I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I think she meant that it was all about men looking for women and women looking for men. There was no talk about men looking for men (i.e. age difference rule) or women looking for women.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    It also doesn't mention black guys/girls looking for white girls/guys. They just used the most common demoninator. Not something to get up in arms about.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Was it any good?? I rented Zero Dark 30 last night and it bored me to sleep!! I also rented Django Unleased, and it was pretty good!

I liked it. Plenty of action and bits of humor sprinkled through out. I know many hard core Star Trek fans don't like JJ Abrams and how he rebooted the series but I think he's doing a good job.

I only get that from the hard core elistists who can admit how kitschy bad the original Star Trek show/movie(s) was(were). I love the original series because it's silly and it makes me laugh. But I also acknowledge that it's incredibly silly, and it makes me laugh. It's like people that get pissy about GI Joe or Transformers because they only like the originals. Um, okay, those cartoons are so much fun, but they're REALLY BADLY DONE and if you can't admit that then I think it's more an issue of stubborn nostalgia and not worth listening to.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    hahah just got this message from POF creator,

"In sticking with my vision that POF is all about Relationships, I'm going to make a bunch of changes to ensure it stays a relationship-focused site.

1. Any first contact between users that contains sexual references will not be sent. Anyone who tries to get around this rule will be deleted without warning. This rule has actually been in effect since last month and it's made the site much better.

2. You can only contact people +/- 14 years of your age. There is no reason for a 50 year old man to contact 18 year old women. The majority of messages sent outside those age ranges are all about hookups. Anyone who tries to get around this rule will get deleted.

3. Intimate Encounters will go away in the next few months. There are 3.3 million people who use the site every day, of those there are only 6,041 single women looking for Intimate Encounters. Of those 6,041 women, the ones with hot pictures are mostly men pretending to be women. Intimate encounters on POF can be summed up as a bunch of horny men talking to a bunch of horny men pretending to be women.

In short the vast majority of people will not be impacted. This is because the vast majority of people are not going around spamming women saying "let's have sex tonight". I can't change POF along, I need your help to get the word out there that POF is all about relationships!"

Bullet point 3 made me snort.

LOL!! I wonder by what metrics he defines it as having got better in the last month.
  • JanieJack
    Options
    I confess I was so disappointed with "The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy" by the folks who did "He's not that into you" that I tossed it after 10 minutes into the audiobook. I thought it was gonna be a guide on how to know when to break up (and how to tell when you're just stressing over something not worth breaking up over).

Instead, it was basically "you're so lame you got dumped yet again... here let me help you feel better about yourself." I can't even recommend it for that purpose because even though the authors told stories of dumb things they did when they got drunk, their voices were quite condescending. Maybe if I had the book instead of the audiobook I'd have read more.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I cant use POF for hookups anymore :( Everytime I send a hottie a message about banging he accuses me of being a moderator trying to trap him and deactivate his account.

Now I have to fake relationship intentions with every dude I message and then spring a bait and switch on him for the first date :( Sucks acting like I care about him in the meantime though. But whatevs, Im pretty convincing in person.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The POF message made me scratch my head and wonder about the complete disregard or mention of use by homosexuals...

I think it was the bit about 'intimate encounters' being horny men talking to horny men [pretending to be women] that made my brain think, well... of course there are horny men talking to horny men. Do you realize how many gay men resort to online dating? I realize the way it was worded was intended to be humorous, but it just came off as distasteful and a bit ignorant to me.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    hmmm havent had a POF account for a long time..I might just have to make one again lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    The POF message made me scratch my head and wonder about the complete disregard or mention of use by homosexuals...

I think it was the bit about 'intimate encounters' being horny men talking to horny men [pretending to be women] that made my brain think, well... of course there are horny men talking to horny men. Do you realize how many gay men resort to online dating? I realize the way it was worded was intended to be humorous, but it just came off as distasteful and a bit ignorant to me.

They were talking about people trolling and catfishing not anything to do with gay men. I think people have become oversensitive and politically correct that they automatically think there is more in sentence than intended.
  • yoovie
    Options

They were talking about people trolling and catfishing not anything to do with gay men. I think people have become oversensitive and politically correct that they automatically think there is more in sentence than intended.

agreed, just like when someone says "you" and means it in a plural form and the person they are speaking to takes offense.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

agreed, just like when someone says "you" and means it in a plural form and the person they are speaking to takes offense.

That always happens to me...I always write "you" and hope the person understands!
  • yoovie
    Options
    same here
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm so excited I just found out I will more than likely get to meet two of my oldest online friends (a couple) that I still keep in touch with in a couple weeks :D My upcoming week of excitement (no, not sexual excitement, unfortunately) just got even better!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess that every time it thunders out the lyrics "Thunder all through the night, promise to see Jesus in the morning light" go through my head. Damn earworm doesn't ever leave me.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am giving up on dating for awhile. I don't think I'm very good at it. :frown:
  • jenbit
    Options
    I confess that the fact that I have been forced to sit on my couch with my foot propped up for 2 weeks (except for when I'm at work) is driving me slowly insane ... I need the fricken ankle to stop hurting and the swelling to go down so I can go back to the gym......

Not working out is making my feel flabby and fat :cry: :sad: :sad: :sad: I hate being injured
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess that the fact that I have been forced to sit on my couch with my foot propped up for 2 weeks (except for when I'm at work) is driving me slowly insane ... I need the fricken ankle to stop hurting and the swelling to go down so I can go back to the gym......

Not working out is making my feel flabby and fat :cry: :sad: :sad: :sad: I hate being injured

Can you do situps with your ankle up on a ball?
  • jenbit
    Options

Can you do situps with your ankle up on a ball?

my Dr literally told me to not do any working out because you automatically tighten the muscles in your leg and that can damage the ankle more.... He didnt even want me walking for work but I told him I had to .........
    Its getting better its just so slow
  • yoovie
    Options
    what did you do to your ankle?
  • JanieJack
    Options
    I confess my new swimsuit is so fabulous that I'm not at all upset like I normally would be that I bought it at Lane Bryant