I confess- Single Peeps version

Replies

• OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    I confess that it has gotten to that point in the semester where it seems that the appropriate response to everything is to weep. Ugh. Five jobs, 15 credits, and an opera is just way too much :sad:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    I confess that it has gotten to that point in the semester where it seems that the appropriate response to everything is to weep. Ugh. Five jobs, 15 credits, and an opera is just way too much :sad:

Awww. If it's any consolation, I know how you feel. My last year of college I did 18 credits across two majors, audited a class, had five ensembles (all for 0 credit!), and was preparing for my senior recital - in both trombone and piano... You'll get through it. I promise. Oh, I forgot, I was also accompanying vocalists for their lessons and juries!
  • OperationSuperKAT
    Haha should have clarified. It is 15 grad credits. A full load is 9. I also accompany lessons/juries, and teach voice lessons. And work 20 hours a week at Dress Barn. And 15 a week as a grad assistant. And have to be in opera rehearsal 6-8 hours a week, and sing soprano section leader in a church choir. Plus, I have to learn Brahms Requiem, except hopefully not the whole thing because I am audition for the soprano solo today and I hope I got enough sleep, but probably not because I also have a huge test in analytical techniques over 100 pages of material, omg. Sleep. I miss it.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    I know that feel. I am doing 18 credits (full load is 12), but the same classes were over 20 last year (CA made them nerd the classes), spending 11 hours on the zoo almost everyday cleaning, doing turnovers, etc, as well as working graveyard 30 hours a week. I find myself napping almost anywhere I sit still long enough.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    It's terrible, right?? 6 more weeks....aaahh
  • TheKitsune6
    Yes and no. Being tired kinda sucks, but I love my classes and being on the zoo. And my job doesn't suck. So it's definitely a good kind of exhausting.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    As exhuasting as all that sounds I would still at least you all are doing things you love and going for what you want.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    True. I could skip Dress Barn though. And being an opera ga. I love singing, and I am good at it, but it gets frustrating knowing that I am going to earn a master's degree and still not make a steady income as an opera singer and work six more jobs just to pay the bills. Like I said, right now I am just exhausted, and having to work closely with our opera director who is loyally power tripping right now and making everyone's life miserable. It will be fine, but sometimes you just have to vent...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    True. I could skip Dress Barn though. And being an opera ga. I love singing, and I am good at it, but it gets frustrating knowing that I am going to earn a master's degree and still not make a steady income as an opera singer and work six more jobs just to pay the bills. Like I said, right now I am just exhausted, and having to work closely with our opera director who is loyally power tripping right now and making everyone's life miserable. It will be fine, but sometimes you just have to vent...
    :frown: hope things get better for you Kate!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    As exhuasting as all that sounds I would still at least you all are doing things you love and going for what you want.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • bregalad5
    Haha should have clarified. It is 15 grad credits. A full load is 9. I also accompany lessons/juries, and teach voice lessons. And work 20 hours a week at Dress Barn. And 15 a week as a grad assistant. And have to be in opera rehearsal 6-8 hours a week, and sing soprano section leader in a church choir. Plus, I have to learn Brahms Requiem, except hopefully not the whole thing because I am audition for the soprano solo today and I hope I got enough sleep, but probably not because I also have a huge test in analytical techniques over 100 pages of material, omg. Sleep. I miss it.

My bad. Sorry for the empathy.

Sincerely,
    Full-time teacher and full-time grad student
  • OperationSuperKAT
    Bre -- sorry, didn't mean to offend. It's not a competition to see who is the busiest. I was really just venting. Sorry.

Thanks everyone! Actually, I sang in my performance class today my aria from Il Trovatore and it went so well!!! Which reminded me of why I am here. Goal tonight: get some sleep ;-)
  • bregalad5
    Bre -- sorry, didn't mean to offend. It's not a competition to see who is the busiest. I was really just venting. Sorry.

Thanks everyone! Actually, I sang in my performance class today my aria from Il Trovatore and it went so well!!! Which reminded me of why I am here. Goal tonight: get some sleep ;-)

It just came off as a bit of a b*tchy response to me saying I understand and have been there. I was simply trying to empathize with you. Having grown up with a mother whose primary goal in life seems like it's to one-up people, I'm used to my empathy getting responses like that, so I tend to turn defensive.
  • TheKitsune6
    I kinda just figured we were all sharing exhaustion together? O___o
    *hides*

MM, yeah, true that! I was asking one of the foxes behaviors today and she let me hold and manipulate her paw. Then I kinda went balls to the wall and asked for her "kiss" behavior and she rubbed her foxy nose on my face which is incredible considering how skittish the foxes are and, well, I've just never been so excited about snot before <3
  • MissingMinnesota
    *hides*

MM, yeah, true that! I was asking one of the foxes behaviors today and she let me hold and manipulate her paw. Then I kinda went balls to the wall and asked for her "kiss" behavior and she rubbed her foxy nose on my face which is incredible considering how skittish the foxes are and, well, I've just never been so excited about snot before <3

awwwwwwwwwwwww

I get exhausted with my social schedule but it is easy to take a break from that. Not looking forward to a 1pm softball game on sunday after going out for my birthday saturday night with shot happy friends.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    *hides*

No way, you've been in hiding for way too long around here as it is lately! :wink:

Love hearing how excited you get with your animal stories! So cute!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    I confess that I screwed up my tax return by not taking my personal deduction. The IRS notified me that it amended the claim and deposited the corrected refund in my account this morning. The error resulted in a 40% larger refund. I used the unexpected money to pay off my car today. The remainder of the extra refund will go towards my student loans. Only 4 years and 9 months left on those payments :sad: :noway:
  • TheKitsune6
    I confess I got to ask Hollywood (the amazon) to step up onto my hand and then ask him for other behaviors!! And the turkey vulture (officially named Marco) has been taking steps with some support! PT is going well!
  • MissingMinnesota
    I confess I might be getting a 2nd cat. My cat has been bored since I am gone most of the day and I think he needs a playmate.
  • bregalad5
    It bothers me when one of my co-workers talks about how she's started losing weight. Why does this bother me? Well, she's started a new "diet", which is a doctor-supervised 800 cal a day diet. The problem is, her starting size can't be much bigger than a size FOUR. I'd kill to have her body, but she's "too fat". What doctor in his right mind would have someone that size on that restrictive a diet??????