exercise (at a fast pace), etc. I think that we could all count those minutes for our cardio minutes and they don't all have to come from a workout video or class. Also, if you are lifting weights or doing quick paced body weight exercises or circuits where your heart rate is very high, I would count those as cardio AND weightlifting. Just my two cents, so team captain, let me know if I'm off base here.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    For "cardio" minutes, since 240 is an extreme amount of high intensity cardio which is arguably overtraining/unnecessary even for fat loss, I included any time where my heart rate/activity level went over "rest" state (I wear a tracking device -- BMF). So this included anytime I was dancing, vigorously cleaning, walking for exercise (at a fast pace), etc. I think that we could all count those minutes for our cardio minutes and they don't all have to come from a workout video or class. Also, if you are lifting weights or doing quick paced body weight exercises or circuits where your heart rate is very high, I would count those as cardio AND weightlifting. Just my two cents, so team captain, let me know if I'm off base here.
    I agree entirely. Any "cardio" counts. Including low intensity. As long as nothing gets double counted, you're good to go. So something that could count as strength training or cardio should be split up into the two or counted as one or the other, as the individual sees fit.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Not doing so good this week. TMI alert...it was my TOM when I don't work out as much. I did some martial arts and got some jogging in though. I did about 120 hours of cardio this week. I'll bring my A-game next week though!

120 hours of cardio?!? Holy crap! lol....I'm thinking maybe you meant minutes. :wink:
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Anyone else glued to the marathon? They're showing a lot of previews. Daryl, Carl and Michonne are looking like they are going be making some serious points tonight.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    I agree entirely. Any "cardio" counts. Including low intensity. As long as nothing gets double counted, you're good to go. So something that could count as strength training or cardio should be split up into the two or counted as one or the other, as the individual sees fit.

Okay good to know! Thanks :)
  • luckygohappy
    luckygohappy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Anyone else glued to the marathon? They're showing a lot of previews. Daryl, Carl and Michonne are looking like they are going be making some serious points tonight.

I have a toddler, so not so much lol but from the previews I have seen, it definitely makes me glad I chose Daryl over Rick (although I'm sure his injuries will be as short-lived as they were in the beginning). Looks like Tyreese will score some points for my hubby's team, too.
  • luckygohappy
    Options
    Let the zombie "killing" begin!!!! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Looks lke Michonne kicked our butts on the zombie kills tonight! Did they even show Daryl? Oh well we will catch up in no time :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Looks lke Michonne kicked our butts on the zombie kills tonight! Did they even show Daryl? Oh well we will catch up in no time :)
    Each week, Monday-Sat, is based on the prior Sunday's show, so Daryl has a great chance of winning with his nine from last time. Next week, there's a lot to overcome though. Michonne killed a whole herd. :noway: Who saw that coming!
  • Becky2816
    Becky2816 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Michonne was a beast! Too bad we didn't get to see our guy & his crossbow :-( Next week for sure! Last week I spent some time with the flu, but managed to get in 90 minutes of cardio & 60 of strength. Feelin' back up to zombie-killing speed now. Today I ran 2 miles & did some Pilates.
  • luckygohappy
    Options
    Yeah, this week definitely lacked sexiness!! What was with those 26 Michonne kills?!? :noway:
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Michonne was a beast! Too bad we didn't get to see our guy & his crossbow :-( Next week for sure! Last week I spent some time with the flu, but managed to get in 90 minutes of cardio & 60 of strength. Feelin' back up to zombie-killing speed now. Today I ran 2 miles & did some Pilates.

Thank you from team Michonne! I for one will not be slacking though. :) Great episode. It will be great to see who is in the spot light next week. Great run! Glad you are better.

Shelley
  • AndreaM000
    AndreaM000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wow! defiantly didn't see the herd kill coming! And I for sure almost thought Rick Died. hoping next week we see some Daryl!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I love how TWD can produce such an amazing episode with only 3 main characters running the whole episode. Sad to not see Daryl at all, but I loved to get to know Michonne's past and see Carl rage out, though he was very reckless about it. Next week's episode will no doubt have our main man in the spotlight, and I can't wait.

Cindy, are our cardio minutes 250, or 220? It mentions both in this week's challenge.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    I love how TWD can produce such an amazing episode with only 3 main characters running the whole episode. Sad to not see Daryl at all, but I loved to get to know Michonne's past and see Carl rage out, though he was very reckless about it. Next week's episode will no doubt have our main man in the spotlight, and I can't wait.

Cindy, are our cardio minutes 250, or 220? It mentions both in this week's challenge.
    250. I will go fix that. I was copy pasting it and didn't get it right, obviously. :laugh:
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    where will we find our punishment listed?
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    where will we find our punishment listed?
    Mika and Lizzie are still discussing it. Their captain will post it once it's been decided and we'll get up on all the challenge threads. I peeked in there and they're talking about..... I'm almost afraid to say it..... the dreaded Burpees. :sad: