Arriving today Wahoo Speed/Cadence sensor:
    31cLPWSTMpL.jpg

and also
    bell_1.png
    Spurcycle bell was just installed
  • slocyclist
    Options
    Spurcycle bell was just installed

I got mine in the first Kickstarter shipment. Sure is a nice bell, and tiny!
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Saw my tire guy today...

imagejpg1_zps59196936.jpg
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Moving up from the cell phone GPS. And early birthday present from the husband. On sale!

http://www.rei.com/product/807089/garmin-edge-500-wireless-bike-computer
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Sock Swag.

85c45f98c27011e393180002c954fd52_8.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    Sock Swag.

85c45f98c27011e393180002c954fd52_8.jpg

Nice socks. :laugh: :laugh: My favorites are the head socks.
  • Scudder76
    Scudder76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Nice. I have a sock problem that goes well beyond my cycling. I once made the mistake of counting how many pairs I have... Once.
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    IMG_0361.jpg

New Cosmic SLE's just need the legs ;)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Harksy - Very nice bike! :wink:
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    IMG_0361.jpg

Thats one serious pair of new wheels Alan... I'm always surprised at the (ahem) slightly low quality wheels shipped as standard with fully-built bikes - I suppose that it makes some sort of sense, in that anyone wanting to spend a grand or more on wheels are going to have their own preferences as to weight/aero/width profiles/materials - but so many bikes that are over £2,000 or more come with a pair of £200 (retail price) wheels - okay as a pair of winter or training wheels, but as "Race Day" or "Sunday Best" they're a bit Meh...

I've a "nice enough" pair of Ultegra 6700 wheels on the Dolan at the moment - 1652g quoted weight that have been pretty much bomb-proof, think I've had to tweak the rear maybe 2-3 times (every time when I've hit a pothole deep enough to snakebite the tyre) in over 2 years. They're low(ish) depth and not the "fashionably wide" profile, but they're tight, responsive and smooth as a freshly oiled otter. For spring and autumn I've their "baby brothers" - the RS-20's (105 level) which are 90-95% of the wheel performance for half the price, but they're definitely heavier and accelerate slower, even with my meagre engine it's noticeable.

If I was down to my racing weight I might be tempted to treat myself to a pair of the RS-81c50's but I sort of get the shakes at the prospect of spending more than £500 on something like "system wheels" that are locked into their own spoke systems... maybe that's just the geriatric wheelbuilder in me coming out...
  • harksy
    Options
    Cheers Guys
    1st run out in them today and I don't know if it was psychological but they carried me to win the 30sign home sprint in Group one today :smile:
    worth every penny just for that satisfaction.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Tres' Magnifique Al!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Harsky - That's fantastic! I don't care if it is psychological or not. If it worked it was worth it. :wink: :wink:
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Postie has just been...

13991792801_17eb47ff3d.jpg

:happy:

Guess what I'll be doing tonight???
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    IMG_0361.jpg

Thats one serious pair of new wheels Alan... I'm always surprised at the (ahem) slightly low quality wheels shipped as standard with fully-built bikes - I suppose that it makes some sort of sense, in that anyone wanting to spend a grand or more on wheels are going to have their own preferences as to weight/aero/width profiles/materials - but so many bikes that are over £2,000 or more come with a pair of £200 (retail price) wheels - okay as a pair of winter or training wheels, but as "Race Day" or "Sunday Best" they're a bit Meh...

I've a "nice enough" pair of Ultegra 6700 wheels on the Dolan at the moment - 1652g quoted weight that have been pretty much bomb-proof, think I've had to tweak the rear maybe 2-3 times (every time when I've hit a pothole deep enough to snakebite the tyre) in over 2 years. They're low(ish) depth and not the "fashionably wide" profile, but they're tight, responsive and smooth as a freshly oiled otter. For spring and autumn I've their "baby brothers" - the RS-20's (105 level) which are 90-95% of the wheel performance for half the price, but they're definitely heavier and accelerate slower, even with my meagre engine it's noticeable.

If I was down to my racing weight I might be tempted to treat myself to a pair of the RS-81c50's but I sort of get the shakes at the prospect of spending more than £500 on something like "system wheels" that are locked into their own spoke systems... maybe that's just the geriatric wheelbuilder in me coming out...

I wanted Ksyrium SLS's when I bought my 'Elite's', but I couldn't justify the cost... Maybe next time?!

326546.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Must confess a soft spot for Mavic myself - my first proper race wheels were a pair of Shimano 600EX Hubs (fore-runner of Ultegra) 32h-SF with red label Mavic GP4's built with d-b chrome Sapim Spokes 2-cross. Of course this is WAY before system wheels became the norm (after the Campag Shamal's were launched, and everyone else jumped on the bandwagon)
  • slocyclist
    Options
    I picked up a used, but almost like new Acorn Bags Boxy Rando bag for my Bridgestone RB-T. Waiting on a Nitto M12 rack for it.

boxy3.jpg
  • harksy
    Options
    I believe there is a rule when it comes to spending money and cycling?
    mortgage your house if necessary :smile:
  • harksy
    Options
    Postie has just been...

13991792801_17eb47ff3d.jpg

:happy:

Guess what I'll be doing tonight???

getting two punctures on your tricycle? :laugh:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Buying tyres three at a time brought back memories of early season in my teens... Back when I was riding tubulars and couldn't afford to buy them 10 at a time and store them in the cellar till needed...