April workout check in thread - aprilliant workouts here!

Options

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I love reading rambling!

This week I'm testing my 1RM so I'll have a big post on Fri.

Everyone is having awesome numbers, and box jumps scare me!

Stef your hair is super cute.
  • bat3girl
    bat3girl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Since yesterday was a lift day for me, today was cardio (I can't get away from it) Elliptical for 45 minutes on high resistance and incline and this evening after work I went to my hour long Karate class, I didn't burn a ton of calories in class today but it does help with balance, mind body connection and flexibility.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Squats - 5x5 @ 145lbs - this was realllllly hard and my right glute is already sore. I hope I didn't hurt myself; my form sucked pretty badly on the last set.

OHP - 5x5 @ 65lbs - broke my 3-week stall!!! YAY! Totally preparing for another multi-week stall at 65lbs... lol

DL - 1x5 @ 155lbs

Upright rows - 3x10 @ 45lbs

@krok - you and those box jumps!!! I wish there was a thumbs up smiley!

@Diane - yeah, OHP is definitely a tough one, but you'll get used to the bar.

@stef - way to go on breaking your stalls!!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    @krok - you and those box jumps!!! I wish there was a thumbs up smiley!

This one would do! :drinker:

Seriously, everyone looked frightened when the instructor taught us how to do the box jumps. So you're not alone. Once you try it though you'll realize you can jump a lot higher than you think. Start out small and build confidence. Just... not too much. >_>

@batgirl martial arts are awesome! Ellipticals, not so much xD
  • bat3girl
    bat3girl Posts: 8 Member
    Options

@batgirl martial arts are awesome! Ellipticals, not so much xD

I know, i am trying to be more creative.
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Meh. Squats are still deloaded because I'm trying to totally stop pitching forward at the end of the lift, and really lock into my heels.
    I rounded my lower back on my deads during warm ups, but I did well on my working weight! I guess it's because I was more focused and determined. And I'm still practicing 1-legged RDLs, so I threw in a single set of those; my left side has trouble balancing!

Squats: 2x5 115lbs, 1x5 125lbs

OHP: 4x3 55lbs

Deadlift: 1x5 185 lbs, 1x10 135lbs

Hip Thrusts: 3x12 95lbs
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Krok, I've said it before, you are a MACHINE!!

Great work ladies, there are so many great things happening in this thread!

I missed doing squats on the weekend, so I did them last night instead, my 5 week of 5/3/1

Warmup Sets:
    5 x 80 pounds
    5 x 95 pounds
    3 x 115 pounds

Working Sets:
    5 x 125 pounds
    5 x 145 pounds
    5 x 165 pounds- I failed on this set, I got 1 set of 3 and then a second set of 1. I found 160 to be really hard when I did it a month ago, I may be reaching my max on squats finally.

Assistance Work:
    Split Squat-3 sets of 15 @ 65 pounds
    Back Extension-3 sets of 10 @ 35 pounds

I'm hoping I was just having an off day with squats, but we'll see. I'm going to be trying unassisted chinups again on Wednesday though, wish me luck!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Still on my lifting break, but I had a good checkup at the Dr's and I should be all set in starting Strong Curves next week.

So today I decided I was going to work on my 2 min endurance for boxing by doing intervals on the treadmill. Did a 2 min on, 1 min slower pace run for 2 miles. Was able to complete it in 16:44 which is a good time for me, just about a minute over my all time PR run.

Basically each 1 min "rest" (not that you can call it a rest) was at 6 mph, the 2 min intervals broke down to 8.5, 8, 8, 7.5, 7 and then the last minute was between 8 and 8.5. Next time I'll try to get two intervals at 8.5 to start with.

After that I went and did some body weight work with 2 sets each --

pull ups strict, no assistance - 4; 15 push ups, 10 stability ball pikes
    10 per side cable wood choppers @45 lbs, 10 band pull apart, 10 back extensions

Finished off with some yoga poses for stretching and then had to clean up the puddle of sweat I left on the mat.

And box jumps are no joke. I still haven't decided to start throwing them into the mix. I like my shins. :laugh:
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Today:

Squats 140 lbs 5x5

Bench 85 lbs 3x5

Rows 70 lbs 3x5

1 mile run
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Wee! Training session #2 was fun! We did deadlifts, med ball cleans (which are great for learning to drop under! I might've gotten better at my bar cleans too!) and hang swings to knees to bows in a progression towards toes to bar. Oh, and there were "cheat" burpees. Basically, replacing the push-up with letting your chest drop to the ground. I kinda suck at those. Honestly, my legs tire out before my arms anyway xD

Then the WOD was 8 mins AMRAP of
    8 deadlifts (loaded my bar @75lbs. Almost went for 95 but tried a few reps and didn't feel it. It was a good choice)
    8 burpees
    8 hanging knee raises or K2B

I managed just shy of 5 rounds. I knocked out the last 3 knee raises about 30 seconds after the end timer.

