I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I knew him from a club we belonged too.
    There were a lot of eye's going back and forth between us.
    I thought he was just shy, vice versa
    So when I got the courage to ask him to go to the bike path with me, I thought he'd say yes.
    He said No, he was busy with work.
    So I said maybe we can do something at night.
    He did not reply.
    So In this particular case, Perception is not reality.
    Those looks he was giving me must have been something in my imagination.
    Well... at least you know now. Time to look elsewhere.

That's great that you built up the courage to ask! As Flim said, now you know and can look elsewhere.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I knew him from a club we belonged too.
    There were a lot of eye's going back and forth between us.
    I thought he was just shy, vice versa
    So when I got the courage to ask him to go to the bike path with me, I thought he'd say yes.
    He said No, he was busy with work.
    So I said maybe we can do something at night.
    He did not reply.
    So In this particular case, Perception is not reality.
    Those looks he was giving me must have been something in my imagination.
    Well... at least you know now. Time to look elsewhere.

That's great that you built up the courage to ask! As Flim said, now you know and can look elsewhere.

While it sucks to get rejected, it was awesome you stepped up and made a move! Sure it doesn't feel awesome, but now you know and you can move forward instead of continuing to pine. Next time don't wait a year though ;)
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Confessing that I'm just damn happy today.

Been awhile since I've felt this good... think my hike yesterday had a lot to do with it, Star Trek this afternoon with my daughter and new friends...and a decent amount of sleep the last couple days.

Happy girl.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I confess that I can't believe how amazingly awesomely incredible my weekend was. I'm so sad it's over :sad:

(Except for the fact that I twisted both of my ankles in a drunken stupor Saturday night and they both hurt so bad!)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I confess that I can't believe how amazingly awesomely incredible my weekend was. I'm so sad it's over :sad:

(Except for the fact that I twisted both of my ankles in a drunken stupor Saturday night and they both hurt so bad!)

Great pic!! If your weekend involved those 4 guys I can understand your excitement Brega :bigsmile:
  • bregalad5
    Options

Great pic!! If your weekend involved those 4 guys I can understand your excitement Brega :bigsmile:

edit: HOLY JESUS THESE PICS ARE BIG! SORRY! (you'll have to right click - view image, especially on the first one)

OMG I WISH!!! Nah, I got to meet them and hang out with them for a bit - they're my favorite band.

Speaking of them, Kit... I said I'd give you a couple pics, so here you go:

980880_716056026824_347485495_o.jpg

om nom nom:
    378073_716056460954_1654511592_n.jpg

379625_716056386104_551372090_n.jpg

and my videos are here:
    http://www.youtube.com/musicrachel83
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have given over 30 PPD's to co-worders today and my nerves are frazzeled at this point
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess I can't wait for this week to be over. My manager is out so I am handing out work for him. It is end of the month and I do purchase money mortgages so it is our busy week. I will be lucky to get through it with all my hair still attached to my head. Yesterday we ended up being half staff because 1 person scheduled out, 1 person out sick, 1 person went home sick, and 1 person missed his connecting flight in china and had to wait 2 days before the next he could get on. The 4 of us left were run ragged.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    im freaking out so bad about my race this weekend that my period is now a week late due to stress
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    im freaking out so bad about my race this weekend that my period is now a week late due to stress

Why are you freaking out?
  • yoovie
    Options

cause im injured and i cant do good and the best i can hope for is to finish
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options

Oh, sweet beautiful, Yoovie....

You've given so much good advice... if you were listening to someone say this, what would you say?

First off, you'll be meeting some wonderful people there... THAT should be your main focus. Friends.
    Second... you'll do just fine. Fitness is not always about being the best. Yes, you're injured and you won't be able to perform to the best of your ability and that's a huge frustration, but think of how far you've come. Could you do this race at all before you lost your weight and started on the way to your bada$$ self? Probable not. There is no shame in "just finishing".

Just go and do your best. No stress... go be your wonderful self and enjoy your friends - they love you... injured or not! :flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

You've given so much good advice... if you were listening to someone say this, what would you say?

First off, you'll be meeting some wonderful people there... THAT should be your main focus. Friends.
    Second... you'll do just fine. Fitness is not always about being the best. Yes, you're injured and you won't be able to perform to the best of your ability and that's a huge frustration, but think of how far you've come. Could you do this race at all before you lost your weight and started on the way to your bada$$ self? Probable not. There is no shame in "just finishing".

Just go and do your best. No stress... go be your wonderful self and enjoy your friends - they love you... injured or not! :flowerforyou:

Also keep in mind it's all fun and games.

But then again, I'm the kind of person who laughs when they suck at sports. Maybe you're not like that but seriously it's fun not giving a crap about things!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

^^ this. good luck yoovie! u are awesome.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I confess I got home and put on my workout clothes yesterday but fell asleep on the bed instead haha. oops. its the thought that counts right?
  • yoovie
    Options
    I confess I got home and put on my workout clothes yesterday but fell asleep on the bed instead haha. oops. its the thought that counts right?

that's called muscle confusion
  • yoovie
    Options
    thanks you guys :heart:
  • bregalad5
    Options
    I confess my body is so exhausted these cases feel twice as heavy as usual today. It's truck day so had to unload the truck and we're about to do a lot of stocking so I have to lift them anyway. Blaaaaah. At least I get paid to work out???
  • bregalad5
    Options

At least you can run and potentially finish well. When I do 5ks, the best I can ever hope for is to finish, and not on a stretcher, like you're saying you will do this time. Even when I've been running and am in decent running shape, finishing is a miracle for me due to my knees. I neatly cry every time I cross that damn finish line.
    All that to say, be thankful for what you have, and that you can do what you do, because there are some of us who can't do these things and would kill to be able to.
  • yoovie
    Options

At least you can run and potentially finish well. When I do 5ks, the best I can ever hope for is to finish, and not on a stretcher, like you're saying you will do this time. Even when I've been running and am in decent running shape, finishing is a miracle for me due to my knees. I neatly cry every time I cross that damn finish line.
    All that to say, be thankful for what you have, and that you can do what you do, because there are some of us who can't do these things and would kill to be able to.

Yeah, Im one of the broken ones that cant ever do it and Im just getting a bit delusional thinking I can if i have enough painkillers. I cant run, is exactly the problem - I cant even put weight on my left foot. Leaving my crutches in the car and taking a mouthful of pain pills lol