Crossfit Victories

Replies

• ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Pulled a 215# DL today. After that the 65# clean was a breeze.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Strung together a couple of double unders tonight for the first time. Baby steps.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Strung together a couple of double unders tonight for the first time. Baby steps.

Congrats! Great job!
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Woop!
  • itsagr8daytolift
    itsagr8daytolift Posts: 55 Member
    I got a 2 for 1 PR today. Skill was 1 power clean + 3 front squats every 90 seconds (for 12 mins) while increasing weight after each set. Made it up to 115 lbs...after being stuck (out of fear, I think) at 95 for a while.....wohoo!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    nice!
  • hmanley66
    hmanley66 Posts: 57
    My victory- Making it to my 5th session on Saturday. You gotz to be crazy to keep coming back :)
  • itsagr8daytolift
    itsagr8daytolift Posts: 55 Member
    Thanks ascrit.

hmanley66...good job. I could barely crawl out of bed my first week, my husband thought I was insane for going back. I felt so much better after our warm ups. Looking back I'm so happy I didn't quit, this has been the best thing for me. I go Monday through Friday now and love it. Good luck to you!
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    I went through the Foundations class last week and today I completed my FIRST WOD! Looking forward to continuing with CrossFit to see how my body & mindset change
  • bostonwolf
    Have had a few random people comment lately that I look noticably slimmer. I lost about 14 lbs on our latest 40 day Paleo challenge but it was odd. I lost about 7lbs the first week, none the next 3 weeks, then 7 the last week. I was VERY strict too, very little cheating, controlled my calories but didn't starve myself, etc.

I think in those middle weeks my body composition was changing as I was losing weight. So things fit better, but the scale wasn't moving.

I know Paleo works for me so I just trusted the process and stuck with it. Gave myself a weekend of pizza, beer and donuts and now I'm back to pretty strict Paleo. Not challenge strict but 95% of it. I need to bust under 280 in the next few weeks, that's been my barrier for the last 3 years. I get to about 282 and then gain again. When I see 283 on the scale next I will be ramping up the workouts for about a week to push through it.
  • bostonwolf
    I went through the Foundations class last week and today I completed my FIRST WOD! Looking forward to continuing with CrossFit to see how my body & mindset change

It's truly amazing. Focus on form and safety FIRST. Look for weaknesses (for me overhead squats exposed my lack of hip flexibility, lack of core strength) and then do a bit extra. The speed and heavier weights will come slowly but surely.

I'd strongly suggest picking an achievable goat (like double unders) and doing an extra 10-15 minutes of work on it after class. I just started this and wish I had been doing it all along. I mention to all the new members I meet too. The sense of accomplishment from crossing that off your list of skills you need to achieve is great.
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    My latest victory: finishing a Hero WOD (Ship) 4 seconds before the time cap. You'll never see me do burpee box jumps so quickly!
  • ascrit
    My latest victory: finishing a Hero WOD (Ship) 4 seconds before the time cap. You'll never see me do burpee box jumps so quickly!

I did burpee box jumps in my cash-out last night. Those are no joke!

As for my recent victory, I hit a new PR on my push jerk; 185 lbs. I hope to get to 200 by the end of the year. :-)
  • bostonwolf
    Burpees are still my enemy but they are getting easier.

More DU progress. Last night I was able to string two together several times. Actually jumped in my running shoes which were actually quite comfortable for jumping. Curious to see how it goes with my NB Minimus tonight.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    So, my friend P-funk started a burpee challenge the other day. Basically, every day, you do one more burpee than you did yesterday. Burpees that you would be doing otherwise do not count towards your burpee challenge, though. So if you have a WOD that's burpees and box jumps, those don't count. (Wah wah).
    Going in, it was my intention to transition into a "two-a-day" type of routine, where I have some bodyweight exercises in the morning (at home) followed by my actual workout in the evening (at the gym). I might still get to that point, but at this point it's actually pushed me into working out every day instead of just five days each week. At the beginning, I forgot to do burpees on rest days, and had to make them all up the next day, so... I just stopped having complete rest days.

I call them active recovery days now. :tongue: Instead of resting (and not doing anything), now I do challenge burpees and some other skill work (swimming on Thursday, "arms day" on Sunday), plus some extra stretching and foam rolling. I'm quite pleased. I've wanted to get to a point where I was doing something every day, and here I am.
    restday-300x300.jpg
  • harrellap
    harrellap Posts: 17 Member
    30 thrusters with Rx of 75# yesterday...plus margueritas and jump overs...tired today but need to get to gym
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Did a 253# dead lift on Monday. Felt awesome!
  • ascrit
    So, my friend P-funk started a burpee challenge the other day.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member

Thought you might enjoy that. :P
    otter.gif

PS. Finally got my 100 pound clean and jerk.
  • ascrit

Thought you might enjoy that. :P
    otter.gif

PS. Finally got my 100 pound clean and jerk.

That is super great. Proud of you!