Whew!

Oh, and then we finished with prowler sprints. 0, 15, 30, 65lbs for 10m or so back and forth. (I was the one who cheerfully said FINISHER! when the trainer asked us if we wanted to stretch or do a finisher xP) Good times. Needless to say I was ravenous when I got back home. I still want more food D:

@rugby I'm starting to believe I may be a little crazy. But don't tell my parents, okay? =P

@jstout nice run! I still consider 6mph to be somewhat a steady pace for me! lol. You're one of the girls here that makes me believe I may not be that insane after all! (That's a compliment!) Or maybe we're just both cuckoo in the head. Doesn't matter!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    No Krok I'm pretty much convinced that you and Jstout are both a bit touched. I mean that lovingly though.:flowerforyou:
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    No Krok I'm pretty much convinced that you and Jstout are both a bit touched. I mean that lovingly though.:flowerforyou:

I don't think you'll ever have to worry about tossing them in the dumpster! :laugh:
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    So after weeks of careful lifting to start the strength building in my wrist after rehab, I finally increased my weights.
    5x5x50 for bench
    5x5x50 for rows
    5x5x55 for squat...I actually did sets of 10 for sets 2-4. Trying to keep up strength and not hurt myself again. Last set I did 2 count up and 2 count down for each movement. Also ran intervals of 200, 100 and 50s for a mile. And took my 90 # rottie puppy for a walk with my 2 kids.
    I'm hoping that by this time next year I will be able to use my "regular" weight. I have lost a significant amount of muscle mass and strength this year.:angry:

@stout=I boxed in college for two years. Stopped when I had laser eye surgery (dr said I could damage my eye sight with direct blow to my eye). Managed to learn to love it in only 6 months. It is my feeling that EVERY ONE should box at least for a year just to gain an understanding of the pain your body can withstand (or have multiple C-sections...both pretty much can suck in a good way)

@krok=woman you are a beast.

@bat girl=welcome!
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Squat 65kg 5x5
    HARD! Pretty bad form on the last set, definitely staying at 65kg for a while

Bench 40kg 5x5 then tried 42.5kg at the end for 2 reps
    I'll break this plateau, I swear!

Barbell row 35kg 5x5
    Brutal deload because I realized I've been doing it wrong all along. I've been paying attention to my back position while forgetting about anything else. Nevermind, I'll work my way up from here. It should help my with the dreaded bench as well.

Upright rows with empty oly bar (20 kg) 3x8
    Lat raise dumbbells 5kg 3x8 then tried 6kg for 4 reps
    Dumbbell bent-over row 10kg 3x8 (hard)
    Plank 3x40
  • jstout365
    Options

I don't think you'll ever have to worry about tossing them in the dumpster! :laugh:

Krok and me on the crazy train ---

gif_troll_train.gif

Come join us! It's fun! There are lots of gifs!
  • jstout365
    Options
    @stout=I boxed in college for two years. Stopped when I had laser eye surgery (dr said I could damage my eye sight with direct blow to my eye). Managed to learn to love it in only 6 months. It is my feeling that EVERY ONE should box at least for a year just to gain an understanding of the pain your body can withstand (or have multiple C-sections...both pretty much can suck in a good way)

That's awesome. Yes, I think people have a hard time getting past the idea that something very rewarding could hurt. I've never really had an aversion to pain so I usually dive right in. Sure pain sucks in the moment, but getting past it can be a great mental exercise. My instructor was surprised that everyone continued boxing once they got hit. He said some people just go on the defensive and stop fighting. I didn't have a C-section, but I did half of my labor drug free and yeah, that was rough.

I didn't think about the laser eye surgery thing. I had mine done over 10 years ago and I did mention to my eye dr that I was boxing at my last appointment, but he didn't indicate it would be a problem.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options

gif_troll_train.gif

Too much awesomeness for just one train :drinker:
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Great stuff going on here!

I finally trained yesterday after almost two weeks of nothing...

I only deloaded the squats, everything else was okay after I carefully tried.

Squats

47,5kg 5x5 (104lbs)

OHP

25kg 5x5 (55lbs)

Dead

62,5kg 5x5 (132lbs) - my goal was to hit 100kg until my birthday but I just realized that this is not possible...hmpf!

Then I did some barbell complexes and walked a bit. Later I went grocery shopping by foot.
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options

gif_troll_train.gif

Too much awesomeness for just one train :drinker:

This is going to give me nightmares tonight! :laugh:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is crazy! :laugh:

Bench Day for me... hit a PR of 75 lbs. Did some accessory work for my shoulders. Hit 11:00/mi running/jogging. All in all great workout. :bigsmile: