30 Day Plank Challenge

Options

Replies

• JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Got it in today.. went up by 5 seconds!! 1:35! Oh there was a whole lotta shakin goin on! LOL!!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,693 Member
    Options
    The things she tries to accuse me of. Something about steps. And walking around in the house after lights out! :laugh: :blushing:

Shelley
    Shelley, I do tend to accuse you of involving me in all things workout-related, don't I? :laugh: But honestly, if you hadn't taken me under your wing, I'd still be mushy. :blushing: So thank you to the nth degree! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Paula

Okay, back to business.

20 second planks x 3 (not modified - on the ground now); done!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Paula, outstanding!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,877 Member
    Options
    Shelly,

I place my watch on the floor directly under my nose. That way, if I collapse, I smash my face in. It gives me incentive to finish it.

Chuck

Must be a really nice watch. You could get a 10 x 10 piece of plywood. Bang about 50 nails or so through it and put it under your face for motivation. A little bed of nails. Now who could say you were not motivated? :laugh:

Steve it sure looks easy when others are doing it. :ohwell: It does get easier. Scouts honor. :flowerforyou:

Johnny great job man. I can see I will have to up my game. :grumble: You are smoking me. :smokin:

Paula while I love to hear such nice things about myself, it really was you. And I love teasing you as much as you do me. I invite lots of people to get off their mushy behinds. But they are to busy changing the channel. :laugh: You decided to do something about it. And for that I count you in my circle of friends. :smooched: Remember how little you knew about Exercise. But now I watch you give suggestions to others. I am such a proud mama. :blushing:

And Kathy I am hanging in here with you. Got 70 seconds done. Now we must catch up with my friend Johnny. I think I will attempt 2 minutes during a commercial watching The Walking Dead tonight. That should motivate me. If I collapse not only will I land face first into a mini bed of nails, but I will be devoured by flesh eating zombies. :noway:

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,693 Member
    Options
    Hey! Nice to see you here.

Steve, I'm with you on missing the 20 second level. I've been so proud of myself for doing them unmodified. That's going to change soon... :ohwell:

Chuck, Know your logging your earlier workouts. Hope you are recovering well.

Best wishes boys!
    Paula
  • CRody44
    Options
    Thanks, Paula. My eyes are doing great. Everything looks so bright and crisp. After Sunday I'll be able to exercise again.

Chuck
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,370 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everyone is having fun.

Kathy, Shelley and Johnny -- you're all killin me!

Chuck -- Glad your surgery went well and that you are recovering so nicely!

Paula -- You're doing a lot! Congratulations!

Okay...I only did 45 seconds today. You are all shaming me. I will have to up it tomorrow. Egad!

Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Got it in today.. went up by 5 seconds!! 1:35! Oh there was a whole lotta shakin goin on! LOL!!

Okay...now I have someone else to chase and keep me motivated. Good job!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy if you are going to chase Johnny you should bring your tennis racket. I hear he play's a pretty mean game.

Glad everyone is hanging in here. Chuck I think it was great doing them ahead. Did you get them both done?

Shelley
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Day 3 -- 30 seconds completed bright an early @ 5:45 am. I must be crazy.:laugh: :laugh:

Okay yes a 10 second increase felt like a lifetime..:laugh:

Flet this one even more than day 1. Don't get me wrong, it is a good feeling!
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    In for planks. Looks like I have some catching up to do tonight!
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Day 3 -- 30 seconds completed bright an early @ 5:45 am. I must be crazy.:laugh: :laugh:

Okay yes a 10 second increase felt like a lifetime..:laugh:

Flet this one even more than day 1. Don't get me wrong, it is a good feeling!

An additional 10 seconds...wowza...you're doing great!!!
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Day 3 - 85 seconds

It was a little tough this morning but I held it an additional 5 seconds. Now I'm going to get a DVD workout in as it's raining.
  • CRody44
    Options
    Day 3 - 30 seconds
  • CRody44
    Options
    Shelly,

Both are done now. The right was Jan 2nd and the left Feb 27.

Chuck
  • airdale8263
    Options

Care to be partners??? ..you know how already ?? and you can help me...lol
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Care to be partners??? ..you know how already ?? and you can help me...lol

I'll be your partner Steve :smile:
  • bonjojo
    bonjojo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've started these today, but started with Day 14 (timed myself last week and made it to 90 seconds, so that's how I decided to jump in). Well, maybe I started yesterday with Day 13 (rest day) hah! :happy:

This thing ending up at 5 minutes kind of scares me! :frown:
  • airdale8263
    Options
    Thanks mssheddy:smile: I have two partners to keep me on track now:laugh: :laugh: (I am in trouble:laugh: )
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Shelly,

Both are done now. The right was Jan 2nd and the left Feb 27.

Chuck

Glad to hear that. I can see! :)

Shelley